Travel To Manchester Uk

mikebell

I intend to fly to Manchester in August. Preliminary research suggests Etihad may well be the cheapest but times are often awkward eg 3am. As I will be catching a bus from Pattaya it means spending a long time at airport before I fly.

Had anybody got suggestions for greater convenience? I would like only one stop if possible. eg BKK-Dubai-Man.

Thank you.

i always use Emirates great connction times, never used Etihad, but friend use Quater sau were exellent. one benefit of the manchester emirates is both legs on the a380. pre book seats in front lower cabin. really quite. At the moment i am looking for friends comeing out from manchester £620 for April Emirates. last week Etihad were £512. check out connection times i never go for longer than 2 hours.

Quater and emirates have morning flights from BKK. i i use kayak, not sure if you can use it from here to there.

I usually fly through middle east Dubai. Doha or Abu dhabi because it splits the journey in half. What i would suggest is today's low price might not be there tomorrow as the airlines release different classes of tickets. when you are ready to buy and would suggest look as far in advance as you can so you are not rushed into buying expensive tickets use skyscanner or something like that. The olympics will still be on in UK in August as paralympics follow the olympics and will stretch well intpo August maybe. suggest checking dates. you should be ok with any of these three to the hub the problem I think you will have is from the hub to UK. Do the journet four times a year so very used to this. Will be back in LOS 28th so you could pm me and if I can help have a chat. TV link for cheap fares is good and that brings up skyscanner as well I think. You can use a facility on this to check each day for the lowest fare by using a bar graph. Friends used it and they say good.

Hope this helps.

Dunc

Forgot etihad has very good connections, I usually fly with them and only have c2hr turnrounds in AD many other flights have long stays at hub.

When you are looking at the cost also remember August is Holiday time in the UK and prices are higher. If you are flexible the summer hols end early in September

Try Kayak, Kelkoo, Skyscanner.

Emirates, Etihad, Oman Air are pretty much the same. Most have a stopover of abt 2 hours.

Have flown many times from BKK to MAN and I've found very little difference in the quality of the airlines but you will find the prices do go up and down a lot. I've used Etihad, Qatar, Emirates, Gulf etc, etc and they all provide good service at reasonable prices. I've also found that at least one of them offer flights around 8 and 9 o'clock in the evening which makes the Pattaya leg of the journey less troublesome. Like one of the other posters I use Kayak.co.uk and I think if you want to chance it, watch the prices for a month or so to get a feel for the market. I don't fully understand what happens but I think the agencies block book tickets and then dump them again later if they haven't sold.

Also if you really want to avoid unsociable departure times or want the lowest price try looking at flights to other airports like East Midlands because most of them have National Express links to major cities, so instead of sitting around for hours waiting in an airport you can at least be on the move. I now travel from BKK to Heathrow because the prices are much lower than to regional airports and the National Express coach is only another 25GBP (usually saves me around 100GBP).

I fly with Etihad from Dublin to BKK in June. The return flight from BKK to AUH is at around 20.00 hrs, so you could catch the Bell bus from Pattaya. I don't know what time the flight from AUH to MAN is, so can't tell you the layover time.

Many thanks to all contributors. Have checked out Qatar on Skyscanner; there is a flight at 20.30 for 41,010baht.

Can only go during August to coincide with daughters' holidays.

Anyone done BKK-Heathrow then shuttle to MAN?

If you are flying in or out of Manchester don't forget that the railway station is conveniently within the terminal area and you can get good discounted rail tickets online in advance. This fixes you to specific trains, but the rules allow you use one leaving the airport up to 3 hours later if your flight is delayed). Costs me 10 quid to get to Leeds in just over an hour and is far more relaxing than mixin it on the roads.

Qatar is a fine airline, though the Doha transfer can sometimes involve an irritating 15 minute bus ride around the airport (new terminal sometime soonish) and the cuisine on the ground at Doha airport (if you are hoy polloy class like me) is pure British motorway caf circa 1970!

Just buy the cheapest/ most convenient of the three Qatar/Emirates/Etihad and ignore the fine tuning comments we TV travelling connoisseurs like to impress each other with. They are all good and you can relax in the knowledge you have avoided the Heathrow hell-hole one more time.

Just buy the cheapest/ most convenient of the three Qatar/Emirates/Etihad and ignore the fine tuning comments we TV travelling connoisseurs like to impress each other with. They are all good and you can relax in the knowledge you have avoided the Heathrow hell-hole one more time.

I've used Heathrow a few times now and with the new terminal it was no worse than any other airport.