Any Worthwhile Cultural Attractions In Pattaya?

orientalist

Sanctuary of Truth is definitely worth a visit. Other than that, Pattaya is a very young city so not a whole lot of history here. Plenty of tourist attractions, though.

I agree with Spalpeen. If anything i would go further and say its one of the most impressive sites in Thailand, including the palaces and temples in Bangkok.

There's the golden Buddha mountain, near Silverlake. Not far away is Wat Yan. Quite impressive.

Floating Market. Dolphin World. Underwater World. But they are all just touristy stuff.

I like Nong Nooch Gardens also. Very nice.

And pretty soon we'll have 2 water parks! For better or worse...

Pattaya Hill (Khao Phra Bat)

Phra Tamnak

Million Years Stone Park & Pattaya Crocodile Farm

Mini Siam & Mini Europe

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya/pattaya_attractions_most_visited_places.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293919-Activities-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

I agree the Golden Buddha Mountain and Silver Lakes Vinyard are good and the temple near by. It is a Chinese temple and very nice to visit.

Even the Temples on top of Pratumnak hill are nice.

Please remind me guys what/where the "Sanctuary of Truth" is?

I agree the Golden Buddha Mountain and Silver Lakes Vinyard are good and the temple near by. It is a Chinese temple and very nice to visit.

Naklua Soi 12

http://www.sanctuaryoftruth.com/

Edited by Orac

The Chinese Temple at Wat Yan is I think not a temple but a very good museum filled with the most incredible Chinese carvings, furniture, some Terracotta Warriors and even a model of the great wall. Well worth a visit, last time I was there entry was just 100 baht.

post-22250-0-63942900-1333184075_thumb.j

post-22250-0-21869900-1333184107_thumb.j

The Chinese Temple at Wat Yan is I think not a temple but a very good museum filled with the most incredible Chinese carvings, furniture, some Terracotta Warriors and even a model of the great wall. Well worth a visit, last time I was there entry was just 100 baht.

Yes I must agree it is more of a museum however to look at it from the outside one would assume it is a temple. Very interesting place and each time I take someone there I just love it and see something different.

Even the park across the street is nice to walk through and if you drive past the Temple/Museum towards where the Monks live it is quite interesting as well and some nice scenery. Get out and talk to some of the monks and they will invite you in to eat and have a drink etc. too.

That whole area sure makes for a nice bike ride from Pattaya. Yes 100 baht is very cheap too.

PS: Wow I have been here for ages and never have gone to the "Sanctuary of Truth" yet but I will maybe tomorow weather providing.