Lifan Cross 200

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i take it that when i need to replace sprockets i have to get the original ones?would like renthal but don't think would fit.

rear sprocket is the same fittings as honda I have read.

Will find out shortly as I am going to drop the rear by about 10 teeth

^

i want to get a bit more out of the lower gears, the way it's ratio'd at the moment 1st is fairly useless I find.

Knocking 10 teeth off will put it down to about 3.2:1 from the current 4+

^^

It should be better on the highway, but not as good at hill climbing.

Same here i find the gearing good as I'm off road most of the time,i have found that my tires have worn down a lot after only one week,so want to get some better ones for off road (more off road)and on road.any one know what i should get?maybe a harder compound.

...about an hour after you posted that.....I got a call.

...number plate is ready to be picked up!

OK that worked now let's try this one, when do my lottery winnings arrive? smile.png

....except that this is Thailand.....so when I got there they told me that my plate wasn't really there....but they had my green book.

Anyone else had a problem with there throttle cable going very slack and cant use the bike,have to take it in the back of pickup tomorrow to get the shop to have a look!had a look in the carb myself and put it back together and it was ok for a minute then back to slack again!what could be the problem?

more than likely frayed cable or the slack adjustment on throttle or the top of the carb.......Chinese build quality at its finest i presume???? need to be a bit more mechanical savvy on these jobbys really??? i will be over in 2 weeks for all your repairs......hehe???? the fact of the matter really is the motor not too bad (honda copy) everything else.....debatable im affraid ;)................wait a minute could be the small tab at the end of the cable which pulls the carb slide up possibly??? or the slide sticking??? moisture??? you really do get what you pay for but i may well purchase one for my 9 month stay??? at least when i sell it all the problems should have been ironed out haha;)

Haven't replaced either but I have adjusted my clutch at the lever. What do you mean by "adjustable?" The clutch and (I think) the front brake are adjustable at the lever. .

Got a good story about dropping your bike? ...love to hear about people crashing cheesy.gif

....pics would be nice too!

Yes they will a exact fit,they have made them before for the lifan,they had to change the front ones as i have i have a different front end on my bike,i know they make for klx and d tracker,they are on facebook and called spy design,will post on here when i get them fitted,anyone know the best way to fit them on,hairdryer?

I've found the best way is to remove the plastic and clean it like you've never cleaned it before. That is to include an alcohol wipedown to ensure there is no oil remaining.

Then make you a soap solution...same type you'd make if you were going to blow bubbles or about 5% solution (50 mL soap per litre of water). Apply plenty to the surface of the plastic and place the decals. With the soap solution on there you have plenty of time to adjust the graphics as you can slide them around quite easily to get the perfect alignment. Using an old id/bank card that has the corners rounded off (don't want the sharp corners digging gouges into your new graphics), place your thumb in the centre of the decal and work outwards to drive out air bubbles. Once satisified with the results, simply leave in the sun to air dry. I suppose you could utilise a hair dryer on low to assist in the drying process, but the sun will dry it more evenly.

• Like 1

Had a bit of an adventure today. Our neighbor asked if I wanted to join him in a run out to the field. He said it was good off road trail. So I got my Lifan out of the shed and my wife said. “your tire looks a little low.” I said that's ok, we're going off road and low pressure is good for that (Actually I was thinking, I will be back in 15 minutes why worry).

The neighbor has a step through bike, though heavily modified for off road, with very aggressive knobby tread. My bike is still sporting the original tires with nearly 6000km's on them. The tread wasn't very aggressive to begin with, and now it is down to about 3mm. This is important because it has been raining for the last 2days and last night very hard.

The ride out was a lot of fun, I was following, so I don't know how the 2 bikes compared, I had to hit the brakes a few times to keep from running him over. But the main issue was the greasy mud, especially on the ups and downs. Going up you had to make sure you kept your speed or you would slide back down, and coming down it was all you could do to keep your bike upright. Heavy ruts and little streams.

We made it out to the rice paddy he was heading for and then we sat in the little shack for a bit with the rest of the guys who were there.

They were drinking lao kao from a jug that originally held waterproofing chemical for concrete. Something I know is toxic. But I has a little anyhow, it was the polite thing to do.

Now it was time to go home. We both new that going back would be difficult for the Lifan, because the harder climbs were in the homeward direction; and the Lifan had got stuck a couple of times on the way there.

But the Lifan performed awesome all the way up to the hardest climb. This hill was pure grease, and the rain had returned. I gave it my best shot, but got bounced into a deep rut, and in my efforts to get moving forward again, I managed to blow the under-inflated rear tube.

Now we had extra slippage because the rim would turn inside the tire as well as slipping on the mud.

The rest of the trip was much less glamorous. Babying the bike over the trail and needing a push now and then.

It sounds like it wasn't fun, but I had a great time. I don't blame the bike, I should have checked the tire pressure, and the treads are done, except for road travel.

I am going to get a new tire and tube tomorrow. In Chiang Rai. Does any one have a suggestion for a better tire. I don't want the aggressive knobby tire, but I would like a quality dual purpose tire.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1