Excellent Service From Rayong Immigration

Javabear

I went to Rayong immigration today to get a residence certificate to put my motorcycle in my name. We got there just before lunch and I fully expected to be told to come back in an hour. Fortunately the woman remembered us from last week when I got the same paper in order to get my Thai drivers licenses. She was able to find the papers from last week and give us the new one we need with no fee. We were in and out in 10 minutes flat. Great job and many thanks to Rayong immigration!

Are Rayong and Map tha phut one and the same, if so i went to Map tha phut, they coundn't help me, as i just live in Chon Buri, they were very helpful and pleasant, went to Sriracha, ( I was the only westerner there, all the rest were from surrounding countries) to get my 60 day visit wife extension, they were also friendly and helpful, it must just be Jomtien thats just too busy, to have a friendly feeling to it. sometimes i wish i lived just a few hundred yards further south/east.

Edited by steve187

Are Rayong and Map tha phut one and the same, if so i went to Map tha phut, they coundn't help me, as i just live in Chon Buri, they were very helpful and pleasant, went to Sriracha, ( I was the only westerner there, all the rest were from surrounding countries) to get my 60 day visit wife extension, they were also friendly and helpful, it must just be Jomtien thats just too busy, to have a friendly feeling to it. sometimes i wish i lived just a few hundred yards further south/east.

Yes Rayong and Mapthaput are the same.

Yeah I've been dealing with Rayong Imm for years now. I find them very friendly and I've never had any issues with them what so ever. You never really have to wait there that long too.

A little bit off topic. Does anyone know what dates they will be closed during Songkran? I have to go for my 90 day notification on April 18th.

• 1 month later...

^you can do your 90 days up to 1 week in advance of the due date but they should be open on 18th as the holiday is 13th to 17th.

You can do it upto two weeks in advance at Maptuphut, just done it today. also they have installed a "ticketing" system in their, ie get a ticket out the machine and wait for your number to be called. I know this is suppose to improve effciency, but seems to me, it has infact seemed to have slowed things down at Maptuphut..rolleyes.gif ....maybe just picked the wrong time of day...a Friday afternoon...

^you can do your 90 days up to 1 week in advance of the due date but they should be open on 18th as the holiday is 13th to 17th.

You can do it upto two weeks in advance at Maptuphut, just done it today. also they have installed a "ticketing" system in their, ie get a ticket out the machine and wait for your number to be called. I know this is suppose to improve effciency, but seems to me, it has infact seemed to have slowed things down at Maptuphut..rolleyes.gif ....maybe just picked the wrong time of day...a Friday afternoon...

Yes, I was in there this morning, and it was as busy as I've ever seen it. I thought the ticket system works ok - I wanted both a 90-day report and a re-entry permit, so took 2 numbers (the machine lists the different categories of transaction). My number for the reporting came up in 10 minutes, and I was at the desk for less than a minute. It was nearly another half-hour, however, before the re-entry number came up, I think because they were busy dealing with bulk applications presented by company couriers, of whom there seemed to be several kicking around. Once my number was called, however, I was done and dusted within 10 minutes.

There is a significantly different clientele at Maptaphut than at Jomtien, which clearly deals mostly with westerners. Most of the applicants this morning were Chinese and and other Asian nationalities, reflecting no doubt the industry in the area.

I think a mid-week afternoon is probably a better bet for the future. I would recommend anyone to print off the forms they require before going, as the desk in the entrance rarely seems to stock any, and I noticed one or two people looking around and then having to wait to approach the counter to get one.

I can confirm that I paid 250 per letter there a few weeks ago. I needed for my driver license renewal. I made the mistake of asking for 2 letters and paid 500. I forgot that a copy of the original is Ok for the DLT folks when renewing both licenses

Oh paid 500 and no receipt given or offered,,,,,,,,,,,I did not try to ask for one

I can confirm that I paid 250 per letter there a few weeks ago. I needed for my driver license renewal. I made the mistake of asking for 2 letters and paid 500. I forgot that a copy of the original is Ok for the DLT folks when renewing both licenses

Oh paid 500 and no receipt given or offered,,,,,,,,,,,I did not try to ask for one

Maybe it was you that told me, last Wednesday afternoon at the licence place?

Did we sit there and watch the video together? About 2 in the afternoon? Nice to put a face to the screenname

Did we sit there and watch the video together? About 2 in the afternoon? Nice to put a face to the screenname

Yep, that was us!

Yep, that was us!

Interesting movie wasnt it..?...biggrin.png ....did you manage to figure out the plot ?...whistling.gif

• 2 months later...

Just to add my twopennyworth and agree with previous posters about Maptaput's efficiency. Recently extended my stay there for another year and did my latest 90-day report to boot - in and out within 30 mins. Particularly impressed that the IO who processed my extension handed me the 90-day form off his own bat and was also willing to process the 90-day report once I'd completed this, thus saving me the need to join the long queue at the 90-day window (the ticketing system wasn't working at the time of my visit). A bit puzzled as to why the staff seemed to be all wearing lurid pink polo shirts instead of the regulation brown uniform, however!

Edited by OJAS

• 1 month later...

A somewhat less than positive experience at Maptaput this morning for my latest 90-day report, unfortunately. No overt unpleasantness from behind the windows, but the sole female officer processing 90-day reports seemed so S--L--O--W. It took 30 minutes for my number to be eventually called, even though there were only 5 in front of me. After attending to one person she then seemed to faff around for 5 minutes before calling the next number! That said, she was also subject to constant interruptions for blank TM47’s - why on earth these forms can’t be displayed out front instead of having to be asked for escapes me.

The whole process from start to finish took 45 minutes, the longest to date on record for a 90-day report in my experience. However, the whole place was packed out, although I only observed 1 other Western farang who did not seem to be there for 90-day reporting purposes. I suspect that a further contributory factor to my delay was that at least 2 people in front of me appeared to be couriers seeking reports on behalf of whole battalions.

I may well have been particularly unlucky in my timing on this occasion. Next time, therefore, I plan to give it a go in the early afternoon to see whether there are less people around then.

A somewhat less than positive experience at Maptaput this morning for my latest 90-day report, unfortunately. No overt unpleasantness from behind the windows, but the sole female officer processing 90-day reports seemed so S--L--O--W. It took 30 minutes for my number to be eventually called, even though there were only 5 in front of me. After attending to one person she then seemed to faff around for 5 minutes before calling the next number! That said, she was also subject to constant interruptions for blank TM47’s - why on earth these forms can’t be displayed out front instead of having to be asked for escapes me.

The whole process from start to finish took 45 minutes, the longest to date on record for a 90-day report in my experience. However, the whole place was packed out, although I only observed 1 other Western farang who did not seem to be there for 90-day reporting purposes. I suspect that a further contributory factor to my delay was that at least 2 people in front of me appeared to be couriers seeking reports on behalf of whole battalions.

I may well have been particularly unlucky in my timing on this occasion. Next time, therefore, I plan to give it a go in the early afternoon to see whether there are less people around then.

You need to slow down a bit.......you are in Thailand now!! Behave!!!

Glegolo

As long as you're driving, shouldn't be a problem. But there's no public transportation right to the office. Closest you can get is the highway by bus, and then the moto-taxi, and they know you've no other choice than a long walk. You can get a taxi from Rayong bus station, but you've got to ask them to wait, as there's no other way back.