Acupuncture

bangkokian

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where to go for acupuncture in Bangkok?  My mom is looking for a clean place outside the hossi which won't cost her more than 1000 baht for each session.  Is anyone familiar with Dr. Manee?

Many Thanks,

BKK

Hua Chiaw Hospital is a Chinese medicine hospital with several acupunturists on staff.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

is there any clinic in Pattaya

Jomtien complex....northmost soi....end of soi... iron man gym..... Nigel...sports medicine and acupuncture.....doesn’t look the part but does a great job.... 500 baht per session

thanks

yes you are right doesnt look like an acupuncturist and i told him so

he said what are they supposed to look like

Anyway yes I can recommend him after the 1st session

Jomtien complex....northmost soi....end of soi... iron man gym..... Nigel...sports medicine and acupuncture.....doesn’t look the part but does a great job.... 500 baht per session

thanks

I dare you to have one of his massages, the man's fingers are made of steel :o

Mind you, he's still the best in town :D

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

someone took the phone number off

please send to me again]

thanks

• 4 months later...

thanks

please send to me again]

thanks

Does anyone know where Nigel has gone to as hes sold the sports club and................

or is there another as good alternative in Pattaya?

thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i have done some job for me and you all....

Acupunture in Bangkok

Hua Chiew hospital

2 branches, the larger one Maen Sii, the second next to Bobae market.

Approx 350 THB plus 7 THB per needle.

Thian Fah Hospital Fundation – at china town main road

02-2372190

Free consultation and medicine. All day.

For acupunture, only in the morning. Do not know the cost, probably very low.

Kit jawet clinic

Thaiacupunture.com

Silom/Sathorn area

Perfect english ..

With 2000 THB gives you, acupunture, hipnosis, personalized meditation and reiki…all inclusive.

Tel. 081-751-8660

Vibhavadi hospital

600 THB per session.

No fee for registration and visit.

Thai doctor graduated in china.

Bangkok hospital

First time: registration 150 THB + visit 400 THB

1200 THB per time

4 time package – 4000 THB

Have doctors from china

Piyavate hospital

3000 THB first time

1500 THB follow up

New Health building in Ekkamai BTS station, corner sukumvit 42.

3rd floor have professional acupunture. Free consultation and 1500 baht per acupunture session.

post-94419-1256890085_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know one place because I go there once a month.The doctor is genuine Thai doctor and he studied from China .He has his clinic at home as well . I think it is not too expensive .if you meet him,he will diagnose by touching your wrist (Mae =chinese diagnose style) if anyone is interest can contact 02-5067399 Clinic Doctor Chaiwat .There are many the elderly visit him .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jomtien complex....northmost soi....end of soi... iron man gym..... Nigel...sports medicine and acupuncture.....doesn't look the part but does a great job.... 500 baht per session

thanks

I dare you to have one of his massages, the man's fingers are made of steel :)

please send to me again]

thanks

Does anyone know where Nigel has gone to as hes sold the sports club and................

or is there another as good alternative in Pattaya?

thanks

As sugarhead and anjobaba mentioned below:

www.thaiacupuncture.com in Bangkok, very centrally located near BTS Choong Nonsi

Kit jawet clinic

Thaiacupunture.com

Silom/Sathorn area

Perfect english

With 2000 THB gives you, acupunture, hipnosis, personalized meditation and reiki…all inclusive.

Tel. 081-751-8660

I have just been and in one session I got rid of a large portion of ailments. Auriculotherapy - ear pressure points - is particularly effective.

The doctor - Siri Kijkornpan - is a loquatious man with a good heart.

He is prepared to travel to Pattaya if he can find enough patients who could also recommend a good place to stay in town.

If you are interested let me know and I'll arrange.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anybody any experience with acupuncture in the treatment of tinnitus? (buzzing in the ears)

I suffered from 'buzzing in the ears' for about 6 months, I think it was more of a stress-related, anxiety problem (coupled with too much Saeng Som) caused by my house sale in the UK (3 buyers over 9 months, one who was arrested by the fraud squad).

Anyway after the house sale went through the symptons persisted so I visited the St Louis Hospital Chinese Medecine clinic. First session was 850 baht, but following sessions were 600 baht each. I was recommended to have 8 sessions, in the end I had 12.

Difficult to say if it was the acupuncture or just the action of time, but the symptons subsided eventually to a manageable level (i.e. I don't wake up with the buzzing, but if I think about it I can still detect it).

Anyway I think it is well worth trying, the staff at St Louis are very pleasant and the doctor (Chinese) instilled confidence and optimism.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Has anybody any experience with acupuncture in the treatment of tinnitus? (buzzing in the ears)

I suffered from 'buzzing in the ears' for about 6 months, I think it was more of a stress-related, anxiety problem (coupled with too much Saeng Som) caused by my house sale in the UK (3 buyers over 9 months, one who was arrested by the fraud squad).

Anyway after the house sale went through the symptons persisted so I visited the St Louis Hospital Chinese Medecine clinic. First session was 850 baht, but following sessions were 600 baht each. I was recommended to have 8 sessions, in the end I had 12.

Difficult to say if it was the acupuncture or just the action of time, but the symptons subsided eventually to a manageable level (i.e. I don't wake up with the buzzing, but if I think about it I can still detect it).

Anyway I think it is well worth trying, the staff at St Louis are very pleasant and the doctor (Chinese) instilled confidence and optimism.

Good luck

This is superb news my friend.

I am aware of the TCM clinic at Saint Louis and I am also aware that they offer treatment for tinnitus in their page.

In fact I called a number of times and an English speaking nurse could n't really assure me that they will cure my wife. Anyway I am coming to Bangkok on the 5th Sept. and we will most certainly go there. Thank you again for this info. It is so good to have a hope, even a slim one.

Take care

Mario

• 2 months later...

Good luck

I am aware of the TCM clinic at Saint Louis and I am also aware that they offer treatment for tinnitus in their page.

In fact I called a number of times and an English speaking nurse could n't really assure me that they will cure my wife. Anyway I am coming to Bangkok on the 5th Sept. and we will most certainly go there. Thank you again for this info. It is so good to have a hope, even a slim one.

Take care

Mario

I'm an Acupuncturist so can't help chiming in here. Tinnitus is very difficult to cure with any medicine so they have done well (and probably time away from UK too). Some illnesses which take a long time to develop also take time to reverse. Sometimes you can only stop them from getting worse. At least with Chinese medicine they treat the whole system so many other side complaints maybe alleviated even if the worst one is a bit more stubborn...

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck

Take care

Mario

I'm an Acupuncturist so can't help chiming in here. Tinnitus is very difficult to cure with any medicine so they have done well (and probably time away from UK too). Some illnesses which take a long time to develop also take time to reverse. Sometimes you can only stop them from getting worse. At least with Chinese medicine they treat the whole system so many other side complaints maybe alleviated even if the worst one is a bit more stubborn...

I have in fact come to Bangkok early September and spent one month there. I took my wife (suffering from tinnitus) to Saint Louis Hospital Chinese Clinic. After the second treatment, the tinnitus in her right ear has disappeared. Sadly though, the buzzing in her left ear persisted but with less intensity. I do not understand the mechanics of acupuncture so I cannot tell why was that. However, irrespective of the cruel irony of the cure of only one ear, one cannot dismiss acupuncture because it did cure something. Furthermore he cured my wifes big toe which had lost tone and sensation through acupucture.

Bottom line, for a modest fee, at a place which is not overcrowded yet, one may have a chance for chronic, persistent maladies where western medicine cannot help.

regards

Mario

• 1 month later...

Just wondering - as the number of Koreans in Thailand is on the increase, especially around manufacturing areas - such as Sri Racha.

Has anyone heard if or used Korean acupuncturists?

By all accounts the techniques are different from the Chinese treatments. Always ready to listen to opinions of others.