Joymax/Gts Evo Concept 300

• 2 weeks later...

Given that the '250' is only 14cc smaller, I wonder about its price?

(And welcome back, PB)

The Sym GTS 250 EVO is not sold in Thailand, simple because the price would not be that different compared to the GTS 300 EVO. The engine of the GTS 250 EVO is 0.61cc to big to benefit from the special tax in Thaiand.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've followed the brand for a good while, and SYM make good bikes.

There's a problem: Any imported bike over 250cc is going to be expensive because of high duties. And Taiwan is not an Asean member anyway.

Plus, SYM, being a Taiwanese builder of quality bikes, does not deliver particularly cheap bikes. A 265cc (a better representation than 300!) for 138,000 baht is not particularly cheap, but what are other choices among scooters? It delivers about 23HP, according to their French site, less than an ABS Honda CBR250. But it is a scooter. I'm guessing that it fills the niche by itself, if we go only with the tried and true brands (in which I include SYM, Kymco, and available Japanese scoots)?

I think the only real impediment to buying such a machine would be its resale value in Thailand. Assuming one has a dealer with mechanics familiar with the bike (a big assumption), it might be a spectacular idea for someone expecting to use it a loooong time. For all I know, their ceramic engineering will lead to fuel efficiencies as well. Why don't we have the expression Midi-Scooter?

Edited by CMX

Well, I've followed the brand for a good while, and SYM make good bikes.

There's a problem: Any imported bike over 250cc is going to be expensive because of high duties. And Taiwan is not an Asean member anyway.

Plus, SYM, being a Taiwanese builder of quality bikes, does not deliver particularly cheap bikes. A 265cc (a better representation than 300!) for 138,000 baht is not particularly cheap, but what are other choices among scooters? It delivers about 23HP, according to their French site, less than an ABS Honda CBR250. But it is a scooter. I'm guessing that it fills the niche by itself, if we go only with the tried and true brands (in which I include SYM, Kymco, and available Japanese scoots)?

I think the only real impediment to buying such a machine would be its resale value in Thailand. Assuming one has a dealer with mechanics familiar with the bike (a big assumption), it might be a spectacular idea for someone expecting to use it a loooong time. For all I know, their ceramic engineering will lead to fuel efficiencies as well. Why don't we have the expression Midi-Scooter?

The Sym GTS 300i EVO is not alone in Thailand, Piaggo-Vespa also sells the Vespa GTV 300ie and the Vespa GTS 300Super ie, but the prices for the +250cc Vespa scooters are somewhat higher....

The Sym GTS 300i EVO is not alone in Thailand, Piaggo-Vespa also sells the Vespa GTV 300ie and the Vespa GTS 300Super ie, but the prices for the +250cc Vespa scooters are somewhat higher.... ~ RichardBKK.

Yes, thanks! In fact, I've seen one of the Vespa 300's offered here in CM, new, for 300,000 baht! I could almost argue that such a price puts the Vespa in a class by itself. Doubtless an exceptional scooter, but Wow!

Makes the SYM 265cc bike look like a bargain.

The Sym GTS 300i EVO is not alone in Thailand, Piaggo-Vespa also sells the Vespa GTV 300ie and the Vespa GTS 300Super ie, but the prices for the +250cc Vespa scooters are somewhat higher.... ~ RichardBKK.

Yes, thanks! In fact, I've seen one of the Vespa 300's offered here in CM, new, for 300,000 baht! I could almost argue that such a price puts the Vespa in a class by itself. Doubtless an exceptional scooter, but Wow!

Makes the SYM 265cc bike look like a bargain.

i saw someone selling one of theze vespa 300cc scooters 2nd hand recently

he said it cost around 330k+ with tax ,plates and insurance and he was looking 290ih for it (good luck ) :)

incredible money to pay for a scooter

I am looking for a bigger scooter at the moment. The big SYM looks miles ahead of the Jomway on fit and finish, cheaper than the Vespa....but I will probably end up with PCX as the price is more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...