Music Festival

rocky123

Hmmm I stand corrected. I just Googled "Pattaya Music Festival" to get the info I provided. I'm sorry for misleading anyone.

It happens........Thais are very keen on publishing every single sh*t in the media (websites, facebook, twitter, etc. etc).......but when it is about to be changed............they forgot where they put it or they lost the passwords.

Hmmm I stand corrected. I just Googled "Pattaya Music Festival" to get the info I provided. I'm sorry for misleading anyone.

It happens........Thais are very keen on publishing every single sh*t in the media (websites, facebook, twitter, etc. etc).......but when it is about to be changed............they forgot where they put it or they lost the passwords.

OK, so I took a stupid pill today....does it start April 27 or is it over ? Nirun

OK, so I took a stupid pill today....does it start April 27 or is it over ? Nirun

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/mayor-confirms-postponement-of-music-festival-11157

• 1 month later...

Must admit, the music festival is well laid out with Beach Rd being closed off in the evening and the location of the vendors and stages. The stages have the latest "bells and whistles" (sound system, lights...). Many thais enjoy sitting in various eating/drinking areas looking at the lights on Pattaya Bay. (Pattaya Bay is beautiful at night with the lights refecting on the water, just don't look too closely in the day time). I think it is a good PR festival for Pattaya, but they should have it just two nights...Friday and Saturday. Not too many people attend on Sunday night.

Despite the change in dates, I thought the festival went really well. Good security, great sound systems and huge crowds. There's a review of this year's Pattaya International Music Festival 2012 here.

Good security, more like insane security, never seen anything like it. They were confiscating pens and combs, they even wanted the stick out of mrs luk chin. Then they insisted on cutting the tops off of unopened small water bottles My small umbrella .came in for special attention but it got the ok from a superior, they seem to think my flashgun might be some sort of taser. Inside they were (very unusually) beer sellers going around with plastic glasses of chang, wow those plastic glasses could surely have been used to slash a throat or two! As normal though actually no security stage wise so the dummies start standing around it making it impossible for those behind to see which always leads to most having to stand in the end. Don't see why they call it the 'international' festival as no foreign acts that I saw and very few foreigners in the crowd. Good sound but crowds not especially large, it was free after all.

Oh seems there were a Japanese and Korean band on somewhere, an estimated 400.000 is absolute nonsense, more like 40.000 over three days. But then only went to the main stage and one other, almost nobody at the small stage, not surprising judging by the racket. There were far fewer than 10.000 at the main stage last night, including the beer garden. Hopefully will not be going to this event again. Good performances by Cham Cham Ram and Nong Pawaolee, Got's dancers are always a joy to see, very professional and also very well paid.

Edited by sms747

Despite the change in dates, I thought the festival went really well. Good security, great sound systems and huge crowds. There's a review of this year's Pattaya International Music Festival 2012 here.

Good security, more like insane security, never seen anything like it. They were confiscating pens and combs, they even wanted the stick out of mrs luk chin. Then they insisted on cutting the tops off of unopened small water bottles My small umbrella .came in for special attention but it got the ok from a superior, they seem to think my flashgun might be some sort of taser. Inside they were (very unusually) beer sellers going around with plastic glasses of chang, wow those plastic glasses could surely have been used to slash a throat or two! As normal though actually no security stage wise so the dummies start standing around it making it impossible for those behind to see which always leads to most having to stand in the end. Don't see why they call it the 'international' festival as no foreign acts that I saw and very few foreigners in the crowd. Good sound but crowds not especially large, it was free after all.

Oh seems there were a Japanese and Korean band on somewhere, an estimated 400.000 is absolute nonsense, more like 40.000 over three days. But then only went to the main stage and one other, almost nobody at the small stage, not surprising judging by the racket. There were far fewer than 10.000 at the main stage last night, including the beer garden. Hopefully will not be going to this event again. Good performances by Cham Cham Ram and Nong Pawaolee, Got's dancers are always a joy to see, very professional and also very well paid.

i saw a farang playing solo by the dusit friday night (around 11pm?)

refreshing

any know who?

i saw a farang playing solo by the dusit friday night (around 11pm?)

refreshing

any know who?

There were no official acts around Dusit Thani so must be a busker

there was a mini stage and two large video monitors lots of cameras too

impressive video crane too

perhaps they took it down after friday

i am sure the festival line up will confirm this

the very north end of pat beach near dusit and amari

very pleasant little show

no busking from the stage i believe

that would be what might be called soi one where second road turns into dolphin and then meets the beach, right there!

Edited by deejah

I remember 8 years ago (when I first arrived here) the Music Festival did have more "international groups" - a couple well known Korean Bands and a Japanese band. One stage had Western music. Too bad there can't be one stage for "Western" music...there are plenty of Western bands playing in BKK and Pattaya or spend some bucks and bring in a couple bands. I realize this is a big event for Thais so I am not complaining about the Thai bands, they were well known but this is a tourist city. (Maybe we can dig up a Russian band also)

• 10 months later...

Pattaya International Music Festival One of Biggest Music Festivals in Thailand Pattaya Music Festival 2013

Come back again for Pattaya International Music Festival! The festival this year 2013 start from 22th - 24th March 2013 (one week postponed from 15th-17th March), and there are still several stages for this event as the other recent years. If you are waiting for this festival, it won't be long already.

In the case you would like to ask for more information about this Pattaya Music Festival, you can ask a staff at Pattaya Tourism, Tel:038-253128, or a staff from Thai Authority of Tourism (TAT), Pattaya Branch, Tel: 038 427667, 038-428750 or 1337.

Source: http://www.pattayaconcierge.com/festivals/pattaya-music-festival.php