Any Pinned Topics Regarding Yellow Book Or Foreigners Being Added To Tambien Baan?

I've tried the search function and get anything and literally everything; but not what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is information regarding the requirements to get a Yellow Book, what advantage it offers a foreigner, etc. and what the requirements are for a foreigner to be able to receive medical treatment in a government hospital/clinic under the plan.

Also, can a foreigner be added to a Tambien Baan?

If anyone has any information and can post links it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You can be added and recieve a yellow tabien baan. Some memrbers have reported that they at that time also recieved a card for medical care.

Best is to contact your amphur, as the requirements for the docuemtns to be issued a yellow tabien baan vary from amphur to amphur. But you must be in Thailand on a non-immimrgant visa, possibly on an extenson of stay.

I am after the same yellow tabien ban, and I have had my passport/visa translated, and a notarized document from embassy that I live at my address also translated. Also have wife's tabien ban, original marriage certificate, etc. Went to helpful amphur office and they agreed I had everything needed, but they need official stamp on tranlations from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Reading through posts here, I guess this is done in the Chaeng Wattana office up by Don Muang? Can anyone confirm and perhaps add some detail about what office to go to and time requried? Also, might there be a service that can get the MFA stamps done for me?

Regarding the need for it, I believe it will be needed to get my Thai drivers license, and useful when buying/registering a car. Without something like that, I could not sign up for TOT internet and other house services -- my wife is signed up for all that. All in all, I think it is not essential, but very useful if you have it. Will help when visa renewal comes around as well.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, certification is done at the Consular Department, the same department where you had your confirmation letter certified. You can do it yourslef or let a trnslation agency handle it for you.

if you arrive before noon you can get same day service.

There is also a consular department office now in Chiang mai.

I am after the same yellow tabien ban, and I have had my passport/visa translated, and a notarized document from embassy that I live at my address also translated. Also have wife's tabien ban, original marriage certificate, etc. Went to helpful amphur office and they agreed I had everything needed, but they need official stamp on tranlations from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Reading through posts here, I guess this is done in the Chaeng Wattana office up by Don Muang? Can anyone confirm and perhaps add some detail about what office to go to and time requried? Also, might there be a service that can get the MFA stamps done for me?

Regarding the need for it, I believe it will be needed to get my Thai drivers license, and useful when buying/registering a car. Without something like that, I could not sign up for TOT internet and other house services -- my wife is signed up for all that. All in all, I think it is not essential, but very useful if you have it. Will help when visa renewal comes around as well.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard that you go to immigration and tell them what you want to to do. They will give you the forms which you have the owner of the house fill in and use that as your proof of residence. No need to go back and pay immigration.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a work permit, that is also accepted as proof of residence for a drivers licence.

When I got mine ,the Puy Yai Baan and two minor village bosses had to attend the interview and vouch for me.

Then the first time I used it was to sell a motor bike and Pattaya Transport Dept. would not accept it and made me get a Residency Certificate from Immigration.

I got mine at Banglamung, we gave them copy of marriage certificate, copy of wife's id card, translated copy of my passport and required 2 Thai signatures from non related people to say I was actually me living at the specified address and not someone else. The official we felt with then said he had to send it off to Bangkok, 3 days later he called to say everything was ok and off we went to collect it. My wife asked was there a fee he said "up to you" so we gave him a couple of hundred baht. At the time I had a triple entry 6 month tourist visa. Was straight forward and painless with next to no sitting around in the office.

I did not know about the health card, I'll ask my wife about that one.