The Price Of A Rai

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a bit like, how long is a piece of string? As said access to roads. Not too close, they might widen it. Also land title, and most important. How desperate the seller is. If desperate it will be cheaper.

It depends on what is the land suitable for.

a) rice

B) sugar cane

c) cassava

d) access to your land

e) land title

f) water, and so on

Today's prices for prime property start at about 50.000 per rai & up.

Anything cheap, there must be a reason.

• Like 1

6k to 30k per rai, depending on location, access to water, access to roads, etc.

Daft post. Loads of stuff come into the cost of land. 6 to 30 K, cheesy.gif . OOOPS, just read on the motoring forum that you said 52 psi in tyres. Sorry if it wasn't you but the names are similar and your numbers are all over the place.coffee1.gif

6k to 30k per rai, depending on location, access to water, access to roads, etc.

Daft post. Loads of stuff come into the cost of land. 6 to 30 K, cheesy.gif . OOOPS, just read on the motoring forum that you said 52 psi in tyres. Sorry if it wasn't you but the names are similar and your numbers are all over the place.coffee1.gif

Arable land 50km from a large town ......

But as you seem to be the expert, how about telling us how your farm is doing.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Arable land 50km from a large town ......

But as you seem to be the expert, how about telling us how your farm is doing.

My Hotel is OK. laugh.png You need a job, grass is a bit long. ?

Some examples near Surin

• Land for sale 40 Rai, location 9 km from Sangkha Town, price 55.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 24 Rai, location 11 km from Surin City, price 140.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 120.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 22 Rai, location 15 km from Surin City, price 72.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 30 km from Surin City, price 70.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 15 Rai, location 8 km from Surin City, price 130.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 14 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 85.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 26 Rai, location 17 km from Surin City, price 80.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 10 Rai, location 2 km from Surin City, price 800.000 THB/Rai

• Like 1

Some examples near Surin

• Land for sale 40 Rai, location 9 km from Sangkha Town, price 55.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 24 Rai, location 11 km from Surin City, price 140.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 120.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 22 Rai, location 15 km from Surin City, price 72.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 25 Rai, location 30 km from Surin City, price 70.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 15 Rai, location 8 km from Surin City, price 130.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 14 Rai, location 12 km from Surin City, price 85.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 26 Rai, location 17 km from Surin City, price 80.000 THB/Rai
  • Land for sale 10 Rai, location 2 km from Surin City, price 800.000 THB/Rai

My chum just paid 500,000 per rai a couple of miles from Ubon. BUT, OP, many factors come into play.

Ive just looked at 16 rai this morning it is in the middle of nowhere growing cane this year... He asked me 100k a rai I think its OTT and see it at half that. I want to grow more grass

I just brought 3 rai last year for 100k the lot same location, but paid a million a rai on the lake 2 years ago my mate just found out there asking 1.5 million a rai on the lake this year

But what ever the price is remember there not making any more of it ...and it will only go up in price

It's a bit like, how long is a piece of string? As said access to roads. Not too close, they might widen it. Also land title, and most important. How desperate the seller is. If desperate it will be cheaper.

Agree with Mosha above ...

Also please inform about ...

• Is it 'Chanote land'? (In non-Thai speak ... what is it's inherent title rights?)

• Does it have sealed road access?

• Dirt road access?

• Any access? Yes, some property is sold which is effectively land locked and to access it you have to travel over another's property to which you may or may not have legal right to do so.

• What was it's previous use?

• Why are the people selling?

• Have you made any enquiries into other similar land which has sold in the area?

Also note the price per Rai will vary for identicial land in an area due to the size of the parcel.

The smaller the size, the more it is affordable to purchase, hence the demand will be higher.

Sort along the lines of, if you buy it in bulk, it will be a cheaper price per item ... or Rai in this case.

Also you might get more replies in the dedicated section http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/59-real-estate-housing-house-and-land-ownership/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__30

You can ask the Mods to move your subject there.

• Like 1

<snip>

But what ever the price is remember there not making any more of it ...and it will only go up in price

Isn't that line of thinking what sparked the global financial crisis with the collapse of the USA Housing Market?

post-104736-0-81590100-1333403551_thumb.

http://articles.busi...-housing-market

Remember it's the value of the land with fluctuates with time and the building depreciates in value from the moment it's built.

Apart from speculation, the only reason for agricultural land 'goes up in price', based on fundamentals, is because the rate of return on that land, based on the crop or product that can be produced is increasing.

post-104736-0-81555200-1333403896_thumb. post-104736-0-39044000-1333403655_thumb.

http://housingdoom.c...about-to-burst/

With the chart titled Rural-Texas-land-prices the red line or 'real' figure is what they called inflation or CPI adjusted price.

I was unable to find any reliable data on the Thai Farmland.

And absolutely, I'm not saying that the price will not continue to climb ... however I definitely know that it will not "only go up in price" (forever).

The purchase of Hobby Farms is a completely different issue and the price fluctuations could be driven by an increase in foreigners, who have the fiscal capacity to buy the property through their Thai partner.

What could change the balance of the supply/demand for rural property ... definately a change to property ownership law in Thailand.

Note .. highlighting of the posters quote

Any access? Yes, some property is sold which is effectively land locked and to access it you have to travel over another's property to which you may or may not have legal right to do so.

Just to point out in Thailand you always have the right to access your land, the person blocking you in is required by Thai law to grant access, you don't have to ask. Also, others are often allowed access to your land in order to gather food, especially on uncultivated land.

For example

Villagers would not be allowed in my wifes corn field to steal corn, but they would be perfectly entitled to enter the field to gather frogs.

David 48 it does not matter what I write I say black you say white on everything ..

Where did we talk about buildings ? we were talking about farm land

How many Rai do you own ? Its ok I know the answer

In Thailand the price has never gone down in the last 20 years .. Anyone known land prices to fall ?

Ive seen it climb by up to 1000% in places and what has my statement got to do with the USA or what you are saying is because in the USA this happened it will happen here BS

stick to the facts Land prices will climb here for the next 20 years. Thailand is not a 3rd world country and is not conected to the USA

My wifes land is not in issan and I am constantly surprised by it's value. I have put it down to the fact that it is surrounded by land owned by the extended family members who are very thrifty and will not sell land. On the rare occasion a parcel is available there it fetches astronomical prices.

Edited by harrry

Any access? Yes, some property is sold which is effectively land locked and to access it you have to travel over another's property to which you may or may not have legal right to do so.

Just to point out in Thailand you always have the right to access your land, the person blocking you in is required by Thai law to grant access, you don't have to ask. Also, others are often allowed access to your land in order to gather food, especially on uncultivated land.

For example

Villagers would not be allowed in my wifes corn field to steal corn, but they would be perfectly entitled to enter the field to gather frogs.

TommoPhysicist, your experience and mine is different.

My gf's Farm is landlocked with no right of land access in any form.

Their only legal access is via a klong.

They do have vehicular access but it is at the option of the landholder who controls the land.

I did question her at length about this because, where I come from, that is illegal for the original sub-division to have originally occurred.

For example

They do have vehicular access but it is at the option of the landholder who controls the land.

I did question her at length about this because, where I come from, that is illegal for the original sub-division to have originally occurred.

http://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/thailand-civil-code-part-3.html

Section 1349. If a piece of land is so surrounded by other pieces of land that it has no access to the public ways, the owner may pass over the surrounding land to reach a public way.

The same applies, if passage can only be had over a pond, marsh, or sea, or if there is a steep slope with a considerable difference of level between the land and the public way.

The place and the manner of the passage must be chosen as to meet the needs of the person entitled to passage and at the same time to cause as little damage as possible to the surrounding land. The person entitled to passage may, if necessary, construct a road for passage.

The person entitled to passage must pay compensation for any damage suffered by the land owner on account of the passage being established. Such compensation, except for damages arising from the construction of a road, may be made by annual payments

Section 1350. Where land has been so partitioned or partially transferred that a plot is left without access to a public way, the owner of such plot may claim right of way under the forgoing section only over the land which has been so partitioned or partially transferred.

In such case no compensation need to be paid

For example

http://www.samuifors...ode-part-3.html

Section 1349. If a piece of land is so surrounded by other pieces of land that it has no access to the public ways, the owner may pass over the surrounding land to reach a public way.

The same applies, if passage can only be had over a pond, marsh, or sea, or if there is a steep slope with a considerable difference of level between the land and the public way.

The place and the manner of the passage must be chosen as to meet the needs of the person entitled to passage and at the same time to cause as little damage as possible to the surrounding land. The person entitled to passage may, if necessary, construct a road for passage.

The person entitled to passage must pay compensation for any damage suffered by the land owner on account of the passage being established. Such compensation, except for damages arising from the construction of a road, may be made by annual payments

Section 1350. Where land has been so partitioned or partially transferred that a plot is left without access to a public way, the owner of such plot may claim right of way under the forgoing section only over the land which has been so partitioned or partially transferred.

In such case no compensation need to be paid

Harry, that is very interesting indeed.

I never have a problem when someone provides facts to back a point of view.

What I do note for Section 1349 is that it doesn't state weather the definition of public access would be defined by a Public Klong. Not all access has to vehicular.

Because the gf's Farm does have access via a Public Klong, that maybe enough access in the Law's eyes so that provision of Section 1349 does not apply.

The gf arrives here in 3 days, so I will certainly be questioning her on this.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Edited by David48

Harry, that is very interesting indeed.

I never have a problem when someone provides facts to back a point of view.

What I do note for Section 1349 is that it doesn't state weather the definition of public access would be defined by a Public Klong. Not all access has to vehicular.

Because the gf's Farm does have access via a Public Klong, that maybe enough access in the Law's eyes so that provision of Section 1349 does not apply.

The gf arrives here in 3 days, so I will certainly be questioning her on this.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

"The place and the manner of the passage must be chosen as to meet the needs of the person entitled to passage and at the same time to cause as little damage as possible to the surrounding land. The person entitled to passage may, if necessary, construct a road for passage

"The person entitled to passage may, if necessary, construct a road for passage.""

David 48 it does not matter what I write I say black you say white on everything ..

Where did we talk about buildings ? we were talking about farm land

How many Rai do you own ? Its ok I know the answer

In Thailand the price has never gone down in the last 20 years .. Anyone known land prices to fall ?

Ive seen it climb by up to 1000% in places and what has my statement got to do with the USA or what you are saying is because in the USA this happened it will happen here BS

stick to the facts Land prices will climb here for the next 20 years. Thailand is not a 3rd world country and is not conected to the USA

andycrosby, why the vitriol?

I can't even remember discussing a topic with you before?

Why are you so angry?

Rather then shooting from the hip, I used the best available comparison which had statistical integrity.

The easiest was US Farm data.

I could not find any information about Thailand broadacre prices, hence the use the US data.

What you stated was that the land prices will "only go up in price" and implying that they will never drop.

I just simply disputed your assertion.

In this post you stated "Anyone known land prices to fall ?" ... well, again relying on the US data, it is clear to all who look at the graph that yes, indeed land prices can fall.

If you are stating that Thailand broadacre prices will never fall, then maybe say that.

Your next quote of "stick to the facts Land prices will climb here for the next 20 years" ... do you have a crystal ball. How can you say that it's a "fact".

As for your quote "Thailand is not a 3rd world country" by some definitions ...

The Asian tigers - South Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand, except for their big cities, their maquiladora-type production facilities, a small middle class and a much smaller ruling elite should probably be considered Third World countries as well, since their populations are overwhelmingly rural, agrarian and poor.

http://www.thirdworl...dWorld_def.html