Return Of Banned Thai Politicians Will Create 'Dream Team'

webfact

"Yingluck's femininity helps to make everything around her look good."

Even rotten apples.

I thought Chalerm was there to make her look good? Anyway, it doesn't matter how dreamy the team is when BB will still be calling the shots.

In the other paper this morning, Yingluck is insisting that she will stay on as PM after the return of the banned 111 cronies of her brother return to politics.

"Time will prove how I can run the country" is how she phrased it.

She did say, however, that any capable individual was welcome to come and work for the government... with her as the leader.

She denied that her brother was making these sorts of decisions for her government.

Edited by Buchholz

In the other paper this morning, Yingluck is insisting that she will stay on as PM after the return of the banned 111 cronies of her brother return to politics.

She did say, however, that any capable individual was welcome to come and work for the government... with her as the leader.

She denied that her brother was making these sorts of decisions for her government.

Interesting that a few months ago the standard mantra among the usual suspects (once their fantasies about frivolous legal challenges to the PM were dashed) was that Yingluck was just a cypher who would be cast aside one the banned PTP politicians became available again.They are very quiet about this now which I suppose is their way of recognising Yingluck's comparitive success in the job.

Interesting that a few months ago the standard mantra among the usual suspects (once their fantasies about frivolous legal challenges to the PM were dashed) was that Yingluck was just a cypher who would be cast aside one the banned PTP politicians became available again.They are very quiet about this now which I suppose is their way of recognising Yingluck's comparitive success in the job.

Somehow, Yingluck bleating, "I will not resign", ring as suspect as her denials that Thaksin is running the show.

rolleyes.gif

Still, whether or not puppet clone resigns is secondary to how many of boastful Suwat's "Dream Team" are put onto the Cabinet as, afterall, that seems to the be the entity that Yingluck is constantly deferring to for actions and words regarding her government.

Edited by Buchholz

So does this mean that in the near future the Thai cabinet will be full of unelected individuals?

That doesn't sound very democratic to me.

Democracy is not the aim of The DL, this a the Red Version of it - as fcuked up as it is.

LOL, tell that to an American. The US cabinet is made up of unelected officials. do you think Secretary Clinton was elected?

Probably choking on their own hatred.

TRT had only a couple of good years a decade ago but in their memories it transforms into weathering many crises or whatever. Surayud in 2006 tried to bring the old team back, in the form of a "ginger cabinet", didn't work as well as he expected. These banned TRT politicos are basically the same lot, only ideologists will do well, hands on managers are way behind the times.

Not to mention that Thaksin already has a massive headache managing Cabinet posts, so many favors promised to so many people, now the old timers want their share, too. There will be many disappointments all around.

So does this mean that in the near future the Thai cabinet will be full of unelected individuals?

That doesn't sound very democratic to me.

Democracy is not the aim of The DL, this a the Red Version of it - as fcuked up as it is.

LOL, tell that to an American. The US cabinet is made up of unelected officials. do you think Secretary Clinton was elected?

Not really on topic is it GK? My knowledge of American Political systems is not that great, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

Somehow, Yingluck bleating, "I will not resign", ring as suspect as her denials that Thaksin is running the show.

rolleyes.gif

Still, whether or not puppet clone resigns is secondary to how many of boastful Suwat's "Dream Team" are put onto the Cabinet as, afterall, that seems to the be the entity that Yingluck is constantly deferring to for actions and words regarding her government.

Yingluck will not resign until she is told to.