Sukhumvit Road

eek

The vid is very well done. I enjoyed watching it. I even enjoyed the naivety shown on both sides ... It should be allowed to dream.

Now let's see what the TV cynics will make out of this thread ... *getting the popcorn and sitting back*

Thank you for sharing this, Eek!

I thought it was well done. Maybe it is a morality tale..who knows? Some of these situations work out, some dont. I just thought it was the start of a really rather common tale. Didnt seem to be moralistic or negative, just telling a story that im sure many have experienced variations of.

• Like 2

Just underlines und confirms the "normal" generalizations about how and why Thai women and Farang men meet...

- he is lonely and finds nobody at home, therefore goes to the Internet and falls for the first glrl he sees..

- she is desperate and puts all her chips on the first Farang who writes and hopes to change the poverty life of herself and her family...

Besides all the tears one could have looking at that video... have we not heard that beginning of the story too often? where is part two when he learns what she does for living and she learns that he is only King in Thailand but not home? And part three when she leaves him broken (emotionally and financially)?

Just underlines und confirms the "normal" generalizations about how and why Thai women and Farang men meet...

- he is lonely and finds nobody at home, therefore goes to the Internet and falls for the first glrl he sees..

- she is desperate and puts all her chips on the first Farang who writes and hopes to change the poverty life of herself and her family...

Besides all the tears one could have looking at that video... have we not heard that beginning of the story too often? where is part two when he learns what she does for living and she learns that he is only King in Thailand but not home? And part three when she leaves him broken (emotionally and financially)?

yes, maybe so, but thats because we are fairly familiar with this story. But to them, both parties (as the case in real life), are naive about their expectations. Who can blame either of them?

We might see it as a train wreck waiting to happen, but even if they were told the cynical outcome, would either not take a chance?If they didnt im sure they would forever kick themselves for not trying. If the guy decided not to give it a shot, he would likely be sitting in the UK on a bar stool slowly drinking away his money..at least if things DO go pear shaped, he tried, and he has a story to tell, and possibly a renewed contentment for a more "simple" life. As for the girl, well, who wouldnt want to take that gamble..?she really doesnt have too much to lose.

The odds are stacked against them, not just because of the bar scene situation, but also because of lack of cultural understanding (taking care of family, sin sot etc..

But Im not saying anything that hasnt been said already.

On a positive note, In some cases, i imagine it CAN work..but would take two very special people.

Sadly cant seem to find any kind of sequel, but havent hunted around much. There might be one out there, as it was created several years back.

I thought it was well done. Maybe it is a morality tale..who knows? Some of these situations work out, some dont. I just thought it was the start of a really rather common tale. Didnt seem to be moralistic or negative, just telling a story that im sure many have experienced variations of.

Agreed. It was thought provoking and probably typical of MOST of these bar girl-farang relationships. The problem is what happens to the girl over time. I can certainly see it from the man's point of view. Once a pretty girl is exposed to the bar scene for very long she is bound to change and get hard hearted. If she is very pretty then she can be seduced by the very excitement of it all. She will have more attention by more men than she could ever dream about. Probably 90% of the male, bar attendees are just punters looking for a quick shag and no commitment. A few are genuine guys looking for a long term relationship and would have no chance at any woman nearly as attractive in their home country. I've seen the extremes at both ends of the scale. I know at least 4 or 5 men who are happily married to ex-bar girls and their marriages have lasted over 8 years. However, most western men have trouble adjusting to the cultural changes in Asia.

yes, maybe so, but thats because we are fairly familiar with this story. But to them, both parties (as the case in real life), are naive about their expectations. Who can blame either of them?

We might see it as a train wreck waiting to happen, but even if they were told the cynical outcome, would either not take a chance?If they didnt im sure they would forever kick themselves for not trying. If the guy decided not to give it a shot, he would likely be sitting in the UK on a bar stool slowly drinking away his money..at least if things DO go pear shaped, he tried, and he has a story to tell, and possibly a renewed contentment for a more "simple" life. As for the girl, well, who wouldnt want to take that gamble..?she really doesnt have too much to lose.

The odds are stacked against them, not just because of the bar scene situation, but also because of lack of cultural understanding (taking care of family, sin sot etc..

But Im not saying anything that hasnt been said already.

On a positive note, In some cases, i imagine it CAN work..but would take two very special people.

Sadly cant seem to find any kind of sequel, but havent hunted around much. There might be one out there, as it was created several years back.

Again I would agree. However, Life experiences are worth having... good or bad. Who is to say what is right or wrong with any relationship? My second wife in Canada was the love of my life and I wouldn't change one minute of it despite it costing me a lot financially and emotionally after only 7 years. I had 5 good years with the woman and it was worth the heart ache later. There are many things that have happened to me that I don't want to repeat, but I'm glad I had the experience ONCE.

• Like 2