Ownership

Smokemachine

you can own land up to 1 rai for a home if you transfer 30M Baht over

End of story

Not the end of the story at all. It's 40m and it can't just be transferred over. It has to be invested in a very strictly defined set of assets and even then it is still subject to the discretion of the government minister to grant you the right to own land.

I believed it was just not possible at all for a foreigner to own land, and that cost for just 1 rai !! a tad too much I think. smile.png

Edited by Kwasaki

Can someone please post a basic reply here also about the whats involved in wife making a will.

(1) How much is the cost for thai wife to make a will

(2) how much is the cost for infustruct

(3) does a lawyer have to be present and what is going rate to pay lawyer

Thanks

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

(2) Usufruct is not recommended for you since you are already married, it can easily be voided by either spouse in the case of divorce.

Can someone please post a basic reply here also about the whats involved in wife making a will.

(1) How much is the cost for thai wife to make a will

(2) how much is the cost for infustruct

(3) does a lawyer have to be present and what is going rate to pay lawyer

Thanks

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

(2) Usufruct is not recommended for you since you are already married, it can easily be voided by either spouse in the case of divorce.

It all depends on his situation in my case being married it is recommended, and that said I very much hope that nothing does happen to my wife but if it did, armed with a usufruct none of her family can kick me out should they wish to sell the house for some money.

2,500,000 bht isn't much to a poor Thai relative is it, so I wouldn't think they would do such a thing.:whistling:

I do not understand the obsession with owning property/assets in this country? Why spend your live working and accumulating only to potentially lose it all in a country where you have very little legal recourse. The same logic regarding ownership does not apply here.

Do yourself a favor: buy a house/condo in you're home country, use a management company to rent it out for you (they take 15% or something) and use that money to pay rent on a house here in Thailand.

The net effect is exactly the same, however, there is absolutely no risk associated with this.

I would not put more into this country than I was willing to lose.

Spending 5 mins on Thai Visa surely should answer your question.

I do not understand the obsession with owning property/assets in this country? Why spend your live working and accumulating only to potentially lose it all in a country where you have very little legal recourse. The same logic regarding ownership does not apply here.

Do yourself a favor: buy a house/condo in you're home country, use a management company to rent it out for you (they take 15% or something) and use that money to pay rent on a house here in Thailand.

The net effect is exactly the same, however, there is absolutely no risk associated with this.

I would not put more into this country than I was willing to lose.

Spending 5 mins on Thai Visa surely should answer your question.

FX can also be a risk mate...

I would be happy if my daughter got my houses if anything happened, at least i could live in them untill she is old enough then they would be hers, i couldnt see myself living another 30 years so fair enough. :)

Edited by scorpio

I would be happy if my daughter got my houses if anything happened, at least i could live in them untill she is old enough then they would be hers, i couldnt see myself living another 30 years so fair enough. smile.png

The only thing wrong with that is that she will have a Thai BF who will be filling her pretty little head with all sorts of ideas of what they could do if they borrowed against the properties or just turfed you out...

• Like 1

I would be happy if my daughter got my houses if anything happened, at least i could live in them untill she is old enough then they would be hers, i couldnt see myself living another 30 years so fair enough. smile.png

Well if things go into divorce for you, you could still get a reasonable deal from what have seen from some break-ups.

I believe you said you have two houses so it could be agreed that you can least one for say 30 years.

Sad situation hope things go amicably well for all party's concerned.

You have invested enough in Thailand already. At the very most, 50% of your cash transferred here is enough. If you need more, that extra should be made and paid for in Thailand. Don't burn the bridge.

My wife is a Thai and I am migrating over to Thailand soon. I heard foreigner not allow to have land title,car,etc under their name. Only the Thai spouse allow. I am wondering incase (touch wood) my Thai wife has any mishap and how will those properties under my wife name be settle? Can I own them? I'm worry I am not entitle to any of it.does anyone know such situation?