Going Back To Laos Again For The Second Time

So it's that time again.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this. I've got two tourist Visa's in my passport already. The first one is a single entry that I got from the embassy in Washington, DC. The second one is a double entry I got from Vientian. The double entry is about to expire and I need to go back and get a third one.

I've heard this is when things start to get tricky, so I'm trying to get some kind idea as to what my odds are for obtaining another 2x entry visa and what, if anything, I can do to maximize the probablility of getting it.

Are they more likely to give it you if your tourist visa was obtained from other places? As in my first was from the US and I've only got one from Laos so far. I've heard that "touts" can increase your chances. What are those exactly? Are they the guys hanging around outside the building who will go in and do it for you? Last time I was there, some people asked to do it for me, but I didn't trust handing over my passport to some random guy on the street. He also asked for quite a bit of money.

Anyway, I'm getting pretty nervous about doing this so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Donald Sutherland

I'm in the exact same situation except my first was a double entry from my country and then a second double entry from Laos. I leave tomorrow for Laos with an agent but they warned my chances aren't so good of getting another double. I will post here and let you know what I get. Apparently Savanakhet is more friendly now then Vientiane so you can try going there, I believe I am going to Vientiane though.

I was in Vientiane the week before last. My last visa was from Cambo in 2010, a double entry. Anyway, when you get to the Consulate itself, there are guys outside the little gate, I mean right outside, who will process the whole visa for I think 1000 baht. That means you don't wait in line to turn it in (took us only about less than 2 hours), and when you come back the next day, they hand it over. I've heard they are trustworthy, read it somewhere here on TV. And maybe they can give you a better chance. Anybody you give it to before you reach the Consulate will probably just hand it to these guys anyway and charge another 500 baht.

We stayed at Thawee Guest house which was fine, there are many but some did not look so good. Good luck Bro.

I'm in the exact same situation except my first was a double entry from my country and then a second double entry from Laos. I leave tomorrow for Laos with an agent but they warned my chances aren't so good of getting another double. I will post here and let you know what I get. Apparently Savanakhet is more friendly now then Vientiane so you can try going there, I believe I am going to Vientiane though.

Cool man, let me know how it goes. I will be leaving from Chiang Mai. How much farther is Savanakhet from Vientiane? Or I guess how much of pain in the ass would it be to get to from Chiang Mai?

Report from the grammar police: your headline says the same thing three times. Here are the three acceptable headlines:

Going back to Laos

Going to Laos again

Going to Laos a second time

Please do not over-egg your pudding; it makes it very heavy.

You don't need any agent to get your visa anywhere in Laos and you are even crazy to let anyone to do it for you.

You wlll get your visa in Vientiane if you have 3 maximum in your passport and you will get it at Savannakhet eve if you have more. I know many people who even got it at Vientiane when they had more than 3, they just explained why and bargained and promised that it's the last time... Other people just cut some useless pages in their passport and others just renewed their passport at their embassy.

I can't believe that some people still wonder and that others expect annything from touts in front of consulate at the Internet age...

Well I was told by the booking agent that she couldn't even guarantee I would get a single entry and she asked me if I was sure I wanted to go, I don't think she would try and turn away business for no reason. And what I paid for the whole thing including the return trip in a huge comfortable mini bus, expedited visa on arrival and entry stamp, private bus across the bridge, hotel, meals and the tourist visa fee with expedited drop off and pick up wouldn't have been much cheaper if I did it all on my own.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was told by the booking agent that she couldn't even guarantee I would get a single entry and she asked me if I was sure I wanted to go, I don't think she would try and turn away business for no reason. And what I paid for the whole thing including the return trip in a huge comfortable mini bus, expedited visa on arrival and entry stamp, private bus across the bridge, hotel, meals and the tourist visa fee with expedited drop off and pick up wouldn't have been much cheaper if I did it all on my own.

my last entry on my NON-Immigrant VISA O is valid till June 30 but investigating the logistics etc of Double Entry Tourist visa in Ventiane. Can I ask what service provider you used and the cost? I'd appreciate it.

my last entry on my NON-Immigrant VISA O is valid till June 30 but investigating the logistics etc of Double Entry Tourist visa in Ventiane. Can I ask what service provider you used and the cost? I'd appreciate it.

Five Star Visa runs out of Pattaya, it was 8000 baht.