One Way Ticket For A Thai

can anyone help i'm taking my daughter and my partner back to the uk she has a tourist visa 6 months . i've been looking at flights 6 month open ticket and they are not cheap it will work out cheaper if i get us all one ways .

i know when i do this on my own when i'm returning to bangkok form london they always check my visa which is a one year non 0 ..

what i am asking do you think i would be able to take my partner on a one way or would that cause a problem with the airline or even the immagration in London .The last thing i would want is she get's refused entry when we land .

ANY ADVISE PLEASE .....

Raven when we get to the UK immigration might ask to she her return ticket if she don't have one they might send her back then it will be down to the airline for not checking when we checked in . its the same when i come to thailand on a o/w but its ok because i have a non o visa...so i'm asking if the uk visa has the same rules ..

liveforever it's a lot cheaper in the uk for a return ticket . Thai air here want 78,000 baht over 1,500 quid .. cheapest in april is 41,000 baht with jet airways thats 900 quid ...

book the ticket in advance from the UK, you know the dates, and give her the confirmation of flight booking to show the Immigration Officer if required to do so.

That's my problem tho Beano i'm not sure when we will return yet .. and most tickets these days have so many restriction to do a date change .Thx for the idea tho i will keep that in mind ..

no more post's please . I've found out my answer just in case someone else was going to do what i was going to do to save money from thailand's high flight fares the airlines won't let a Thai fly one way unless she or he has a settlement visa .

thx for your posts ..

no more post's please . I've found out my answer just in case someone else was going to do what i was going to do to save money from thailand's high flight fares the airlines won't let a Thai fly one way unless she or he has a settlement visa .

thx for your posts ..

Micky, if you're happy then just ask the Mods to close the thread.

I have on 3 occasions bought my thai wife 1 way tickets from Bangkok to Australia.

The first 2 she had a tourist visa.Second a spouse visa.

First time was with Singapore airlines and second time was with Thai air.

On both occasions she was stopped for a long time at the check in counter by the both airlines.

Both airlines on each seperate occasion said she must have a return ticket to travel on a tourist visa.

Luckily i was with her and i told them what they say is bullshit.

I produced the visa letter from the australian embassey and made them read it and asked them where in the letter of visa grant does it say she must have a return ticket.

They mumbled of of rubbish and supervisors were called.

Eventually on both occasions she got through check in.

In australia immigration did not care about a retrun ticket.

Maybe all the airlines worry about was not useing them for a return flight.

The reason i did not buy return ticket for was simple.

I did not know if i would return to Bangkok with her.

If i was with her we would go singapore airlines and stop of in singapore.

If she travelled alone i would send her thai air a direct flight.

Nothing sinister we were just thinking ahead.

Sounds like you was lucky i think the reason is if your wife did get stopped at immigration and they did decide not to let her into aus then the carrier being TG OR SG would be realiable to take her back to Thailand .

thx all the same ..

Sounds like you was lucky i think the reason is if your wife did get stopped at immigration and they did decide not to let her into aus then the carrier being TG OR SG would be realiable to take her back to Thailand .

thx all the same ..

Exactly, the reason the airlines make sure a return ticket is in hand is that they could be responsible for shipping a person back to their home country should they overstay a visa...

thx for your posts ..

You don't say where you got this answer but it is not true. Take students for example.

The requirements as set out in the UK immigration rules are to be able to meet the cost of onward or return travel. Cash in the bank is fine for this but not credit cards.

thx for your posts ..

You don't say where you got this answer but it is not true. Take students for example.

The requirements as set out in the UK immigration rules are to be able to meet the cost of onward or return travel. Cash in the bank is fine for this but not credit cards.

all the airlines i've called have said the same they won't let her on the plane ..with a one way ticket . it's the same for us coming to Thailand from the uk if you haven't got a year visa and your on a one way they won't let you on you have to purchase a onward ticket it happened to a mate of mine ....

hello micky, when I travelled back with my missus recently to LHR on EVA air at the check in desk she was asked for her residence card etc not only upon check in but at the gate so I wouldn't take the chance mate.

If you have a credit/debit card from the UK theres nothing stopping you dealing with a company over here for your flights... going to PM you the number of a travel agents I use that are pretty competetive at times.

cheers

-mickey1965-

http://th.skyscanner...2012.html?flt=1

Check it out. 32.300.- Baht May - Nov Jet Airways

http://th.skyscanner...2012.html?flt=1

36.500.- Baht Apr. - Oct. Air India

yeah it took me to cheapflights.co.th ive had that price still a lot of money 36,500 baht = 750 quid and it's with air india your get the same ticket in the uk for about 480 quid ... for 750 notes i expect something like eva air not some garbage can that can fly's lol....

micky1965

So you get the same ticket in England for 480 Pounds? Why you not buy it than?

Or do you mean, that Ticket is from London - BKK return?

So, what is your solution than?

Fly in May, cheaper. 32.300.-

Edited by ALFREDO

micky1965

So you get the same ticket in England for 480 Pounds? Why you not buy it than?

Or do you mean, that Ticket is from London - BKK return?

So, what is your solution than?

Fly in May, cheaper. 32.300.-

i will get me and my daughter a one way each and the misses a return .no i'm in thailand can't go may need to be in london by the 26th april ..

When I take my GF to states we have a mountain pf paperwork showing she will return and a RT is certainly part of that!

Now, she has her kid in tow and you want to front up and tell an immigration agent - why she HAS to return again?? She is staying w/ you a long time so I presume no job.

I would not count on ticket prices going down, in fact, I would bet they will go up at least until Sept15-Nov15 window which might see slight move down.

I see it as pretty risky and would never do same, especially with a child.

Good luck!

Mickey, the only problem I see that you might have is getting past the check in in Thailand.

As you rightly said, if they make an arse and your partner is refused entry - (Nothing to do with a return ticket) then they will be held responsible.

As far as UK immigration are concerned, your partner has a valid entry visa, unless she is up to no good, then end of story.

You need to be able to convince the Thai carriers that she is going to return, you should get no problems UK side.

The airlines are extremely squeamish about this rubbish, just in case they have to pay (I think 2000 USD fine) + a free flight back.

I had problems with squeamish staff in the UK when flying with my wife (who is Thai) back to my job in China, despite her passport and visa being in order, they refused to issue a boarding pass from Bangkok to Shanghai, just because her passport was in her maiden name and her Chinese visa was in her married name - when we got to Bangkok, the Thai Airways staff just laughed, sent someone down to collect our luggage and forward it onto the connecting flight!

Seemed a bit strange really, as my 9 month old son was travelling on a 1 year multiple business visa for China - they didn't question that!

Good luck!