Need Termite Control Company

I have found the start of a termite mound under my house.

Does anyone know of a company (Plai Laem/Bangrak area) that will remove it and spray to deter them coming back, please?

A contact phone number would be great, if that's allowed, if not please pm.

Most pest control companies will want to sign a one year contract. You may be able to get a one-off, but the termites will come back for sure.

Alternative - buy Drainrite from Home-Pro and spray the little devils yourself.

Have sent a PM with a couple of numbers on

Edited by Tropicalevo

Most pest control companies will want to sign a one year contract. You may be able to get a one-off, but the termites will come back for sure.

Alternative - buy Drainrite from Home-Pro and spray the little devils yourself.

Have sent a PM with a couple of numbers on

Thanks for the numbers TE. One of them happens to be Issaan guy who my wife took to immediately of course.

He is coming round tomorrow to have a look. Apparently he takes care of 70 villas around so sounds as though he may know what he is doing.

(Yes everyone, I am not naiive here in LOS).

There is a powdered form of Chaindrite, that Tesco sells, usually on bottom shelf in pesticide section. (perhaps other stores too?) around 200 to 300 baht for 500 grams, I think.

It's in Orange package. (if I remember it used to be a gold package) Seems from my experience to last longer than spray forms. I usually make a line around house every few months.... Good for ants, termites, beetles, fleas etc... Cautions are marked on package!

Make sure to remove any loose old wood where they tend to breed.... Old coconut trees that have been cut down seem to be a breeding ground too. Wood door frames and beams are often a place you'll find termite damage... knock on the wood, if it sounds hollow you have a problem!

Houston we have a problem..... wink.png

There is a powdered form of Chaindrite, that Tesco sells, usually on bottom shelf in pesticide section. (perhaps other stores too?) around 200 to 300 baht for 500 grams, I think.

It's in Orange package. (if I remember it used to be a gold package) Seems from my experience to last longer than spray forms. I usually make a line around house every few months.... Good for ants, termites, beetles, fleas etc... Cautions are marked on package!

Make sure to remove any loose old wood where they tend to breed.... Old coconut trees that have been cut down seem to be a breeding ground too. Wood door frames and beams are often a place you'll find termite damage... knock on the wood, if it sounds hollow you have a problem!

Thanks for the advice Jimmy but I don't intend crawling under the house myself to remove the mound and then spray chemicals in an enclosed area, better to pay someone else to do the job; and the guy was dead on time, seemed to know what he was talking about and gave me what I thought was a reasonable quote.

I don't think the little b****** have actually got up to the house yet, but will soon find out. The wooden door frames seem sound.

Will let you know if he turns up to do the job at the agreed time.

Part of the deal is that he checks monthly for a year to make sure they don't reappear.

Not holding my breath on that one, though.

One post & reply deleted.

Please refer companies via PM as requested by OP.It is turning into a discussion of the merits of different companies, a line TV likes to avoid as it always turns into a name & shame.

Thanks for the advice Jimmy but I don't intend crawling under the house myself to remove the mound and then spray chemicals in an enclosed area, better to pay someone else to do the job; and the guy was dead on time, seemed to know what he was talking about and gave me what I thought was a reasonable quote.

I don't think the little b****** have actually got up to the house yet, but will soon find out. The wooden door frames seem sound.

Part of the deal is that he checks monthly for a year to make sure they don't reappear.

You're welcome!!!!

My intent was to help others too & recognize the problem and give a quick easy solution ... happy.png

I realize that some areas of the house or under it, is not that easy to do ... and may need a "professional" with the right equipment to do the job. ... although I have watched one "professional" just going around with spray tins of Chaindrite ....

Another "tell tale" sign I meant to add this morning is looking for "dust piles" around wood.... then knock on the wood! .

One of my neighbours recently told me he'd found wood furniture inside a room they don't use much.... chewed up to dust ... or most of it! Oh dear! ..check your spare rooms, that you may not use much!!!! . ohmy.png

Generally termites are a little larger than some ants look a little different too, slower moving as well ...... eggs are off white almost semi clear, if I remember correctly.... at some times of the year you see then swarming around lights by the thousands.... about 1/2 to 1" wings... ( I do stand to be corrected that they are termites in flight... that is what I was told, they are.... mid July one time of the year I remember seeing them)

Termites will eat roots of plants too, but perhaps better leave that for the .... ermmm .... Gardening section! .... although solution is the same!!!! happy.png

They won't come back if it's done properly - i.e. Poison the termites with Arsenic which they take back to their nest and kill the entire colony.

A good trick to monitor the situation after treatment is just leave a couple of blocks of tasty wood on the grass/dirt near the original infestation. They will attack that first.

Termites live underground and cannot survive in the open, so the only way they can get to your house is if there is wood touching earth. Find those spots in your property and check them out.

I realize this does not help the OP's question as to finding a company, but hope it helps people recognize the what termites look like... and then choose how to control.... these little critters can cause a lot of expensive damage in home and garden! ohmy.png

There are two types of termites, I found out today.... (perhaps more but we don't want to overload with tooo much information blink.png do we ?)smile.pngBut that was news to me!

One type lives on wood or organic matter, the other only lives only in soil... they are the ones that form the cement like mounds that can reach several feet high if left long enough.... You see them around often, although most people would not realize that what it is! wink.png

The type that lives on organic matter and would attack wood frames, support beams, wood or bamboo furniture, etc...

The second type only live in the soil .... I happened on seeing both types today....

One type in an old banana stem that had been cut down and left to rot..... The second type in a three foot mound..... it took some work to break up the concrete like soil....to see what was in the hard pile.

Pictured are both types, they don't look a lot different although I would say the ones that "Organic" ones, are slightly larger... and are ones that can chew roots of some of your prized plants....if conditions are right...

The adult winged stage of the soil type has from what I remember darker coloured wings (one pictured below) .....than the other type which is if I remember lighter in colour....

I am not sure where one would find Arsenic, surely a substance banded years ago in the west.... ? I know this is Thailand, but I think we need to be a little careful of what we use... preferably if available some thing environmentally friendly, but not always easy to find....

But adult termites... that survive being killed, by what ever method are going to find new homes by flying around looking for a "perfect new spot".... therefore checking areas periodically is necessary.... this would apply to either type!

1st pic .... Organic loving Termite in cut Banana stem....

2nd pic.... Soil type termite, adult with wings...

3rd pic...... Soil type termite "nesting holes, well within the soil mound.

Hope that helps.... wink.png

post-85461-0-94346100-1332768808_thumb.j

post-85461-0-38909800-1332768834_thumb.j

post-85461-0-21333600-1332768857_thumb.j

Edited by samuijimmy

Termites live underground and cannot survive in the open, so the only way they can get to your house is if there is wood touching earth. Find those spots in your property and check them out.

The ones that live in soil can also build earth tunnels to reach the nearest wood. If you see a thin earth tube on concrete leading from soil to wood, the buggers are inside. Would post a picture, but the pest control guy left just minutes ago. dry.png

Well have to say I am impressed.

They rang yesterday to confirm arrival time today. Arrived on time and spent over an hour under and around the house, removing the mounds, spraying everywhere.

I googled the chemical they were using and although now banned for retail sales in the UK, they are using the correct chemicals to kill virtually everything similar to termites, mosquito larvae etc.

It is not water soluble therefore stays in the ground and not diluted and washed away by rain.

Left a written contract and promised to arrange an appointment to come back and do a visual check monthly for 1 year.

They have a local phone number and office, not just a mobile. Based in Choengmon.

Thanks for the contact info TE. If anyone needs their number pm me.