Envy: Thai-Chinese Girlfriends

MediumPaceBowler

<snip - moderation>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<snip - baiting>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm now about to ask four very simple questions. Your mission (if you choose to accept it) is to answer them. The questions are aimed at local expats only. Non-residents need not answer.

The trick is to read between the lines. Seek and ye shall find. I won't say any more as my comments would doubtless be misinterpreted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I once met a man in BKK who collected butterflies. He lived in a beautiful teak house that was adorned from top to bottom with butterfly display cabinets. Each time he found a new "specimen", he would add it to one of his cabinets and label it in English, Thai and Latin. His handwriting (or calligraphy) was extraordinary.

Question: was this man Thai, or was he Thai-Chinese?

2. I used to have a neighbor who was a senior policeman. He was a fat man. And a friendly man. And a jolly man. Sometimes he would go out into his garden and practice his golf swing. But I never saw him put his clubs into his car and drive out to a local golf course. Sometimes his friends would come round. They would sit out in the garden and chat quietly and drink beer.

3. About ten years ago, I met a very old man near Central Lad Phrao. He spoke perfect English. He invited me to his house, and I went. His house was a mess. It was strewn with antiquated dictionaries and antiquated English language teaching materials. His eyesight was very poor, so he used a variety of magnifying glasses to read everything. He explained to me the optical properties of each magnifying glass in great detail. He was a true eccentric.

4. I once had a neighbor who had a top job at TOT in Chaeng Wattana. He was a good father. He loved his children. But his wife was a fat, chain-smoking drunk. She was a disgrace. Eventually the man got a mia noi. He would spend two or three days a week with his mia noi in order to get away from wife. And his wife would get more and more drunk, and then wake everyone up in the early hours of the morning with her drunken shouting and swearing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, these questions are for local expats only.

If you've been here long enough (a few years or more), you will know the answers. And you will also understand the point I'm trying to make.

Edited by soundman
Moderation and baiting.

So now is your chance to answer Hardened Soul's question.

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Impressed by what?

But I somehow feel that you've missed the point. Mai pen rai.

There was a point to this thread? I fail to grasp it.

Just to humor you - The answer is - a person's ethnicity has no bearing on their interests, jobs, etc. It might influence their behavior slightly, but really, even that is a stretch to argue. Anyone who judges by the group or the race, it a nitwit. Take people one at a time.

Many years ago I was sitting at the FCC late one night drinking with some mates. In the background there was a band playing a tune. All rather forgetful, except for the line from the chorus "She's so Hi-So, her dad is Chinese".

Pissed myself laughing.

• Like 1

Did any of these blokes you have mentioned have a butterfly tatooed on their arse ?

LMFAO !!!... Thats about the only response this thread deserves... My wife told me so: Is she Western, Thai, or Thai Chinese ?

The tattoo of a butterfly on her arse is a great idea, but, now she's very upset that I read Thai Visa and won't let me practice my golf swing in the garden :-(

I suspect we're dealing with a reincarnation of ludditeman.....

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 - Thai Chinese.

2 - If he also had 200k baht in used notes in his pants draw, Thai. 2m, Thai-Chinese.

3- Thai Chinese

4 - If he also had 200k baht in used notes in his pants draw, Thai. 2m, Thai-Chinese.

Yup - I think that's about right.

This guy is a serial troll.

What is your problem?

I use this forum because I'm an expat. I live in Thailand.

Why do you use this forum? You clearly don't live here, so why the need to post so obsessively?

Is that you trolling again?.........

What is your problem?

Why do you use this forum? You clearly don't live here, so why the need to post so obsessively?

Your posts and topics commonly incite argument which is fine, but a good troll would raise his game a little, some are perhaps just insulted by the lack of creativity.... give us something good, something we can play along with...

Given your recent posting history, If you had a genuine subject which is borderline 'antagonistic' or 'trollish' you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt with the regular posters who've already identified your 'posting character'.

It is also possible that your writing style and opinions draw out argument and you are innocently antagonistic - if thats the case, backing off a little would give your opinions and topics more credibility. Of course, you could simply increase your post count with useless one-liners like some posters on this forum.. It takes all to make a forum, keep trying ;-) !!

• Like 1

So now is your chance to answer Hardened Soul's question.

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Impressed by what?

But I somehow feel that you've missed the point. Mai pen rai.

Perhaps you should reread your own post.....slowly......

Are we supposed to be impressed that you have a Thai-Chinese girlfriend?

What is there to be envious about?

Have you missed the point of your own post? crazy.gif

If theblether is having a party I am gate crashing it , Glasgow style , with a carryout . I am primarily interested in getting a swatch at the books he reads .

He's dished out 3 likes on the first page of a thread - This is turning into a sausage-fest... No, I'll be avoiding his parties - feel free to carry him out..

BTW: hijacking a thread in such an obvious manner as this could be deemed as poor form....

What is your problem?

If you had ever lived in Scotland, you wouldn't have needed to ask that question.

• Like 2

If theblether is having a party I am gate crashing it , Glasgow style , with a carryout . I am primarily interested in getting a swatch at the books he reads .

He's dished out 3 likes on the first page of a thread - This is turning into a sausage-fest... No, I'll be avoiding his parties - feel free to carry him out..

BTW: hijacking a thread in such an obvious manner as this could be deemed as poor form....

Is it poor form to pint out that the guy has a history of trolling? If anyone could be bothered reading the very few posts that he has made they will find that the majority are obtuse and attacks.

I personally think it's poor form to lift the quote from the other topic and name the member that made it.

I'll not apologize for hijacking a troll thread.

ps onionluke.......your very welcome drunk.gif

Your posts and topics commonly incite argument which is fine, but a good troll would raise his game a little, some are perhaps just insulted by the lack of creativity.... give us something good, something we can play along with...

Given your recent posting history, If you had a genuine subject which is borderline 'antagonistic' or 'trollish' you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt with the regular posters who've already identified your 'posting character'.

It is also possible that your writing style and opinions draw out argument and you are innocently antagonistic - if thats the case, backing off a little would give your opinions and topics more credibility. Of course, you could simply increase your post count with useless one-liners like some posters on this forum.. It takes all to make a forum, keep trying ;-) !!

You are trying hard. And you write with a modicum of style.

But ultimately you fail because you fall prey to the very prejudices that I'm trying to expose. The prejudices are these:

1. &lt;deleted&gt;! You don't have a Thai-Chinese girlfriend. All them Thai-Chinese girls are like, well, hi-so. And if I ain't got one, then you ain't got one neither.

2. Oh yeah? Really? She's Thai-Chinese? So where did you meet her? Nana Plaza?

3. Thai-Chinese? Yeah, right! That's what she told, is it?

4. Thai-Chinese girlfriend? TROLL!!

Do you see what I mean? If I said that my girlfriend was an ex-bargirl from Pattaya, then no one would blink an eye.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose I could add that my girlfriend is part Arabic and has a Portuguese surname. I could also add that her friends all think she looks Indian.

But that would be risky. I fear it might unleash a few too many prejudices.

You are trying hard. And you write with a modicum of style.

But ultimately you fail because you fall prey to the very prejudices that I'm trying to expose. The prejudices are these:

1. &lt;deleted&gt;! You don't have a Thai-Chinese girlfriend. All them Thai-Chinese girls are like, well, hi-so. And if I ain't got one, then you ain't got one neither.

2. Oh yeah? Really? She's Thai-Chinese? So where did you meet her? Nana Plaza?

3. Thai-Chinese? Yeah, right! That's what she told, is it?

4. Thai-Chinese girlfriend? TROLL!!

Do you see what I mean? If I said that my girlfriend was an ex-bargirl from Pattaya, then no one would blink an eye.

I suppose I could add that my girlfriend is part Arabic and has a Portuguese surname. I could also add that her friends all think she looks Indian.

But that would be risky. I fear it might unleash a few too many prejudices.

She's not Clara de Souza is she ?