Steps Urged To Ease Tourists' Fears After South Attacks: Thailand

webfact

I'm having second thoughts about Sonkran in BK! Such big crowds of foreigners and locals may be too hard for a terrorist to resist! The Thai police have already shown they can't stop anyone, even when tipped off. Maybe just stay home this year.

this did occur to me too will be keeping a very low profile, do not feel secure at all. i was in Hat Yai last year about this time and was assured it was safe and of course stay off the roads completely. may be time to move on

... oh, soooo sorry, chrisinth ... there exist no word equivalents in the Thai language for 'prevention' ... nor, 'planning' ... nor, 'responsibility' ... nor, 'anticipate' ... nor, 'pre-empt' ... nor, 'pro-active'.

... these are unneeded concepts in a passified society, taught through Thai Theravada Buddhism that they cannot influence their destinies, which are predestined by what they did in their last lives ... (what a remarkable stroke of luck, this pervasive socio-religious programming, if you are an entitled Thai elite determined to maintain for generations your dominion above the unwashed masses).

... many other important things missing here that relate to human values, many of which are fundamental human values and are notably missing from the lexicon of Thailand's cultural values, over which I will not rant here this morning.

That is of course true, but it is not the Thai's destinies that we are talking about. I would have big doubts if tourism was taught through Thai Theravada Buddhism, but it exists.

Tourism is a money cow for Thailand, protect it. Or was that not taught either?

You are not going to stop this. Where there is cruel injustice like perpetrated by Mr. Taksin (Takbai massacre) there will be revenge especially with Muslims who put prime importance in life and do not believe in karma. The security did their job. They never missed a car. They checked every car without fail. So it appears there was a failure in the checking process. However, it would only turn to suicide bombing if they made it too difficult. My concern is that to internationalize this further they could turn to Phuket with a Bali style bombing. It is time for an international arrest warrant for Mr. Taksin for the Tak Bai massacre. Action like this will stop an inevitable Bali style bombing.

Try to relax and give up your hate. Get a women or man you need love.

... oh, soooo sorry, chrisinth ... there exist no word equivalents in the Thai language for 'prevention' ... nor, 'planning' ... nor, 'responsibility' ... nor, 'anticipate' ... nor, 'pre-empt' ... nor, 'pro-active'.

... these are unneeded concepts in a passified society, taught through Thai Theravada Buddhism that they cannot influence their destinies, which are predestined by what they did in their last lives ... (what a remarkable stroke of luck, this pervasive socio-religious programming, if you are an entitled Thai elite determined to maintain for generations your dominion above the unwashed masses).

... many other important things missing here that relate to human values, many of which are fundamental human values and are notably missing from the lexicon of Thailand's cultural values, over which I will not rant here this morning.

That is of course true, but it is not the Thai's destinies that we are talking about. I would have big doubts if tourism was taught through Thai Theravada Buddhism, but it exists.

Tourism is a money cow for Thailand, protect it. Or was that not taught either?

You are not going to stop this. Where there is cruel injustice like perpetrated by Mr. Taksin (Takbai massacre) there will be revenge especially with Muslims who put prime importance in life and do not believe in karma. The security did their job. They never missed a car. They checked every car without fail. So it appears there was a failure in the checking process. However, it would only turn to suicide bombing if they made it too difficult. My concern is that to internationalize this further they could turn to Phuket with a Bali style bombing. It is time for an international arrest warrant for Mr. Taksin for the Tak Bai massacre. Action like this will stop an inevitable Bali style bombing.

I think you are missing my point from my original post, and that was that TAT should advise about provences that are dangerous to the tourists instead of glossing it over and waiting for a terrorist/tourist incident to happen.

As correctly pointed out by Swillowbee, this doesn't appear to be in the Thai teachings; maybe it is about time that changed?