Washing Rubbish Skips In Pattaya Bay

sharecropper

I live on Pratmnak Hill with views over towards the islands & I often see what looks like a tug boat pulling multiple barges out to sea.

I regularly ask people where our rubbish goes & no one that I've asked knows.

Is anyone on here more informed & able to shed light on this?

I won't swin in these waters but I do eat seafood on a daily basis

I live on Pratmnak Hill with views over towards the islands & I often see what looks like a tug boat pulling multiple barges out to sea.

I regularly ask people where our rubbish goes & no one that I've asked knows.

Is anyone on here more informed & able to shed light on this?

I won't swin in these waters but I do eat seafood on a daily basis

I have seen them but I believe they are full of sand as I put a telescope on one a few years ago, on its way into what looked like Laem Chabang, but I do wonder whether some of Pattaya's rubbish is barged offshore, which might also account for the amount of debris washing up on the beaches, especially in rough weather.

A fried of mine, fellow - engineer on a merchant ship, tells me that when approaching Laem Chabang port, they are in constant fear that plastic bags get sucked into the ship's cooling system. This has happened several times. The main engine shuts down within seconds then.

I have not heard of that from any other region in the world.... T I T:

wow that is horrible. My wife tells me all the restaurants dump their sewage into the sea also lol.

I will not be swimming there again!!!

Nothing wrong with swimming in the sea off Pattaya - I still do it several times a day, several days a week and never had any problems. Bodies of sea water have a tremendous ability to cope with organic matter and I would be surprised if there are any deleterious effects from this practise.

As for the poster that states we are all going to get cholera ! Really ? I'd be surprised if there area any cholera infections reported in Pattaya from sea-borne sources.

wow that is horrible. My wife tells me all the restaurants dump their sewage into the sea also lol.

Nothing wrong with swimming in the sea off Pattaya - I still do it several times a day, several days a week and never had any problems. Bodies of sea water have a tremendous ability to cope with organic matter and I would be surprised if there are any deleterious effects from this practise.

As for the poster that states we are all going to get cholera ! Really ? I'd be surprised if there area any cholera infections reported in Pattaya from sea-borne sources.

Better you than me

• 5 months later...

I stopped swimming in the seas around here as I was constantly getting ear infections & I've swam in seas around Goa, the Med, US eastern & western seaboards, the Irish sea & even Southend without getting ear problems.

I stopped swimming in the seas around here as I was constantly getting ear infections & I've swam in seas around Goa, the Med, US eastern & western seaboards, the Irish sea & even Southend without getting ear problems.

The ear infections you got here were from the noisy beer bars - don't blame the sea!tongue.png

Aboslutely disgusting. If they want Pattaya to become a world famous beach resort like they say,they really need to do something about hygiene. We will all be getting cholera.

I rode alongside all that yesterday morning on my bicycle and the smell was revolting bah.gif

but thenthe again it goes on everywhere. I went to the Maldives a few years ago

and I can assure you that is a far nicer tropical paradise but even they have problems

http://www.dailymail...le-rubbish.html

Edited by Asiantravel