Sorng Thaews To The Dark Side

WaatWang

Hello,

We have unexpectedly found ourselves in need of a new home with little notice. I started looking online and it seems like the greatest value (and multitude!) of homes are in the Khao Tao Lo / Khao Noi area. Unfortunately, we don't have a car, and I can't drive a motorbike to save my life. Could anyone tell me if either of these streets are regular routes for sorng thaews (aka baht buses - B10 / fare)? Otherwise, I think I'll have a hard time maintaining my social life. giggle.gif

Any experience using these on the dark side? If they even exist, how often do they run? (Like maybe similar to S. Pattaya Rd between 2nd Rd & Sukhumvit, where there are a few and they start one place & wait for them to fill up then run up & back - ?) Have you found service is unavailable at certain times of the day, or on certain days of the week?

Many thanks in advance for your replies! wai.gif

Kind regards,

WaatWang

soi country club are the red ones, i live Pong area, they have the green ones go through Non Prue that go to Sukumvit. 30 baht every 15- 30 mins. finish at 6pm. both sercies work well according to girlfriend. problem is then getting frow sukumvit to where you want to go. with the Pong its case of walking down the strret and then getting another songtaow to Pattaya beach road.

Thank you Lucky and Marstons!

Have to check out homes on Soi SCC then...how far up do the baht buses go? As far as the Lake or to around what Soi, do you happen to know?

I am not familiar with Pong, but there was one home in Nongprue that I saw. I'll put that one on the short list to check out!

Many thanks,

WaatWang

Thank you Lucky and Marstons!

Have to check out homes on Soi SCC then...how far up do the baht buses go? As far as the Lake or to around what Soi, do you happen to know?

I am not familiar with Pong, but there was one home in Nongprue that I saw. I'll put that one on the short list to check out!

Many thanks,

WaatWang

there are of course plenty of motor bike taxi's. Pong is nice village just had a Teco Lotus open and a a 7/11 so 24 hour convienence stores.. I do most shopping there now as its convienient in the Lotus express and not much diffence to the main stores price wise.

Personaly i would look esle where if no transport, maybe Jontiem area, or North pattaya on the Sukhumvit road area where there are more transport options.