Lifan Cross 200

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffler seems to have good flow, but the carb could use a vent to eliminate the popping. Somewhere back in these threads somebody put a larger carb on and seemed to like the result. I would like to see an update on that.

That and some upside down forks would be nice.

The hand guards were 1800b.i prefer the new look of the headlight and fender and gives off a better light.still waiting for price on wheels but a guy up north said 1000b per wheel but would have to send up there and pay for that,hope to get the same price here!

Actually I haven't had any problem with it at all. I am just assuming that overall performance would be improved but upgrading the suspension.

Perfect, thats the correct answer clap2.gif

But i wouldn't change such solid old style fork with any cheap upside-down fork without good reason. Cheap USD forks tend to leak. And they collect good amount of dirt which may damages the seals. I would stick to the stock fork with its harmonica type dirt covers. The seals will last a good amount longer.

So how many kms do i have to run the engine in for?should i maybe stay away from taking it off road for a bit!

There is a lot of evidence that a hard break in is much better for your engines longevity than the old style soft break in.

You get a better ring seal by taking advantage of the striations in the cylinder wall before they are worn away.

There was some good discussion on this in the CRF 250L thread.

I tested the full range of my engine long before the first 1000kms

Looks great! I love those brush guards, and the mirrors are cool. ...not totally sold on the headlamp for a dirt bike. ..looks a bit "racey" for my tastes. With the Motard tires it would look cool, I think. In any case, nice mods! How much were those brush guards? Any word back on the price for powercoating the wheels?

I just dropped off my bike for the 1000K service. I have no idea what they're doing. I just drove into the dealer and pointed at the odomoter. Guy said "yeah, yeah' yeah, and off he went with it! ....It will probably come back a different color!!

After lunch, I'm going to another shop to see about a stone guard.

Also, I'm thinking about buying this riding set and having it shipped here. It's $87 for Pants, Jersey and gloves. With shipping, its about $130 + import duties. Before I get something like this shipped all the way over here, does anyone know of a local place to buy this stuff. It seems much more expensive here!

Paddock outlet Bangkok http://www.paddock.co.th/outlet/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

More expensive but at least you can try stuff on and take it away that day.

Looks great! I love those brush guards, and the mirrors are cool. ...not totally sold on the headlamp for a dirt bike. ..looks a bit "racey" for my tastes. With the Motard tires it would look cool, I think. In any case, nice mods! How much were those brush guards? Any word back on the price for powercoating the wheels?

I just dropped off my bike for the 1000K service. I have no idea what they're doing. I just drove into the dealer and pointed at the odomoter. Guy said "yeah, yeah' yeah, and off he went with it! ....It will probably come back a different color!!

Also, I'm thinking about buying this riding set and having it shipped here. It's $87 for Pants, Jersey and gloves. With shipping, its about $130 + import duties. Before I get something like this shipped all the way over here, does anyone know of a local place to buy this stuff. It seems much more expensive here!

Paddock outlet Bangkok http://www.paddock.c...chk=1&Itemid=54

Forgot to say If the Alpinestars stuff says Vietnam inside they aren't knock offs.

Alpinestars stuff is made there these day's I've looked at them in dealers in the UK

and they have made in Vietnam inside.

For once something that's cheaper in Thailand than Europe.

As Ryan's Lifan wheelie avatar looks way cooler than my girly pose.

I see photographed stoppie practice coming on when I get back smile.png

Paddock outlet Bangkok http://www.paddock.c...chk=1&Itemid=54

Forgot to say If the Alpinestars stuff says Vietnam inside they aren't knock offs.

Alpinestars stuff is made there these day's I've looked at them in dealers in the UK

and they have made in Vietnam inside.

For once something that's cheaper in Thailand than Europe.

As Ryan's Lifan wheelie avatar looks way cooler than my girly pose.

I see photographed stoppie practice coming on when I get back smile.png

I found a local shop and picked up a jacket and a pair of riding pants here. I couldn't believe they had my size!!!

The jacket is an Alpinestars. It's cool mesh material everywhere, but with padding in the back and in the elbows. Great mix of coolness and safety.

Jacket-Front.jpg

The pants are made by a German company called "Nerve"

Pants.jpg

Like the jacket, they have lots of padding, but also lots of mesh to let the air in. Both are good quality, and I paid 6000 Baht total for both. For anyone in Buriram, I got this stuff at a place called "Monster." The owner lived in Australia for quite some time and speaks good English. He also has a mechanics shop that has a good reputation.

T182....go for a ride with Dutchbike if need a new Avatar--he takes great pics! biggrin.png

Hi Ryan, where excatly in Buriram is that shop Monster located?? as you know i'm in need of a new rainsuit annoyed.gif Also curious what other kind of ridingkit they got there.Not easy to find Farang sized gear around here. How the 1000 km service went ?? probably an oil and olifilter change and cleaning the airfilter element.how much you paid for it?

My friend is convinced!! he wants a Lifan Cross 200 and by the end of this year we can go out riding with the 3 of us, and who knows mayby there some more off roaders in the Buriram area and we can start a sort of off road ridingclub laugh.png The Buriram Dirtbikers smile.png

happy trails

Here are the direction to Monster.

The Monster shop is right downtown. From your house, come in on the 218 (which turns into Jira Road). Keep going straight. You will pass Big C. You will pass Rajabaht University. Then you will pass the water canal (moat). After you pass the water, take a left at the first stop light. It's on this road. Go all the way down almost until the road ends, about 500 or 600 meters. The shop is on the left. The shop is very small, but they do have a few nice accessories. The jacket I bought, for example, was the only one in the shop.

The 1000K service was 120 Baht.

How are you guys posting pictures? Most forums resize pics automatically, but my pictures on here are ridiculously big! Are you guys actually resizing the photos in photoshop before uploading them? Obnoxious!

So the snake oil sales info posted above on break in procedures is supposed to be legit without any technical wear data from actual testing from a real testing lab like honda, kawa,suzuki or yamaha use for their engines ??? If he had some solid proof that this procedure actually was better I might be willing to try it. I mean how does he come up with 2-10% better claim on power with nothing to back it up, wheres the beef ??? Some people will buy anything they read these days off the net.

So the snake oil sales info posted above on break in procedures is supposed to be legit without any technical wear data from actual testing from a real testing lab like honda, kawa,suzuki or yamaha use for their engines ??? If he had some solid proof that this procedure actually was better I might be willing to try it. I mean how does he come up with 2-10% better claim on power with nothing to back it up, wheres the beef ??? Some people will buy anything they read these days off the net.

The page you are refering to starts with:

Warning:

This is a very controversial topic !!

I guess this would be enough reason to open a new thread for discussing it biggrin.png

Picked it up today,all good and have been off road,seems to have alot of power for a 200cc,did take it back to shop after 1 hour because when i put the brake on the indicator would go on!so they sorted that and adjusted the clutch,but does seem a bit hard sometimes to get into N.anyone else have this problem?but all good and seems very good off road and not heavy like some other bikes.post-70773-134096519558_thumb.jpg