Traing In Thailand For Subsea Welding Job

scorpio

Hi,

i am a pipe welder with all offshore survival certs etc, ive worked offshore on rigs in europe, its only an idea but i would love to get into subsea welding, im guessing it wouldnt be easy, is there any guys on here can give me any advice or info on training courses, where to do them etc.

cheers

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I've done a lot of underwater welding on ships in Singapore. I taught myself. You use oxy-arc and special underwater electrodes. They have a hole through the middle. Being a good welder above water is much more important training. As long as you know how to use SCUBA you don't need to get any special training. You clip the earth to the thing you are going to weld and you just control the oxygen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mermaid Offshore services/Maritime used to do wet MMA welding training in Laem Chabang, may be under TWI Thailand now

But there is no way they will let you take the course without an IMCA ticket.

IMCA diving ticket are you talking ?...assuming here they want you to have a commerical divers ticket before they let you do the welding training

Edited by Soutpeel

Mermaid Offshore services/Maritime used to do wet MMA welding training in Laem Chabang, may be under TWI Thailand now

But there is no way they will let you take the course without an IMCA ticket.

IMCA diving ticket are you talking ?...assuming here they want you to have a commerical divers ticket before they let you do the welding training

Nah mate, an IMCA puppeteers ticket...