Thaksin's Italy Detention Just A 'Rumour': Thai FM Surapong

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But despite that not one foreign country or international poice/legal organisation takes his conviction seriously!

Does this view make me a Thaksin lickspittle with a shotgun of lies - and if so can I have a certificate?

But despite that not one foreign country or international poice/legal organisation takes his conviction seriously!

That's why we see him breezing in and out of the U.S., the U.K., Canada, etc.

Yes, Zimbabwe doesn't take his conviction seriously, but with their shared despotism, and Thaksin infusing funds in the face of international sanctions, it's not surprising.

The leader of the drunken flying monkies that shoot out peoples rectums runs your party and yet you call this man names. Interesting. He's a wanted fugitive from justice and your party tells Interpol he's all hunky dory. Nice.

Interpol never had an interest in Thaksin because the charges against him, whatever validity they had, were clearly politically motivated.(Wikileaks subsequently confirmed this beyond any doubt).The laughably incompetent former Foreign Minister Kasit and apprentice terrorist was economical with the truth in this matter.It is possible that Abhisit, who in contrast has a cool intelligence, seems to have been aware it was pointless to ask for Interpol's help to detain Thaksin.

I'm not sure what to make of your drunken flying monkies analogy.

Merely pointing out that an organ grinding monkey is honest and hard working while the flying butt monkey is evil. I have to disagree with everything else you posted about the events and about Interpol but respect your opinion. Would have been back sooner but isp problems. Hope that clears up the monkey thing.

Yes, Zimbabwe doesn't take his conviction seriously, but with their shared despotism, and Thaksin infusing funds in the face of international sanctions, it's not surprising.

Naming three of the... three countries that MAY have 'issues' with Thaksin visiting and bolstering that with naming the sh!tiest of the HUNDREDS of other countries that don't give a flying <Snip!> about him...

3 out of 10

Must try harder.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.

Despite all the Thaksin's lickspittles shotgun of lies the crunch is that Taksin is still a convicted criminal and a fugitive from justice.

Thats the crux of the matter. No matter how much the current government trys to whitewash his sins, the reality is he has been convicted and is a criminal on the run. How does he get out of that? Hence all the 'no news/silly news' while we wait for something to happen. I recon he can't come back any time soon.

What is annoying is he and his family firmly have their snouts in the trough again!

That was close.

I just imagined Thaksin being detained by Italian immigration officials and put on the next plane to BKK - any redshirt's wet dream ( "the messiah is back!") and a nightmare for the current government.

Chances are that had The Red Messiah actually been 'extradited' by the Italians to Bangkok, The Great Zimbabwean Investor would simply have nipped off to the toilets during the Delhi stopover and be in Cambodia in time for tea. Can you imagine the euphoria, the back-slapping, the endless 'we got him' claims by various unrelated politico's as they wait with the handcuffs for the puppetmaster from Montenegro to deplane at BKK.... only to be replaced with slack-jawed, deer in the headlights looks when they find that the evil genius in Dubai had slipped away, not through any great guile and deception of his own but through the opposition's immense abilities to turn all they touch into a clusterf*ck.

That was close.

I just imagined Thaksin being detained by Italian immigration officials and put on the next plane to BKK - any redshirt's wet dream ( "the messiah is back!") and a nightmare for the current government.

Chances are that had The Red Messiah actually been 'extradited' by the Italians to Bangkok, The Great Zimbabwean Investor would simply have nipped off to the toilets during the Delhi stopover and be in Cambodia in time for tea. Can you imagine the euphoria, the back-slapping, the endless 'we got him' claims by various unrelated politico's as they wait with the handcuffs for the puppetmaster from Montenegro to deplane at BKK.... only to be replaced with slack-jawed, deer in the headlights looks when they find that the evil genius in Dubai had slipped away, not through any great guile and deception of his own but through the opposition's immense abilities to turn all they touch into a clusterf*ck.

About 120 words and says nothing.

What is annoying is he and his family firmly have their snouts in the trough again!

And if that merely annoys you, then the rank and file Democrats, as the public face of Bangkok's elites, must be absolutely inconsolable. I mean how much more humiliation do they need to suffer before they call out the guards again?

That was close.

About 120 words and says nothing.

Hey! It's early and I have only had one coffee. Take it easy huh?

Naming three of the... three countries that MAY have 'issues' with Thaksin visiting and bolstering that with naming the sh!tiest of the HUNDREDS of other countries that don't give a flying &lt;deleted&gt; about him...

In case you are unfamiliar with the use of "etc.", it indicates there are more than those listed prior to its use.

btw, there's only a 194 countries on the entire globe making it impossible for you to honestly shout "HUNDREDS"

http://www.worldatlas.com/cntycont.htm

while Zimbabwe may be the "shitiest" on his list of acceptable countries, one can also use an "etc." on the shit list,

eg. Zimbabwe, Uganda, Nicaragua, etc.

Edited by Buchholz

The leader of the drunken flying monkies that shoot out peoples rectums runs your party and yet you call this man names. Interesting. He's a wanted fugitive from justice and your party tells Interpol he's all hunky dory. Nice.

Interpol never had an interest in Thaksin because the charges against him, whatever validity they had, were clearly politically motivated.(Wikileaks subsequently confirmed this beyond any doubt).The laughably incompetent former Foreign Minister Kasit and apprentice terrorist was economical with the truth in this matter.It is possible that Abhisit, who in contrast has a cool intelligence, seems to have been aware it was pointless to ask for Interpol's help to detain Thaksin.

I'm not sure what to make of your drunken flying monkies analogy.

Wikileaks?cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Naming three of the... three countries that MAY have 'issues' with Thaksin visiting and bolstering that with naming the sh!tiest of the HUNDREDS of other countries that don't give a flying &lt;deleted&gt; about him...

In case you are unfamiliar with the use of "etc.", it indicates there are more than those listed prior to its use.

btw, there's only a 194 countries on the entire globe making it impossible for you to honestly shout "HUNDREDS"

while Zimbabwe may be the "shitiest" on his list of acceptable countries, one can also use an "etc." on the shit list,

Yes, yes, yes ajaarn... hundreds... more than one hundred. But you only chose to name the ones you know of or the ones with the worst reputation... or some other 'third world' sh!tholes. Your point is what, etc.?

Come on, step up to the plate (LOL) and google or wiki up the countries that really do give a toss.

you only chose to name the ones you know of or the ones with the worst reputation... or some other 'third world' sh!tholes. Your point is what, etc.?

That the number of countries he goes to that are top tier is far surpassed by the number of your "shithole" countries.

Edited by Buchholz

I do think that you ought to think a little bit longer before using a term such as "shared despotism". Thailand is not run by a despot, although Zimbabwe is. However Thaksin is not in Thailand. He might have such ambitions but personally I don't think so - I think he would settle for a guilt-free face-saving return, but I could be wrong

On the point of Thaksin's investment in gold and platinum mining I think that you have made a serious over-estimation of his wealth. I expect you have never seen the mining operations required to extract these metals but they are immensely capital-intensive and assuming that the estimated value of the product is all profit is naive.

I found it amusing that, you with a baseball avator, were challenged to "step up to the plate" and name the countries that cared about Thaksin's status. You did not respond to that

Edited by pastitche

I do think that you ought to think a little bit longer before using a term such as "shared despotism". Thailand is not run by a despot, although Zimbabwe is. However Thaksin is not in Thailand. He might have such ambitions but personally I don't think so - I think he would settle for a guilt-free face-saving return, but I could be wrong

On the point of Thaksin's investment in gold and platinum mining I think that you have made a serious over-estimation of his wealth. I expect you have never seen the mining operations required to extract these metals but they are immensely capital-intensive and assuming that the estimated value of the product is all profit is naive.

I found it amusing that, you with a baseball avator, were challenged to "step up to the plate" and name the countries that cared about Thaksin's status. You did not respond to that

That was because that was never what I said. It just got mangled by a replier. Thankfully, after the 3rd reply back to him, it finally seems to have sunk in.

Thaksin was a despot during his regime.

The evaluations of his gold and platinum mines were not by me, but geologists with the industry, whom I'm pretty sure would understand how things work.

Is there anything else?

Edited by Buchholz

That was close.

TG 945 flies nonstop Fiumicino-Swampy. Extradition flights have no stopovers - for obvious reasons.

That was because that was never what I said. It just got mangled by a replier. Thankfully, after the 3rd reply back to him, it finally seems to have sunk in.

The evaluations of his gold and platinum mines were not by me, but geologists with the industry, whom I'm pretty sure would understand how things work.

Is there anything else?

Yes there is. Those geologists that you talk about were estimating the value of the extracted product but you choose to ignore the costs of extraction. If it were that profitable, Thaksin would not be in the game, RTZ and others would; sanctions are only for those who believe in them..

I really think that you need to consider the true meaning of "despot". How could he be a despot in a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system? Yes a healthy majority helps a strong leader to assert his/her will as did Margaret Thatcher but I don't suspect that you would pair her with Thaksin.

The Democrat Party is completely unreliable when it comes down to Thaksin or European affairs. However mister Abhisit, Prayuth and Suthep will probably be detained at one point somewhere in Europe and possibly in Italy for human rights abuses.

Well if one accepted that notion, the paymaster would be first in line (in regard to human rights abuses) on two counts:

1. Earlier in history.

2. By total numbers (in fact at least 30 to 50 time more in total)

Edited by scorecard

I really think that you need to consider the true meaning of "despot". How could he be a despot in a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system?

In the same way that Ferdinand Marcos was a despot in a constitutional republic with a presidential system.

The form of government is flexible amongst despots.

A taste...

Foreign Policy Magazine

Bad Exes

Most ex-presidents and former prime ministers devote their lives to making a positive difference in the world, or at least fade away into obscurity. Here are five former leaders who have done neither.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/10/01/bad_exes?page=0,0

• Like 1

Letter to Interpol for Extradition of Thaksin Shinawatra for his Terrorism Acts

The Thai Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Thaksin on terrorism charges for allegedly involving in the red protests in Bangkok that left 88 people dead and 2,000 injured. I am writing to kindly urge you to cooperate with Thailand authority in extraditing Thaksin back to Thailand on ground of terrorism acts.

from 'petitiononline' website

"THAKSIN on RED NOTICE of INTERPOL"

from 'youtube'

Welcome to the forum of rational discussion, your contribution is appreciated. Do you mind if I quote from the accompanying notes to the video?

The Department of Special Investigation (FBI of Thailand) will be meeting with four other agencies to circulate former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's terrorism arrest warrant to 187 countries around the world, including Montenegro..............

Along with Thaksin, twenty other Thais are also charged with conspiring terrorism.............

Thaksin Shinawatra, a male former policeman, was born on 26 July 1949. He has a Mongoloid-Chinese look, black eyes, black hair, approximately 170 cm in height, approximately 75 kg in weight, white-yellow complexion, and a medium-build.................

April 2010, red-shirts held camp-out rally on Raj Damnoen road. On April 10, red-shirts mixed with heavily armed masked men-in-black assasinated five officers of anti-insurgency troops with M-79 grenades and stealthily shot dead twenty rallying red-shirts to fake a smear on the troops, near Kok Wua junction......................

Thaksin terrorism is not yet finished since Thaksin and his followers have announced threats of incendiary to townhalls, government offices, hospitals, Muslim mosques and any public targets. Thaksin knew the possibility of the arrest warrant for terrorism, thence he left France for Montenegrin one day before the court issue, just to get lost into his hiding cave just like Ossama Bin Laden, waiting for another malicious attacks. Montenegrin passport and newly acquired nationality of Thaksin may turn useless for him to enter Europe. Thaksin now can hardly expose himself in 190 countries which have signed the international treaty for anti-terrorism.

FROM www.antithaksin.com

Well, thats convinced me...................clap2.gif
  • Like 1

Some places Thaksin just can't buy his way into, in the clear,

at best clandestine visits subrosa.

Edited by animatic

The Democrat Party is completely unreliable when it comes down to Thaksin or European affairs. However mister Abhisit, Prayuth and Suthep will probably be detained at one point somewhere in Europe and possibly in Italy for human rights abuses.

Highly unlikely.

Is there anything else?

He is a megalomaniac, and that is always a proto-despot in the making.

Of course during his regime here he worked hard at being a despot at every turn,

he just thought it was 'maintaining order and control'. Take that too far = DESPOT.

You can not seriously believe that because he is not in Thailand he is not running the country. When the ministers have their weekly meetings he has been known to call in to it and the parade of PT ministers to visit him in various countries is staggering. The next weekly meeting they have you try to call in and see how it works out.

As for the cost of mining yes it is very high in the first world countries. In Zimbabwe It is closer to 10% for the labor so that would give the product a munch higher profit.

I agree with you in the fact that a large majority of the countries could care less about his status. But yes there are a few countries that do. Having a Thai wife I can understand why the states would not let him in. They do not knowingly allow convicted criminals into there country and I believe they know that is what he is.

I think Canada is worse I know the hoops I have to go through to get her in the states are easier than the ones I would have to go through in Canada. I would love to take her there marry her there and not have to worry about her income when I die.

As far as England goes not sure but France and Japan are definitely letting him in. So is Italy