Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

For those that may be interested, the Hawks won the VFL G/F over the Cats.

Box Hill wins VFL grand final

Hawthorn affiliate the Box Hill Hawks have inflicted more end-of-season pain upon Geelong, defeating the Cats in today's VFL grand final.

Geelong was the minor premier and warm favourite to claim back-to-back flags, but Box Hill emerged as the better side early in the day.

They led from the outset, eventually winning by 21 points - 14.15 (99) to 11.12 (78).

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/box-hill-wins-vfl-grand-final/20130922-2u7pd.html

Edited by chooka

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BROWNLOW

Tonight's the night and who is going to win? Gary Ablett is the firm favourite but we have all seen the favourites fall behind. I like Joel Selwood from the cats and think he has a very good chance of beating Ablett but having said that Ablett may be hard to beat.

From my team (Saints) the best polling player will have to be Jack Steven who I think will finish in the top 10.

I think Lyon has 2 year to ago on his contract chooka, pretty sure he signed a 4 year deal.

This is my take on the saga. For whatever reason, Lyon hadn't signed a new contract by

mid-season (he had 1 year to go) and he had a "get clause" on his current contract.

In Fremantle's history, they'd never had a proven coach and have had some absolute duds like

Damian Drum and Chris Connolly.

Seeing an opportunity to get one of the most highly rated coaches in the game, Freo swooped

and basically made him an offer he couldn't refuse. The contract for 4 years was reported to be

approx. 1.5 million per year. Lyon had previously stated that he lost over a million dollars in some

bad investments.

Could it have been handled better? Absolutely, but IMO, you can't begrudge someone accepting a

4 year contract for that type of money. The same as nobody begrudged Gary Ablett or won't begrudge

Buddy Franklin.

Anyway, win lose or draw this weekend, it's been a win/win for Freo and Lyon but not for the St's.

I'm interested to see how Scotty Waters goes next year.

I think Lyon has 2 year to ago on his contract chooka, pretty sure he signed a 4 year deal.

This is my take on the saga. For whatever reason, Lyon hadn't signed a new contract by

mid-season (he had 1 year to go) and he had a "get clause" on his current contract.

In Fremantle's history, they'd never had a proven coach and have had some absolute duds like

Seeing an opportunity to get one of the most highly rated coaches in the game, Freo swooped

and basically made him an offer he couldn't refuse. The contract for 4 years was reported to be

approx. 1.5 million per year. Lyon had previously stated that he lost over a million dollars in some

bad investments.

Could it have been handled better? Absolutely, but IMO, you can't begrudge someone accepting a

4 year contract for that type of money. The same as nobody begrudged Gary Ablett or won't begrudge

Buddy Franklin.

Anyway, win lose or draw this weekend, it's been a win/win for Freo and Lyon but not for the St's.

Ross Lyon saw an opportunity. He had taken the Saints to a Grand Final (2 really) and he had done pretty well. If he stayed he would have had to go into a re-build phase lasting a while.

Freo saw an opportunity and offered him a longer term contract for lots of $$$. if anything, Saints supporters should be angry at St Kilda administrators for having not locked him in for 3-4 years more.

Sydney coach John Longmire also applied for the St Kilda coaching role, which Ross Lyon won.

Hey boys my only reason for mentioning Melbourne Victory was im a suffering Melbourne Dees supporter who found sanctuary in another code......some peopleblink.png

And ive been lambasted for my view to so who's sticking up for me? or should I say who is sticking it up me?

I don't care who wins as long as its a great game but im tipping Freo, though I thing the Hawks have all the guns.

As for the brownlow the best part was watching the players partners take a walk along the red carpet. im picking that dude chooka likes....dawks..dawkins...something like that.cheesy.gif

Ahhhhh that explains it chooka, army and police...afraid to extend yourself so take it out on your team instead:rolleyes: well the saints do look pretty in red white and black tongue.png

Running security for a aussie beer bar up there in CM?

oy AlexRRR play the ball, not the man.

Spot on. Lets not let this this thread turn into one of arguments of a personal nature or jibes against other posters.

If you want to do that there is always the General forum or the Phuket forum thumbsup.gif

On that basis, an apology from me for stating most Freo supporters were a/holes in an earlier post. I'm sure that's not correct.

Good luck to their team in the big one.

bad investments.

Buddy Franklin.

Ross Lyon saw an opportunity. He had taken the Saints to a Grand Final (2 really) and he had done pretty well. If he stayed he would have had to go into a re-build phase lasting a while.

Freo saw an opportunity and offered him a longer term contract for lots of $$$. if anything, Saints supporters should be angry at St Kilda administrators for having not locked him in for 3-4 years more.

Sydney coach John Longmire also applied for the St Kilda coaching role, which Ross Lyon won.

Three GF's mate.

2009 and 2 in 2010 (the draw)thumbsup.gif

bad investments.

Buddy Franklin.

Three GF's mate.

2009 and 2 in 2010 (the draw)thumbsup.gif

Sorry... i didn't include the 2009 at all blink.png

On a side note, some players definitely punching above their weight!

Jared McVeigh's missus looks set to take the best dressed WAG from Rebecca Judd... Both smoking hot mums...

Best part of the night really...some good perving

Josh Kennedys missus is pretty stunning as well.(swans one that is)

Hail Gazza a true champion.

Don't forget their first coach Neesham, the water polo player!

And not limited to coaches. WhyTF did we hire Modra, Tarrant.

the turning point started when Rick Hart stepped down as club president, then Connolly was gone, then most of the coaching staff, some dead wood was also cut from the squad, the last to go was Harvey - the best assistant coach we've had, but we had already filled that spot with Sumich.

Justin Leppitsch has just been named Brisbane's coach for next year beating Sydney assistant Leigh Tudor to the post..

Senior coaching aside, Leigh really should stick it out a few more years with the red and white...

Yes just read that here,

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/premiership-defender-justin-leppitsch-to-replace-michael-voss-as-coach-of-brisbane-lions/story-fni5f4q3-1226726192906