Anyone Up For Some Football On Sunday?

Troyron

Hi guys and gals,

was wondering if anyone is up for a beer and some football on Sunday? The games:

Newcastle v Liverpool, Sunday, April 1st @ 7.30pm

Tottenham v Swansea, Sunday, April 1st @ 10.00pm

Should be some great games, especially the later one.

Just moved to Bkk so would be nice to meet up with someone. Im sure there are several pubs showing the games, including The Sportsbar on Suk.

cheers

Troyron

Upon reading the heading I thought that you were calling on my wily defensive skills after a thirty year lay-off. If you are new to Bangkok there are a number of bars that show the games with English soundtrack.

1. The Crossbar - Soi 23. Never been there but have only heard good reports.

2. The Penalty Spot. Sukhumwit (almost opposite the mouth of Soi 22) rather bereft of atmosphere for a 'sports bar' - but there are 'grief counsellors' available should your team fall behind.

3. The Robin Hood - Sukhumwit Road - as quiet and as crowded as Sherwood Forest.

4. Soi 8 - Sukhumwit Soi 8. Prides itself on being a rugby bar, but still a good place to watch as long as your game does not clash with a rubgy match.

5. Gullivers - Sukhumwit Soi 5. Huge barn of a place that shows all the games. Freelance 'grief counsellors' available. Do not play pool with any lady here, unless you enjoy have your arse whupped.

6. Pickled Liver - Sukhumwit 7/1. The owner is a Wednesday fan , and it is the venue of choice of some discerning Gooners - but all are welcome.

7. Manchester United Bar. Sukhumwit Soi 11. Avoid. Say no more.

Edited by freebornjohn

Upon reading the heading I thought that you were calling on my wily defensive skills after a thirty year lay-off. If you are new to Bangkok there are a number of bars that show the games with English soundtrack.

1. The Crossbar - Soi 23. Never been there but have only heard good reports.

2. The Penalty Spot. Sukhumwit (almost opposite the mouth of Soi 22) rather bereft of atmosphere for a 'sports bar' - but there are 'grief counsellors' available should your team fall behind.

3. The Robin Hood - Sukhumwit Road - as quiet and as crowded as Sherwood Forest.

4. Soi 8 - Sukhumwit Soi 8. Prides itself on being a rugby bar, but still a good place to watch as long as your game does not clash with a rubgy match.

5. Gullivers - Sukhumwit Soi 5. Huge barn of a place that shows all the games. Freelance 'grief counsellors' available. Do not play pool with any lady here, unless you enjoy have your arse whupped.

6. Pickled Liver - Sukhumwit 7/1. The owner is a Wednesday fan , and it is the venue of choice of some discerning Gooners - but all are welcome.

7. Manchester United Bar. Sukhumwit Soi 11. Avoid. Say no more.

hehe, its never to late to do a comeback. Just see what has happened in the PL this season :) That was some great info, cheers. I'll stay away from the last two then, hehe. Should have put in TV somewhere in that heading, but to late now. You are of course more than welcome to join. :)