What Peaves Do You Put Up With To Live Here

Gone

Self-opinioated experts on Thai culuture annoy me , they are usually the ones praying (wai) inapppropriately at the locals & look really stupid , I feel embarrassed for them Why do so many people go on & on about how the Thais are this & that , maybe I'm cynical but there is nothing special about Thai people at all. It's just another country.

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supermarkets

2 aisles of bulk food

2 aisles of oil

1 aisle of instant noodles

1 aisle of fish sauce

2 aisles of chips

2 aisles of coke

2 aisles of baby formula

....did I forget any?

.....and bugger all else left in the remaining 1 or 2 aisles

Oz

Has anybody mentioned the smart arse pri*****s who do their best to be obnoxious in the perverted hope you would be buying a suit from them. And if you walk past them a few times an hour they will still try the handshake move on you and address you as "Boss" .I guess we all like the same idiots to them .

• Like 1

Has anybody mentioned the smart arse pri*****s who do their best to be obnoxious in the perverted hope you would be buying a suit from them. And if you walk past them a few times an hour they will still try the handshake move on you and address you as "Boss" .I guess we all like the same idiots to them .

Who buys that stuff anyways?

1. People that spell Bhat (as in Thai Bhat) as "Bath". They remind me of the kind of people from the UK that say "five pound" instead of "five pounds". Both of these types of people have idiot eyes.

2. People that don't know thwe difference between a typo and genuinly bad spelling.

3. The discovery by the hordes of little places that were previously favourite haunts because they hadn't been descended on yet by the hordes. The hordes then force me to move on. Pattaya is a bit like that generally.

4. The sight of large, clumsy, ungainly falangs sitting at an outside table eating Thai food. There is something about them, their huge heads going up and down, their big mouths chewing away like cows, their bodies that are bit too large for the chairs and tables. I wish these people would stick to eating meat pies in bars and leave me to eat my kao man gai in peace.

5. Overly friendly conversaton from foreigners, could be falangs but can be others, towards Thai business vendors, when I know very well the Thai's are only interested in money and probably hate falangs. Once I hear all the "how are you, its been so long" blah blah blah and see the hand shaking I normally feel like vomiting. Do these guys really thing the Thai people running these businesses are their great friends? A friendly nod or hello will do.

6. Russians with shirts unbuttoned wandering around Mike Shopping Mall.

7. People who say they hate whingers

8. Whiny Australians that pretend to be all laid back etc etc

The list is endless

WOW Have you concidered seeing a doctor about this? Or even a travel agent?

1. People that spell Bhat (as in Thai Bhat) as "Bath". They remind me of the kind of people from the UK that say "five pound" instead of "five pounds". Both of these types of people have idiot eyes.

2. People that don't know thwe difference between a typo and genuinly bad spelling.

3. The discovery by the hordes of little places that were previously favourite haunts because they hadn't been descended on yet by the hordes. The hordes then force me to move on. Pattaya is a bit like that generally.

4. The sight of large, clumsy, ungainly falangs sitting at an outside table eating Thai food. There is something about them, their huge heads going up and down, their big mouths chewing away like cows, their bodies that are bit too large for the chairs and tables. I wish these people would stick to eating meat pies in bars and leave me to eat my kao man gai in peace.

5. Overly friendly conversaton from foreigners, could be falangs but can be others, towards Thai business vendors, when I know very well the Thai's are only interested in money and probably hate falangs. Once I hear all the "how are you, its been so long" blah blah blah and see the hand shaking I normally feel like vomiting. Do these guys really thing the Thai people running these businesses are their great friends? A friendly nod or hello will do.

The list is endless

I am english and since you wish to comment on correct english please could you explain to me what on earth is a "typo?"

Do you mean baht? tongue.png

Ummmm.....yes.....baht.....dropped myself right in it that time didnt i....

The list is endless

I am english and since you wish to comment on correct english please could you explain to me what on earth is a "typo?"

You need help with the meaning of typo? OK, here is some help for you and no doubt the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary will contain an equivalent definition if the latest fversion doesn't already:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typographical_error

Self-opinioated experts on Thai culuture annoy me , they are usually the ones praying (wai) inapppropriately at the locals & look really stupid , I feel embarrassed for them Why do so many people go on & on about how the Thais are this & that , maybe I'm cynical but there is nothing special about Thai people at all. It's just another country.

Good one, agree.. So thats now my number 9. For 10 I will add the tailors that try to shake my hand and speak with a fake accent 11. shop assistants that follow me around

The list is endless

You need help with the meaning of typo? OK, here is some help for you and no doubt the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary will contain an equivalent definition if the latest fversion doesn't already:

http://en.wikipedia....graphical_error

So its aussi street slang or something similar?

AussiE street slang, I doubt it! More like an American English (lol) abomination of typographical error, but you knew that, right?!

Oz

North Americans became acquainted with the term Aussie when in the 80's 'Crocadile Dundee' was appointed international Ambassador of Australia.

The list is endless

It can mean spelling errors, but the guy has made a few himself. SORRY, SORRY, l am not spelling police but as he is having a go at us English then really should have his own house in order (eh)..

The list is endless

It can mean spelling errors, but the guy has made a few himself. SORRY, SORRY, l am not spelling police but as he is having a go at us English then really should have his own house in order (eh)..

you are number 2....an annoying little pedant...there is a difference between a typo and generally bad english and generally not knowing how to spell. inability to distinguish between the two is, i have found, a sign of stupidity.

I absolutely HATE that really annoying "Pattaya Pattaya" song, what a load of shat.

"Pattaya Pattaya, Puuying love you mahk mahk" who wrote that crap?

And the thing I hate about it most? It sticks in my head, in fact just posting this I am hearing it.

Now I need to go and jump off the balcony to make it stop.

Hang on, I think I just solved another Pattaya mystery.

Edited by TexasRanger

REMOVED

Oh, I dunno. Seems he made some points. I'm used to all those, and most of the others mentioned in this thread, so they don't bother me. Traffic, parking, 90-day reporting, the increasing number of katooeys, and obnoxious music in the go-gos are my pet peeves.

Edited by Rimmer

how about people who can't spell in English...'peeves' ?

How about grammar Nazi's? They really grate my nerves with nothing else to do with their lives but pedantically correct others on insignificant grammatical errors..

Another peeve i have is my lack of ability to look ,all simultanously, at where my feet are going on the uneven footpaths , to watch out for low overhagging signs that will open your head up , scooters and bikes that urgently need your space of road as you step of the kerb and yet still concentrate on those cute little shorts that some of the girls barely wear.

Edited by xen

Supermarkets

2 aisles of bulk food

2 aisles of oil

1 aisle of instant noodles

1 aisle of fish sauce

2 aisles of chips

2 aisles of coke

2 aisles of baby formula

....did I forget any?

.....and bugger all else left in the remaining 1 or 2 aisles

Oz

you forgot the aisle full of ladders and boxes and chatting cuties.....of course that is the aisle with the marmalade....

......oh yes and that bovine bare handling all the meat products while blocking the aisle with her cart and 3 or 4 fat little rug rats...

......and why go the check out girls put all the heavy items in one bag..and the toilet cleaner in with the butter.......lol

......and why is there only chicken or pineapple frozen pizza..have they never heard of pepperoni!..and whats with all the Japanese frozen food?

and why, if I lose my wife, is she always standing transfixed in front of the cosmetics counter when I asked her to get some razor blades and a toothbrush..

and of course the no liquor sales time slot...

"jesus what a life.!"......Preserved Killick violin.gif

going for a pre bonk shower after the stunning tall bar girl and finding the seat up........

You shower in the toilet??

You have a toilet with a seat??

hey come on!!!.....I only rent hi so rooms ..air con fan, bed with over a 2in+ plastic foam mattress, farang toilet with a seat ,bum wash, a 1x2 m cubicle with aluminum door...licklips.gif Tell me you ain't been there .....beats a bamboo mat on a floor back of a restaurant....knees can't take that anymore!!!

• Like 1

In the queue at 7.11 waiting for my turn, and some Thai woman opens the door and manages to get served before me.

In the queue (with crossed legs) at the toilets of a busy Bar/disco and some Thai woman runs in and jumps the queue, runs into the loo and locks the door.

It's just not fair !!!!! Terrible manners.