Yamaha New Fuel-Injection Equipped “Ttx” For Thailand

OZEMADE

cmn_identity_003.gif

Detail

Official announcement data of Yamaha Motor.

spacer.gif

March 29, 2012 spacer.gif

Release of the new fuel-injection equipped “TTX” for Thailand

-A new style of 115cc AT commuter model targeting males in their twenties-

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announces the release of the new “TTX,” a 115cc automatic transmission (AT) commuter model equipped with the YMJET-FI*1 fuel injection system and fresh, off-road-themed styling. Yamaha Motor group company Thai Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (TYM) will begin marketing the model in April 2012.

The Thai motorcycle market has an annual demand of about two million units (Yamaha Motor survey, 2011 results). Among young male Thai customers in their 20s, a new type of motorcycle culture has taken root where they enjoy customizing their motorcycles to suit their personalities or use them as tools for self-expression. The new TTX was mainly planned and developed by group company Yamaha Motor Asian Center Co., Ltd. (YMAC) in Thailand as a customer-oriented next-generation AT commuter model. Its exterior employs sporty and original styling based on a “layered-structure” concept, special suspension, a wide rear tire (sized: 100/70-14) and more for a commuter model with a new flavor. Also, a wealth of genuine accessories and parts are available for customers to enjoy customizing the TTX.

The TTX, along with the 125cc YMJET-FI equipped “NOUVO SX” AT commuter model also being introduced in April, is on display at the 33rd Bangkok International Motor Show that started on March 27 (Public days started on March 28). Both of these products join the lineup following the YMJET-FI equipped “Mio115i” model introduced in Thailand in January 2012 as a part of Yamaha Motor's medium-term growth strategy*2 to strengthen product competitiveness, appeal and profitability in the ASEAN motorcycle market.

*1 YMJET-FI (Yamaha Mixture Jet-Fuel Injection): A fuel injection system employing an auxiliary air intake passage besides the main passage to provide an “air assist” for more efficient mixing of the air and fuel that helps improve fuel economy in the practical use range.

*2 Medium-term management plan: One of the four growth strategies in Yamaha Motor's 3-year (2010-2012) medium term management plan is strengthening product competitiveness, appeal and profitability in the ASEAN motorcycle market. This aims to be accomplished by enhancing product appeal by (1) increasing the ratio of models featuring a fuel injection system and (2) increasing profitability through reducing the cost of fuel injection systems and the benefits of larger scale production.

ttx_main.jpg

“TTX” (2012 Thai market model)

Model name:

TTX

Release date:

April 2012

Sales target:

120,000 units (annual, in Thailand)

spacer.gif

My wife quite likes it!

Raise the front mudguard an inch and call it 'offroad theme'. Hmmmmm.

Aimed at males in their twenties. No wonder there are so many gender confused guys here!

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Just look at the guys they have on the brochure and it would seem you are not too far off the mark. A fairly small market if they are aiming at thai males in their 20s that are into 80's New Wave music! happy.png

post-70604-0-85438600-1333153856_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

I noticed that last night on Mocyc.com, not sure about this one, it's kind of a Marmite bike.....

Add in the fact that Yamaha seem to have made their Nouvo less powerful than the previous generation and i think Honda might have some new customers.... :(

Based on information gleaned so far, it seems that Yamaha has shifted market intentions with the Elegance. For me, the bike is no longer worth consideration. (Of course, 125cc is a golden maximum in parts of the world due to drivers license restrictions.)

Incidentally, that new Click is indeed reported to deliver 13.8 HP. A friend who's owned one long enough to be able to run it in the mountains claims it's the best of the lot for power, and he's reporting 48/50 kms/l, depending the fuel used.

Of course, only the real animal from Yamaha, delivered here, will tell the true story.

Based on information gleaned so far, it seems that Yamaha has shifted market intentions with the Elegance. For me, the bike is no longer worth consideration. (Of course, 125cc is a golden maximum in parts of the world due to drivers license restrictions.)

Incidentally, that new Click is indeed reported to deliver 13.8 HP. A friend who's owned one long enough to be able to run it in the mountains claims it's the best of the lot for power, and he's reporting 48/50 kms/l, depending the fuel used.

Of course, only the real animal from Yamaha, delivered here, will tell the true story.

I'm going to have to try one of these new click 125's. Owning a big bike as well as a mio125 I just can't justify paying 80,000+ for the PCX. So the Honda click might grace my drive way sometime soon, as i'll be selling the Mio125 to my girlfriend's sister next week

My wife quite likes it!

Raise the front mudguard an inch and call it 'offroad theme'. Hmmmmm.

Aimed at males in their twenties. No wonder there are so many gender confused guys here!

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

032812-off-road-yamaha-ttx-adventure-scooter-9.jpg

This "TTX Adventure" looks really nice. Hopefully its not only for show and they have made some real strengthening to the frame. I guess some kids will love it.

Just look at the guys they have on the brochure and it would seem you are not too far off the mark. A fairly small market if they are aiming at thai males in their 20s that are into 80's New Wave music! happy.png

post-70604-0-85438600-1333153856_thumb.j

Err, looks more like New Romantic than New Wave. Something like Adam and the Ants. Interesting marketing strategies in LOS smile.png

Ugly.

I hate to say it, but the Click seems to be better than anything Yamaha is offering.

does the new elegance have 16" wheels and 2 suspension spings on the back ?

this was a big advantage it always had over the click with 1 spring and smaler wheels

Ugly.

I hate to say it, but the Click seems to be better than anything Yamaha is offering.

this was a big advantage it always had over the click with 1 spring and smaler wheels

yes. same as the old one

2 rear shocks

tyres: front 70/90 -16M/C 36P, rear 80/90 -16M/C 48P

Reading the blurb in the OP's first post, it says "a new type of motorcycle culture has taken root where they enjoy customizing their motorcycles". I'm guessing most of the customising would be making it look better! smile.png

Edited by taichiplanet

Ugly.

yes. same as the old one

2 rear shocks

i would probably still buy the carb model ,its got more advantages

im not crazy on a smaller engine and the other "improvments" for a higher price

if they are still for sale in chang mai .has anyone got one yet ?

i ride around bkk a ot and havent seen one yet ,compared to the new click 125 i

see that everyday

Ugly.

yes. same as the old one

2 rear shocks

i would probably still buy the carb model ,its got more advantages

im not crazy on a smaller engine and the other "improvments" for a higher price

if they are still for sale in chang mai .has anyone got one yet ?

i ride around bkk a ot and havent seen one yet ,compared to the new click 125 i

see that everyday

Both the TTX and Nouvo SX will be released this month (April)

Four years ago, I rented a Honda Click, and then an Air Blade on Ao Nang Beach in Krabi. There was no comparison between the two, and after that I would never ever have remotely considered buying a Honda Click. Much later on I rented Honda Clicks with dirt bike tires on them on Koh Samet island. There are no paved roads on Koh Samet...only dirt paths that are for the most part filled with large ruts, craters, rocks, etc. The Click did very well under such conditions but the speeds were very low. Once again I find the rear single spring off center way over to the side to be grossly inferior to the two spring setup we find on most bikes in the 125 c.c. class of scooter. So whatever the horsepower differences there are between the new Nouvo SX and the Click, the Click is simply outclassed by the Nouvo. Some of you people here really need to take a close look at how stoutly built one machine is compared to another. For example the fuel injected Yamaha Spark, which has a manual transmission is touted as one of the fastest if not the fastest bike of this size that is built in quantity. But compare one of these "hot rods" to a Nouvo Elegance side by side. The Yamaha Spark is downright flimsy in comparison. As for all these Mios, Clicks, Finos, etc. they are built for the person who places low demands upon a bike and therefore has low expectations or for the person who simply doesn't know any better.

• Like 1

its the wheels and the frame as well .i think 16" wheels are more suitable to 100kmph+ than 13 or 14"

i can ride a fino or a scoopy at 90- 100kmph and it feels wobbly and unstable ,the elegance

can go 120 and still feel rock solid

i hope they havent lost that "solidness" and stability in the new smaller elegance

its the wheels and the frame as well .i think 16" wheels are more suitable to 100kmph+ than 13 or 14"

i can ride a fino or a scoopy at 90- 100kmph and it feels wobbly and unstable ,the elegance

i hope they havent lost that "solidness" and stability in the new smaller elegance

I don't think they will lose it, Wana. I've seen pictures and videos of the new FI Nouvo and it looks the same except for some styling differences such as new tail lights that are recessed, therefore cannot be so easily popped off in minor accidents, a one headlight design instead of a twin design and a more abrupt slope of the mini fairing. But the basic design appears unchanged and the weight is the same.

You understand and appreciate the principles involved here Wana but for those who don't.....there is simply no arguing against the principles of Physics and Physics proves through its mathematical formulas the total superiority of a 16 inch diameter wheel to the smaller 14 inch wheels of the more cheaply made Mios, Finos, Clicks, etc. That is--the larger the diameter the wheel, the more stability you are going to have, all other things being equal. Just imagine hitting a moderately sized rut if you are perched on a motorcycle that has outlandishly large diameter tires..say 28 inch. Now imagine yourself on a motorcycle that has 8 inch diameter wheels. It's not going to take much of a rut to drive you off the straight line course you have been following with these itty bitty wheels, but the 28 inch wheel will hardly be affected in comparison. The same is true for side winds, again, all other things being equal. So the 16 inch diameter wheel is going to be much more stable than the 14 inch wheel, again, all other things being equal. In the case of a PCX you are going to have a lot of innate stability due to the weight of the wheel caused by its being a lot wider than say a Click's or a Mio's as well as there being a much larger sized contact patch where the rubber meets the ground. (the 16 inch Yamaha Elegance wheel will have a narrower but longer contact patch than the PCX wheel). These advantages offset the advantages attributable to the larger rotating forces of the larger diameter wheel of an Elegance that induces a lot of relative inertial that makes it difficult to drive an Elegance from going in a straight line.

The 16 inch wheels are simply A LOT better than the relatively skimpy wheels and tires of such second tier machinery as finos, clicks, mios, etc. That's one of the many reasons they cost more. Again......for me there's just two bikes worth consideration in this 125 c.c. plus or minus a few cc's market segment. The Yamaha Elegance and the Honda PCX. The rest are markedly inferior with the possible exception of the Suzuki Hayate which I view as a poor man's copycat version of the Elegance.

Edited by jackcorbett

I don't think they will lose it, Wana. I've seen pictures and videos of the new FI Nouvo and it looks the same except for some styling differences such as new tail lights that are recessed, therefore cannot be so easily popped off in minor accidents, a one headlight design instead of a twin design and a more abrupt slope of the mini fairing. But the basic design appears unchanged and the weight is the same.

You understand and appreciate the principles involved here Wana but for those who don't.....there is simply no arguing against the principles of Physics and Physics proves through its mathematical formulas the total superiority of a 16 inch diameter wheel to the smaller 14 inch wheels of the more cheaply made Mios, Finos, Clicks, etc. That is--the larger the diameter the wheel, the more stability you are going to have, all other things being equal. Just imagine hitting a moderately sized rut if you are perched on a motorcycle that has outlandishly large diameter tires..say 28 inch. Now imagine yourself on a motorcycle that has 8 inch diameter wheels. It's not going to take much of a rut to drive you off the straight line course you have been following with these itty bitty wheels, but the 28 inch wheel will hardly be affected in comparison. The same is true for side winds, again, all other things being equal. So the 16 inch diameter wheel is going to be much more stable than the 14 inch wheel, again, all other things being equal. In the case of a PCX you are going to have a lot of innate stability due to the weight of the wheel caused by its being a lot wider than say a Click's or a Mio's as well as there being a much larger sized contact patch where the rubber meets the ground. (the 16 inch Yamaha Elegance wheel will have a narrower but longer contact patch than the PCX wheel). These advantages offset the advantages attributable to the larger rotating forces of the larger diameter wheel of an Elegance that induces a lot of relative inertial that makes it difficult to drive an Elegance from going in a straight line.

The 16 inch wheels are simply A LOT better than the relatively skimpy wheels and tires of such second tier machinery as finos, clicks, mios, etc. That's one of the many reasons they cost more. Again......for me there's just two bikes worth consideration in this 125 c.c. plus or minus a few cc's market segment. The Yamaha Elegance and the Honda PCX. The rest are markedly inferior with the possible exception of the Suzuki Hayate which I view as a poor man's copycat version of the Elegance.

I was with you until you mentioned contact patch. You are quite correct in regards to the gyroscopic forces keeping the wheels more stable (not only the added weight from being larger but also the momentum from being further from the hub). However, you said "all other things being equal". So if we are to assume that both the wee tyres and the big ones are filled to the same pressure, than they will have the same contact patch. 33 psi in each tyre means that each square inch of tyre in contact with the road will have to support 33 lbs (15 kg). If bike and load is 210 kg all in, there is going to be a total of 14 in2 in contact with the road, or 7 in2 (assuming 50/50 weight balance) of each tyre will be your contact patch.

Of course than we can start talking about tyre deflection, which will naturally be less on a smaller tyre due to their inherent properties of being more resilient to the change accounted for by the increased resistance to tension offered by higher thread count per inch; increased heat resulting from a smaller diameter tyre having to make more revolutions to maintain the same speed and the resultant decrease in cooling efficiency from the smaller surface area; etc.

Finally, the mother in law has an Airblade and it's a wonderful bike for in the city/running errands to the village. But to really enjoy a scooter the wife's PCX quickly stretches its legs and leaves the venerable Airblade behind. It should for, what 2x, the cost! But value-wise the Airblade wins out in my book; the PCX wins out for fun.

Yamaha is currently a complete FAIL on all fronts... sadly.

I did think the new Filano looked quite nice, androgynous model or not... but was riding a rental and found it to be worse than the Scoopy (which I rented before and after). It has less power than the Scoopy despite being bigger - not a good combination, and nobody would call the scoopy powerful... yet the brand new Filano is even lamer... jeez... still like the looks but better not ride it.

Well OK now I am renting a Mio GTX (big name for a 125cc bike... but hey...)... and it's nice. Good power, and styling is all right.

But still looks a tad old fashioned next to the new Click 125. I guess it's cheaper too.

I am waiting for Yammie's PCX competitor... could be a long wait...

BTW the wheel size thing - I don't buy it. I am fine on little wheels. No issues whatsoever up to 100kph. In fact, many scooters - e.g. Vespas - have small wheels not to save cost (?!) but to improve agility in tight city situations. Vespa is from Italy where roads are very small and you can bet that the design - once you look past the fluff - is very efficient for that.

BTW the wheel size thing - I don't buy it. I am fine on little wheels. No issues whatsoever up to 100kph. In fact, many scooters - e.g. Vespas - have small wheels not to save cost (?!) but to improve agility in tight city situations. Vespa is from Italy where roads are very small and you can bet that the design - once you look past the fluff - is very efficient for that.

Assume that a state of the art scooter today is a Yamaha T-Max 500. There are also other large scoots around....eg...the Honda Silverwing. Would you say that a T-Max gives up much to the same size or larger traditional motorcycles in highway stability....say a 650 Kawasaki to name just one example? From at least three reviews I've read of the T-Max it's a great highway cruiser that doesn't have to take a back seat to practically anything.

I am now going to turn the clock back. In the 1950's my dad used to tell me that scooters were very unsafe and the main reason he cited was their very small wheels. (Dad used to drive Harleys) Of course back then just about the only scooter game in town was the Italian Vespa. I see that Vespa is still using very small wheels so it seems to me that the Italians haven't learned much in over 50 years.

Edited by jackcorbett

vespa have a 300cc scooter now that still has those little crappy wheels

i think they may be fine for making low speeds manuoevers but not suited to stability at speed

i would never buy any thing that goes 100kmph + that has 12 or 13 " wheels ,its just against my religion

especially on thai roads ,with manhole covers sunken about 4 inches and potholes and mounds of hardened concrete

that someone forgot to flatten before it hardened in the sun .........:)

Assume that a state of the art scooter today is a Yamaha T-Max 500. There are also other large scoots around....eg...the Honda Silverwing. Would you say that a T-Max gives up much to the same size or larger traditional motorcycles in highway stability....say a 650 Kawasaki to name just one example? From at least three reviews I've read of the T-Max it's a great highway cruiser that doesn't have to take a back seat to practically anything.

I am now going to turn the clock back. In the 1950's my dad used to tell me that scooters were very unsafe and the main reason he cited was their very small wheels. (Dad used to drive Harleys) Of course back then just about the only scooter game in town was the Italian Vespa. I see that Vespa is still using very small wheels so it seems to me that the Italians haven't learned much in over 50 years.

I think they're doing just fine. Vespas are city vehicles, they're not for touring or off-roading... :)

Out in the country where I used to live you need knobbys and large wheels when the rainy season turns some roads into mud. Off road large wheels are very important - dirt bikes will go over pretty much anything with that large front wheel.

But for city riding, small wheels are just fine. They're not "unsafe" and they're good enough for the average bad Thai road + some pot holes. Just my experience riding the thing every now and then.

Just saw a truck full of these pass me in Ladkrabang, some had off road tyres on them too! smile.png

cant imagine these things being anything more than a novelty vehicle with the abilty to ride on flat or wet grass

look a bit funky though ,and thats the kinda thing that sells in thailand

not practicailty for sure :D

Just saw a truck full of these pass me in Ladkrabang, some had off road tyres on them too! smile.png

cant imagine these things being anything more than a novelty vehicle with the abilty to ride on flat or wet grass

look a bit funky though ,and thats the kinda thing that sells in thailand

not practicailty for sure biggrin.png

If you think about it, it's a very clever route Yamaha have taken. A scooter with noobley tyres chucked on it will surely result in lots of slips and slide, plenty of scrapes and a few hard knocks for good measure...... Parts will be flying of the shelf for this model :D $$$$

this looks like a more official version of the off-road ttx that was posted earlier in this thread.

No central brace, no USD forks are the biggest changes that i thought would have remained for the adventurous user :(

post-59428-0-33016700-1333361479_thumb.j