Thaksin's Songkran Cost At Bt6,500 Per Head

Lite Beer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have hired two telephone boxes for the gathering. A loaf of bread and a couple of fish for the banquet.

I believe it might be five loaves and three fish. After the miraculous blessing by their messiah it will turn into enough food to feed the masses. Deja vu all over again.

• Like 1

One can make unsubstantiated and agenized innuendo about funding all one likes, and denigrate those participating, but one cannot avoid the fact this is going to be a massive citizen movement corroberating electoral results, and repudiating the coupists. If this doesn't give some people pause, they are living in La La land, or ostriching to the extreme.

This gathering is about seeing Thaksin. Not everyone who voted for Pheu Thai voted because of Yingluck's connection to Thaksin. Many would have voted for the populist policies, but have no interest in Thaksin himself. Also, I'm sure there are many Red Shirts who are truly pro-democracy and hence voted against the "coupists", but do not support Thaksin, so would not attend this event. (Is Sombat and his group going?). So whenever you try to connect Red Shirt gatherings with electoral results you are making false implications, because things are not as straightforward as you try to put it.

Not according to the Democrats who implied throughout the election campaign a vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin

One can make unsubstantiated and agenized innuendo about funding all one likes, and denigrate those participating, but one cannot avoid the fact this is going to be a massive citizen movement corroberating electoral results, and repudiating the coupists. If this doesn't give some people pause, they are living in La La land, or ostriching to the extreme.

This gathering is about seeing Thaksin. Not everyone who voted for Pheu Thai voted because of Yingluck's connection to Thaksin. Many would have voted for the populist policies, but have no interest in Thaksin himself. Also, I'm sure there are many Red Shirts who are truly pro-democracy and hence voted against the "coupists", but do not support Thaksin, so would not attend this event. (Is Sombat and his group going?). So whenever you try to connect Red Shirt gatherings with electoral results you are making false implications, because things are not as straightforward as you try to put it.

Not according to the Democrats who implied throughout the election campaign a vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin

And it wasn't? Then you deny Thaksin is running this country through his proxy PM sister?

And it wasn't? Then you deny Thaksin is running this country through his proxy PM sister?

According to the post above mine that I responded to......no.......

You think Abhisit and Korn were running the country..........cheesy.gif

I reckon it'd be the perfect opportunity for some poster's on here to tell Thaksin, Jakrapop and the red shirts exactly what they think of them face to face.

6500 baht? Cheap at half the price!

Do you think he would be in the slightest bit interested in what a bunch of moaning farang think of him? It won't alter the fact that he will become the great leader once again, very, very soon.

I don't think supposed freedom fighters like Amsterdam or CalgaryII would be supportive of Human Rights Watch's stance:

Probably not but no side has the monopoly of truth or moral rectitude.Trouble is that in Thailand some key players don't recognise this -Thaksin and Abhisit imediately come to mind

Characterizing the UDD/Red Shirts as violent is misinformation. The violence came from Coupist aggressors defending their coup, which precipitated a predictable reaction.

What you write in this discussion forum is misinformation (though I understand it is your task to do so).

Not all protesters are violent, but there were definitely violent elements within the UDD (and maybe there still are, possibly in hibernation or preparation). What do you know of General Khattiya Sawasdipol ("Seh Daeng") and his involvement with Thaksin and the UDD?

Thaksin_Red_General.jpg

30116756-01.jpg

hardcorered-300x225.jpg

Edited by hyperdimension

How much for the autographed picture and commemorative doily?

coffee1.gif

I think this a great trip and all of TV members should sign up for this. It will be great for all of our rich wife's to get together and brag about how rich and how Chinese they are.

I can speak Chinese as well as my wife and we will enjoying taking to them in Chinese.

Can I bring my rifle? (No, I did not say my wife!)

But Pheua Thai and Nattawut love the coup leader General Sonthi now. It might encourage him to have another one.

Be that as it may.Many people are beginning to believe that Sonthi's approach has support at a much higher level.Bit of a quandry for the Dems.Of course they could seize the initiative by winning a general election which would instantly neutralise Thaksin's cunning plots for ever.Only one slight problem - their leading politicians (with one or two exceptions like Korn) are rubbish and the country won't elect them.

Picked it - "...their leading politicians (with one or two exceptions like Korn) are rubbish...."

This is the major difference between the 2 parties; with PTP there are no exceptions.

• Like 2

I reckon it'd be the perfect opportunity for some poster's on here to tell Thaksin, Jakrapop and the red shirts exactly what they think of them face to face.

6500 baht? Cheap at half the price!

Right buy your own beating.

But Pheua Thai and Nattawut love the coup leader General Sonthi now. It might encourage him to have another one.

Yep the coupist leader is a red shirt boy now Calgaryll, and he still says the coup was justified. Whats your take on that? Are you predicting another 500,000 participants in this Redshirt jaunt to see their convicted criminal leader whos a fugitive from justice?

It sounds like a good deal, you can see two of the wonders of the world:

1. The ancient- the vast and impressive former kingdom of Angkhor Wat

2. The modern- one of the world's greatest bare-faced liars in person.

Please, Mr Thaksin, why did yourself and your wife hide millions of baht in your servants' names for several years?

The money was frequently transferred in and out of accounts.

Could it have been used to buy shares in nominee names?

If so, what was the reason, apart from the obvious manipulation of stock prices?

This evidence is on public record, was published by the court, and never challenged by Thaksin's lawyers or referred to by Thaksin.

In addition to using family members as financial conduits he also funnelled money through for example the family chauffeur.

Like all overreachers Thaksin thought he was powerful enough not to be challenged in his illegal activities, but as with them all he paved the way for his own downfall.

A study in failure, but also one of spitefulness and revenge on the body politic. If he can't have Thailand he will destroy it in the process of trying.

What we have here are no more than a series of honest mistakes which went unnoticed by various people over a period of time. The several fold increase in the value of Shincorp during his premiership was inevitable due to the predictions of his personal fortune teller.

Edited by bigbamboo

It sounds like a good deal, you can see two of the wonders of the world:

1. The ancient- the vast and impressive former kingdom of Angkhor Wat

2. The modern- one of the world's greatest bare-faced liars in person.

Please, Mr Thaksin, why did yourself and your wife hide millions of baht in your servants' names for several years?

The money was frequently transferred in and out of accounts.

Could it have been used to buy shares in nominee names?

If so, what was the reason, apart from the obvious manipulation of stock prices?

This evidence is on public record, was published by the court, and never challenged by Thaksin's lawyers or referred to by Thaksin.

In addition to using family members as financial conduits he also funnelled money through for example the family chauffeur.

Like all overreachers Thaksin thought he was powerful enough not to be challenged in his illegal activities, but as with them all he paved the way for his own downfall.

A study in failure, but also one of spitefulness and revenge on the body politic. If he can't have Thailand he will destroy it in the process of trying.

What we have here are no more than a series of honest mistakes which went unnoticed by various people over a period of time. The several fold increase in the value of Shincorp during his premiership was inevitable due to the predictions of his personal fortune teller.

Have you removed your tongue from your cheek yet?clap2.gif

I remember making a wrongful prediction that on Thaksin's last visit to Cambodia, Veera and Ratree, the 2 PAD activists, would be freed from jail: but I can't help thinking this next visit by the fugitive fuhrer at Songkran may see their release.

Big meeting in Nonghkai tomorrow, of regional UDD/Red Shirt leaders to coordinate and faciliate the large numbers crossing the Laos border for this Thaksin visit. There will be two crossings into Laos - Nonghkai and Mukhdahan. Three crossings into Cambodia. Not sure of locations. Also the paperwork required needs to be streamlined for such large numbers. Based on my observations, motivation is approx. 70-30. 70% for the camaradery, and 30% for Thaksin. Hell-of-a-deal for both Laos and Cambodia, considering the economic impact of such a large influx for a period of time.

Edited by CalgaryII

Big meeting in Nonghkai tomorrow, of regional UDD/Red Shirt leaders to coordinate and faciliate the large numbers crossing the Laos border for this Thaksin visit. There will be two crossings into Laos - Nonghkai and Mukhdahan. Three crossings into Cambodia. Not sure of locations. Also the paperwork required needs to be streamlined for such large numbers. Based on my observations, motivation is approx. 70-30. 70% for the camaradery, and 30% for Thaksin. Hell-of-a-deal for both Laos and Cambodia, considering the economic impact of such a large influx for a period of time.

TAT can at least upward adjust the number of tourists expected this 'Miracle Thailand' year. That is assuming all leaving the country and entering again count as two smile.png

I remember making a wrongful prediction that on Thaksin's last visit to Cambodia, Veera and Ratree, the 2 PAD activists, would be freed from jail: but I can't help thinking this next visit by the fugitive fuhrer at Songkran may see their release.

Pheu Thai Party MP and Party Spokesman Jirayu Huangsap said as much yesterday in the other paper saying that Thaksin would discuss their release with Hun Sen during Thaksin's April 14-15 trip to Cambodia.

Big meeting in Nonghkai tomorrow, of regional UDD/Red Shirt leaders to coordinate and faciliate the large numbers crossing the Laos border for this Thaksin visit. There will be two crossings into Laos - Nonghkai and Mukhdahan.

cheesy.gif Good luck on their trip from Savannakhet, Laos (at the Mukdahan crossing) to Vientiane

It could be that red shirt supporters living around Ubon, Surin and the Roi Et area would be better off crossing into Laos via Mukdahan and then driving straight (and left a bit) up Route 13 rather than go via Nonghkai. It may be a longer route but would probably be quicker.

Edited by phiphidon

Big meeting in Nonghkai tomorrow, of regional UDD/Red Shirt leaders to coordinate and faciliate the large numbers crossing the Laos border for this Thaksin visit. There will be two crossings into Laos - Nonghkai and Mukhdahan.

cheesy.gif Good luck on their trip from Savannakhet, Laos (at the Mukdahan crossing) to Vientiane

It could be that red shirt supporters living around Ubon, Surin and the Roi Et area would be better off crossing into Laos via Mukdahan and then driving straight (and left a bit) up Route 13 rather than go via Nonghkai. It may be a longer route but would probably be quicker.

It could be that red shirt supporters living in Isaan wake up, burn all their red shirts and get a real life......jap.gif

Only two things are endless.The universe and human stupidity. But I'm not sure about the universe. Albert E.

Edited by sirchai

TIT.

4,000 Baht from Prakhonchai - aircon bus to border, coach to Siem Reap, 2 nights - up to you - come home.

CALL NOW -- Space limited.