Pattaya Mtb Race

catwho

DOWN HILL 28TH,CROSS COUNTRY 29TH,AT PATTAYA BUDDA HILL [PRATAMAK].

usual hard hilly,tech course,FROM 10yrs to over 60 age groups,course not set yet,

the down hillers are mad,coming down the stairs full pelt..cat

went over the course dismorning,AGAIN VERY HARD ,start is at the dino playground,behind the new buildings going up..,entrance at top of budda hill,course is NOT properly marked yet,but they have cleard it,if you are a novice dont try it,best time to go is after 4pm and you will bump into others going over course,TIP lower your seat or u will go arse over tit,i've done it the last 7yrs,and over 50 races,this is still the hardest,koh larn a close 2nd,and it dose'nt get any easier at 63,ANOTHER TIP if not sure if you can go down a steep drop,GET OFF.,lots of gravel and tree roots as usual.

good luck cat,

ps .if anyone wants a go a it let me know i'll take you over the course, but at 7AM,i could go at 4 pm but like the morn if no hangover.

• 2 weeks later...

went over the course dismorning,AGAIN VERY HARD ,start is at the dino playground,behind the new buildings going up..,entrance at top of budda hill,course is NOT properly marked yet,but they have cleard it,if you are a novice dont try it,best time to go is after 4pm and you will bump into others going over course,TIP lower your seat or u will go arse over tit,i've done it the last 7yrs,and over 50 races,this is still the hardest,koh larn a close 2nd,and it dose'nt get any easier at 63,ANOTHER TIP if not sure if you can go down a steep drop,GET OFF.,lots of gravel and tree roots as usual.

good luck cat,

ps .if anyone wants a go a it let me know i'll take you over the course, but at 7AM,i could go at 4 pm but like the morn if no hangover.

you have another week to get fit ,race has been put back till 6th may.

cat

• 3 weeks later...

The starting point is now opp royal cliff entrance, not at the the play ground as in other yrs,turn down the arch opp the outside gym on top of pratamak,start 9am.NO DOWMHILL

cat

post race ,and i think my last race,here.

ONLY 6 TURN UP FOR OVER 60S ,NORM 12,...2 laps of 6.1/2 ks,was hoping 1 lap,NO flat parts inrace all up and down,carry bike or push up stairs,and up hills ,,steep drops and dangerous and slippery on roots as it rained,dirt in chain kept slipping ,chain sliped off 4 times,i started of slow and got slower.thats what i get for only having a week to get ready for the hardest race in thailand.finnished last ,always been in the money,thats life..i am sore and VERY TIRED.but i will keep enjoying my m/bike as it keeps the heart going.

cat