Police Checking Up

ableguy

Hi guys I asked this question once before and now again. I live in Dusit house land 7 hua hin and six months ago the police visited all houses in the area rented by farangs asking to see passport and take a photo of inhabitants they claimed it was so they could idetify us if ever we had a problem, being highly suspicious of the local BIB I doubted this very much, nobody could come up with an answer why they did this. Today they are making their rounds again passport and photo. I suspect it maybe tied in with imigration see if the farangs live where they claim to or maybe for tax reasons from the owners of the propeerties what I do not believe is the BIB want to help us anyone any ideas.?

Hua Hin has had a few killings in the past few years and one only a few weeks ago just down in Prachuap......maybe nothing sinister about this at all.....Cha am police last month had a naked drunk foreigner and couldnt idetify him.....makes sense really

Hua Hin has had a few killings in the past few years and one only a few weeks ago just down in Prachuap......maybe nothing sinister about this at all.....Cha am police last month had a naked drunk foreigner and couldnt idetify him.....makes sense really

Yah I could not agree more mate. Cha Am police find a drunk naked ferang and subsiquently all police in a 30KM radius are instructed to tap up ferang doors and take photos. Yup. That makes complete sense.

Honestly. Some people see the most sinister of things out of the most simple situations.

Here is the situation. Probably:

Local police have a higher authority in town. A conversation developed in which the local ferang population was mentioned in one context or another. Local police hit on a random Moo Baan and take photos et al for no apparent reason other than to show higher authority that they have there finger on the pulse on ferangs in the area.

That, or something very simmilar.

If the local police came to my house and asked questions, I would answer them. They want a photo? I will smile like a cheshire cat. Its no big deal, nothing will come of it and its purely a futile bureaucratic thing.

Relax :)