Cunard'S Queen Elizabeth At Nathon Today

yeah saw it this morning, did not realize it was QE 2 .... much larger than most of the cruise ships that stop off Nanthon... there's been a lot lately.

One wonders, where & what these people do on Samui for the day..... ?

I would have stopped this evening regardless.... but it was gone... as there was a lovely sunset on a very calm sea. smile.png

yeah saw it this morning, did not realize it was QE 2 .... much larger than most of the cruise ships that stop off Nanthon... there's been a lot lately.

I would have stopped this evening regardless.... but it was gone... as there was a lovely sunset on a very calm sea. smile.png

Win on the scratch cards and have a 2 hour timeshare tour- after have a suit made there and then all ready for the captains dinner sailing into the sunset..................

Whens the next Cruise in?

It was the Queen Elizabeth not the QE 2. I believe the QE 2 is no longer in service. Have a look at Cunard's website. One very fancy ship. Won't be back this way probably for months if not until this time next year. On a world voyage right now and on its' way back to Southampton

It was the Queen Elizabeth not the QE 2. I believe the QE 2 is no longer in service. Have a look at Cunard's website. One very fancy ship. Won't be back this way probably for months if not until this time next year. On a world voyage right now and on its' way back to Southampton

Opps! scratch the "2" .... I've not been keeping up with new cruise ships lately !!!! rolleyes.gif

Boy!!! the tailor shops on Samui must have been super busy yesterday! biggrin.pnglaugh.png

Some details:

Date Launched: 10/2010

Registry: Great Britain

Officers: British

Crew: International

Complement: 900

Gross Tons: 90,400

Length (ft.): 964.5

Beam (ft.): 106

Passengers: 2092

I saw four coaches full of passengers approaching Choengmon yesterday with 'Cunard' boards on the front.

They were the blue/white buses normally doing the Bangkok-Suratthani (99) daily bus service, I think.

Don't know if they were stopping there or going on to Chaweng.

Maybe they stopped at Big Buddha first?

Just out of interest I checked their website to book a round the world cruise (106 days) next January from Southampton and back.wink.png

Very disappointed to see that their most expensive suite, the Grand was already fully booked at a cost of $243,974. ohmy.png

But at least their cheapest option, an inside cabin is still available at $21,994.

Must get my reservation booked quickly.rolleyes.gif

Just wondering about these cruises. Does the price includes food, or is it only accomandation?

Usually all food except perhaps at specific restaurants. Soft drinks included too - or a daily allowance. Alcohol extra. Some cruises will include just about everything, others will be more basic.

Just wondering about these cruises. Does the price includes food, or is it only accomandation?

Food pretty up market menu ! As pointed out included in the price for most of it... but not sure if booze "duty free" ... it used to be, certainly in International waters... .

Sample of dinner menu here:

http://www.cunard.co...izabeth/Dining/

Mr Yorkie had better get booking for 2014! for that Grand Suite... biggrin.png I'll gladly carry your suite cases!!!! ... tongue.pngwink.png

Food pretty up market menu ! As pointed out included in the price for most of it... but not sure if booze "duty free" ... it used to be, certainly in International waters... .

Sample of dinner menu here:

http://www.cunard.co...izabeth/Dining/

Mr Yorkie had better get booking for 2014! for that Grand Suite... biggrin.png I'll gladly carry your suite cases!!!! ... tongue.pngwink.png

I don't think I would get past the Lunch,before I became "Im Law"for the rest of the day.Must leave some room for the Beer Champagne and Caviar.I'd give it my best shot though.

Unfortunately I would need to be picked up by some Dowager Duchess, or widowed Princess,who took a fancy to my boyish looks,style, and riveting conversation...............ahhh! back to reality,bottles of Leo,and a trip on a long boat,which I can afford.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

ahhh! back to reality,bottles of Leo,and a trip on a long boat,which I can afford.

Nothing wrong with that at all. They don't know what they are missing.Give me that any day.

ahhh! back to reality,bottles of Leo,and a trip on a long boat,which I can afford.

Nothing wrong with that at all. They don't know what they are missing.Give me that any day.

Yeah much more informal & you don't need to wear a "dicky bow tie" or fancy suite, for dinner and try to keep one step ahead of the "Jones's" biggrin.png