Lifan Cross 200

According to a (Chinese) Lifan factory mechanic, I spoke to not so long ago the LF200GY-5 has a gearbox which is designed to tap the gear-lever into the right gear. Many new, and some longtime owners seem to squeeze the gear-lever into a gear which doesn't work well...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked it up today,all good and have been off road,seems to have alot of power for a 200cc,did take it back to shop after 1 hour because when i put the brake on the indicator would go on!so they sorted that and adjusted the clutch,but does seem a bit hard sometimes to get into N.anyone else have this problem?but all good and seems very good off road and not heavy like some other bikes.post-70773-134096519558_thumb.jpg

Indicators come on when you brake and when you clutch. It flashes on both sides front and back. I always thought it was dumb, but I never thought to change it. I think I will get it changed too, as long they still work for turns.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to pop into neutral and also 1st gear. The shop adjusted it and now it goes in easy, actually better than my CBR ever did.

I also have a question for Lifan LF200GY-5 owners, if it was possible to change the gearbox to a “one down, four up” for about 1.500 THB (including installing) would you be interested?

What quality guarantee would we be talking, parts from what company?. And would there be any change of gearing ratio?

I think I would be interested with a little more info. If nothing else it would help the resale and it would help when borrowed by friends because they wouldn't have to relearn how to shift.

I also have a question for Lifan LF200GY-5 owners, if it was possible to change the gearbox to a “one down, four up” for about 1.500 THB (including installing) would you be interested?

What quality guarantee would we be talking, parts from what company?. And would there be any change of gearing ratio?

I think I would be interested with a little more info. If nothing else it would help the resale and it would help when borrowed by friends because they wouldn't have to relearn how to shift.

The parts are original Lifan parts, no changes in gear ratio.

The LF200GY-5 engine is well know around the world, and has worldwide many different gear selection flavors – basically to please the locals - for some reason, I have no clue, a mechanic (who I believe currently not even works for Lifan) selected the current gear selection for Thailand...

Edited by Richard-BKK

The parts are original Lifan parts, no changes in gear ratio.

The LF200GY-5 engine is well know around the world, and has worldwide many different gear selection flavors – basically to please the locals - for some reason, I have no clue, a mechanic (who I believe currently not even works for Lifan) selected the current gear selection for Thailand...

I am interested.

Anyone know what other chain would fit the bike?maybe a renthal chain?

As all these Chinese Moto crossers are much the same maybe these links will help

http://chinariders.n...iewtopic&t=7356

http://www.krungthai...om/aboutus.html

Service manual for the Zongshen version of the 200GY-2

http://www.mychinamo...-2EC-Manual.pdf

Slightly different engine but nearly "same same" at least it's in English smile.png

It's been a pleasure following a positive thread on theses bikes I thoroughly enjoyed my couple of months

with one. If you dig through the "My China moto" site there is a wealth of information on these bikes,

"Thumper talk" chinese section is another.

http://www.thumperta...um/207-chinese/

The Lifan LF200GY-5A uses a 428H chain, the specs are Chain 428H-130 and the Lifan part number is GB/T14212. For alternatives, you can buy a D.I.D 428H-130 part number 121130, other alternatives are EK Chain 428H 130 S02 and actually the list is pretty long... (very common chain and length)....

The H in the 428H chain stands for HEAVY DUTY, so not buy a simple/budget 428 chain...

Anyone know what other chain would fit the bike?maybe a renthal chain?

Yes, you can buy the Renthal R1 428 130 for 1950 to 2000 THB as alternative chain....

p.s. if you buy a Renthal R1 chain online, do not forget to order also a Renthal R1 428 Master Link, the chain itself comes without one...

post-12170-0-34902300-1341270325_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK