Spouse Earning More Than You

barefoot1988

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebrate and retire earlier, perhaps?

You talk a lot about retirement, don't you?

It saddens me when I read about men who spend more or less their entire adult lives working purely in order that they can ..... retire.

I don't wish to retire. I doubt Sir Alex Ferguson wishes to retire. I doubt Warren Buffet wishes to retire. I doubt Sir Richard Branson wishes to retire.

You don't need to retire, little Bendix. You just need to get yourself a life.

Take a risk. Be brave. Be bold. Be daring.

Thanks for the advice, MPB. I hope you dont mind if I totally ignore it based on the fact you know diddly squat about me.

I do want to retire. I believe in life first, work second. I have worked hard to enjoy my life and that you want to continue working is not my concern at all, nor do i pass judgement on it.

Enjoy your life. I am enjoying mine.

It saddens me when I read about men who spend more or less their entire adult lives working purely in order that they can ..... retire.

I don't wish to retire. I doubt Sir Alex Ferguson wishes to retire. I doubt Warren Buffet wishes to retire. I doubt Sir Richard Branson wishes to retire.

Thanks for the advice, MPB. I hope you dont mind if I totally ignore it based on the fact you know diddly squat about me.

I do want to retire. I believe in life first, work second. I have worked hard to enjoy my life and that you want to continue working is not my concern at all, nor do i pass judgement on it.

Enjoy your life. I am enjoying mine.

I'd have to agree.

Work just stops me doing a whole bunch of stuff I actually want to do.

I am looking forward to an early semi retirement. That doesn't sit well with all women. But really, it is my life and I don't want to waste it working day in day out.

It saddens me more to think of the pensionable age which could be around 78, probably live until 79 and all accrued Super that I have worked donkeys years for will be dispersed amongst the kids who didnt know me anyway because I was always at work.

Thats what I call sad!violin.gifjap.gif

i find it odd that someone can suggest that I shouldn't want to retire and that I should get a life in the same passage.

Very weird.

But the, of course, I was a fast right hand bowler, not a trundling medium pacer

She hasnt had a better education than me but I set her up in business ( investement of 4 million baht 5-6 years ago) showed her how to treat customers and she went from 12 k a month salary ina fulltime job to 250k a month in 5 years working for herself.

It paid off for me....... I now do nothing.............BIG TIME hahahah

I am not bothered by this one iota.

Oh dear, seems we both married the same woman ;)

• Like 1

Retire? I never really did have to go to "work". If you enjoy what you are doing is it actually work? Retirement to me only meant more time to do the things I enjoy doing without any restrictions on when I had to stop or begin. Hitler didn't retire either, neither did Stalin, Mussollini, Idi Amin, Mao tse Tung, Ghengas Khan, Bonaparte, Saddam Hussein or any of those other wonderful war lords.

Retire? I never really did have to go to "work". If you enjoy what you are doing is it actually work? Retirement to me only meant more time to do the things I enjoy doing without any restrictions on when I had to stop or begin. Hitler didn't retire either, neither did Stalin, Mussollini, Idi Amin, Mao tse Tung, Ghengas Khan, Bonaparte, Saddam Hussein or any of those other wonderful war lords.

So that would mean more time to work,in your case.

So that would mean more time to work,in your case.

True. I work at painting and writing about the things that I love doing. I work at keeping three lovely young women happy. I work at keeping myself happy, but that's not hard to do considering my life style. My biggest job is finding the time to enjoy everything at the same time. I get a bit bored with having to do the same thing any more than 3 or 4 days in a row... even though it is all pleasurable.

She hasnt had a better education than me but I set her up in business ( investement of 4 million baht 5-6 years ago) showed her how to treat customers and she went from 12 k a month salary ina fulltime job to 250k a month in 5 years working for herself.

It paid off for me....... I now do nothing.............BIG TIME hahahah

I am not bothered by this one iota.

Oh dear, seems we both married the same woman wink.png

If you guys ever divorce, can you give me her phone number?

enjoy it my wife has always had lots more than me but i would not say she really earnt it just lucky investments. Does it really matter as long as its not a huge difference or if its a problem for one parties ego

enjoy it my wife has always had lots more than me but i would not say she really earnt it just lucky investments. Does it really matter as long as its not a huge difference or if its a problem for one parties ego

i find it odd that someone can suggest that I shouldn't want to retire and that I should get a life in the same passage.

Very weird.

But the, of course, I was a fast right hand bowler, not a trundling medium pacer

I bowled for Oxford University.

Let's have a look at what you've written. You say that "but the, of course.........."

I don't think there is any need to take things further, do you?

Hopefully we can both agree on what I am; and hopefully we can both agree on what you are not.

If you want to be taken seriously, little Bendix, learn to write.

If you enjoy what you are doing is it actually work?

Bravo Mr Forbes. Very good!

Very weird.

Let's have a look at what you've written. You say that "but the, of course.........."

Hopefully we can both agree on what I am; and hopefully we can both agree on what you are not.

MediumPaceBowler by his own admission has spent 12 years ( yes 12 years ) lurking on Thaivisa. That is an impressive record as TV is only 10 years old.

He has now taken the plunge into the posting pool and has decided to use all of his hours and hours, years and years of TV studying to attempt to be a Troll.

If I was that bad at something after 10 years of studying I would give it up. MPB, square your face up, you're impressing nobody.

My television is too small... and I don't have an iPad like my friends... and my 3GS needs replacement, because of the battery...

You don't have a 4S?

How are posters like this still slipping through the net...disgraceful...

PS....I'm still using a Samsung...but the bling has worn off the cover now and it looks tacky. On the bright side I look forward to losing it...only taxi drivers keep returning it to me in the certain knowledge the tip will be larger than the proceeds of a sale..

Anyway I digress...

MediumPacedBowler appears to be claiming to be Blue when it rather seems he is Green doesn't it?

Oh well...tally ho chaps!

He won't be happy that he has been outed as a troll, the only entertainment we'll get out of him is trying to guess who he was before he was banned the last time. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Very weird.

MediumPaceBowler by his own admission has spent 12 years ( yes 12 years ) lurking on Thaivisa. That is an impressive record as TV is only 10 years old.

He has now taken the plunge into the posting pool and has decided to use all of his hours and hours, years and years of TV studying to attempt to be a Troll.

If I was that bad at something after 10 years of studying I would give it up. MPB, square your face up, you're impressing nobody.

Do you actually live here in Thailand?

Simple question, isn't it? And we both know the answer.

This is a forum for expats. It's a forum for people who live and work in Thailand.

I am not an uneducated loser who lives in Scotland.

Would it surprise you to learn that I don't post on forums related to life in Scotland?

He's an uneducated loser who lives in Thailand and has problems sleeping at night.

I wonder if its his fan not working...he can't afford aircon?

Or is it something more sinister...I can't wait for the next instalment...biggrin.png

biggrin.png

MPB is easily the worst troll we've had on here for a while. He has not talent for it whatsoever!! Good trolls have a degree of wit and intelligence, and some of them are actually highly entertaining. After 10 years of lurking this is the best he can do, oh well, that's a shame.

In the meantime.......let's dance!!

Very weird.

You're quite right, MPB.

You have - in one beautiful post - completely destroyed me by pointing out a typo. My reputation is in tatters. I have been reduced to a mere husk of a poster, and shall forever be ashamed to show my face in this forum.

I only hope you are not too hard on me in future.

You're a great man. A truly truly great man.