Getting A Bank Account

I am looking to open an account here strictly for transferring money to. I am here on a tourist visa and have heard of people getting an account setup with one, yet i havnt been so lucky.

I know that a company cannot be 100% foreign unless its under the american treaty but that seems to difficult to do for this purpose.

Basic question is what would be the easiest way to get a bank account here, company or not.

If you can't make it work in Bangkok, go to Hua Hin for the day. Banks there are very foreigner-friendly (especially the ones inside the shopping mall) and you should have no problems opening an account.

I opened my account (Kasikorn) on a tourist visa, no problem.

Edited by dotx

It's very simple. Take your visa and work permit and 3 months worth of pay cheques and you'll be issued an account within 5 minutes.

Otherwise, bend the rules and risk your money at your own expense! ;)

It couldn't be simpler.

Unless, of course, you want to open an account on a tourist visa, as previous posters have suggested. Nothing to worry about, until you go to get a withdrawal and your account doesn't exist. If you don't want to do it the legal way then more fool you.

-mel.

It's very simple. Take your visa and work permit and 3 months worth of pay cheques and you'll be issued an account within 5 minutes.

Otherwise, bend the rules and risk your money at your own expense! wink.png

It couldn't be simpler.

Unless, of course, you want to open an account on a tourist visa, as previous posters have suggested. Nothing to worry about, until you go to get a withdrawal and your account doesn't exist. If you don't want to do it the legal way then more fool you.

-mel.

Nonsense.

• Like 1

It couldn't be simpler.

-mel.

Nonsense.

bingo! i always wonder what rubbish some people produce. what part of a simple sentence like "I am here on a tourist visa" relates to a work permit?

It couldn't be simpler.

-mel.

Complete nonsense... there are thousands of tourists like me who have a Thai bank account, ATM card, Internet banking with it... and never ever have troubles accessing their money...