Bt500,000 Bounty Set For Each Of Two Suspects In Hat Yai Bombing

webfact

Bt500,000 bounty set for each of two suspects in Hat Yai bombing

image_20120403142906771B66B3-A90F-41C6-9035799C46C8DE06.JPG

SONGKHLA, April 3 - A Bt500,000 bounty has been set for each of two suspects in last Saturday's hotel car bombing in Hat Yai, the commercial district of the southern border province of Songkhla, Governor Kritsada Boonrat said on Tuesday.

The governor announced the bounty offer as he called a meeting of concerned agencies and the province's business and tourism sectors to assess the situation after the devastation left in the aftermath of last weekend’s bomb at Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel.

The explosion claimed three lives, including two Malaysian nationals and wounded over 350 tourists and shoppers.

Mr Kritsada said the investigation has progressed as two suspects have been identified from the closed circuit television footage.

Prapas Inthanaprasat, Hat Yai director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, said that over 40 per cent of the city’s hotel bookings during April 6-8 have been cancelled by Malaysian tourists following the bomb blast.

Mr Prapas however said in asking tourism operators and hoteliers that bookings during the upcoming Thai traditional Songkran New Year remain fully booked. There has been no formal report of room cancellations despite speculation that visitors are awaiting to see the measures to restore confidence of concerned agencies before making a decision.

Meanwhile, Hat Yai Mayor Phrai Phatthano welcomed Dato' Abdul Aziz Bin Abdul Rahim from Malaysia and media from the neighbouring country before showing them the blast scene at the Lee Gardens Plaza.

Mr Rahim said Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak was concerned about the incident and ordered an ambulance to carry four injured Malaysians for medical treatment at home.

Some 20 vehicles belonging to Malaysian tourists remain in the hotel parking, the mayor said. The vehicles will be removed from the parking lot today and the electrical system will be reinstalled there to facilitate the reclamation work.

Mr Phrai said engineers from Prince of Songkla University will reinspect the building after the first inspection found that the structure to be intact.

The mayor said that at least two levels of underground parking were badly damaged and might be demolished and rebuilt. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-03

Is that 'dead or alive' or doesn't it matter? Bounty hunters in Thailand equals trouble.

Peanuts!, if they REALLY want to nail them ,at least Baht 5million should be on offer , that sort of sum would guarantee these murdering cowards quite a few sleepless nights!!. Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 2

Aside from everything else which is good, bad or indifferent about the article. What does this mean?

Mr Phrai said engineers from Prince of Songkla University will reinspect the building after the first inspection found that the structure to be intact.

The mayor said that at least two levels of underground parking were badly damaged and might be demolished and rebuilt. (MCOT online news)

So the UNDERGROUND is so structurally damaged that two levels of the underground parking may need to be demolished, but the building is sound. Hmmmmmmmmmm. So none of the load bearing structures underground are damaged huh?

Is that 'dead or alive' or doesn't it matter? Bounty hunters in Thailand equals trouble.

Peanuts!, if they REALLY want to nail them ,at least Baht 5million should be on offer , that sort of sum would guarantee these murdering cowards quite a few sleepless nights!!.

500k baht is not peanuts. (consider it can buy an exisiting business, a new car, a town house and land) It is surely enough to losen the average Somchai's tongue.

Peanuts!, if they REALLY want to nail them ,at least Baht 5million should be on offer , that sort of sum would guarantee these murdering cowards quite a few sleepless nights!!.

500k baht is not peanuts. (consider it can buy an exisiting business, a new car, a town house and land) It is surely enough to losen the average Somchai's tongue.

If the choice is 500k or a bullet in the head for snitching, I would suggest it isn't much of a deal.

If the choice is 500k or a bullet in the head for snitching, I would suggest it isn't much of a deal.

That may be true however that bullet is a constant regardless of the price. If 5 baht is a lot to someone then so is 1000 baht the bullet hurts the same. 500k is enough for a start.

Not to mention that anyone who comes foward is in many peoples book a hero.... not a snitch. The amount on offer is a life changing figure (500k) to most Thai familys (pls dont forget that these guys are working their back sides off for 300baht a day). I dont think the figure on offer has been set to snitch another who is involved in any type of syndicate or organisation. I doubt it is set to make someone turn in someone who they feel allied to by religion or cause, caste or gang. It is set to make average Somchai open his eyes, think for a moment, and make a phone call.

I certainly hope they do.

Edited by walterego
  • Like 1

Bt500,000 Bounty Set For Each Of Two Suspects In Hat Yai Bombing

I would've offered 144 virgins. rolleyes.gif

Touche.

Problem is where to find them?

I was going to say Pattaya - then I saw BigBamboo's post above. :(

I agree.

I guess that the reward money would be paid on conviction of the bombers, the witnesses would be imposed to attend court to state their evidence.

I`d rather be a poor person than a rich corpse.

Police caught a lad riding a Wave of mine that had been stolen. When I presented a bill of B2000 to restore the badly damaged bike, the police agreed no charges if it was paid. The whole family did a runner.

For B500,000 many families would happily snitch and relocate IMHO. What they would do for B7.5 million frightens me.

Seems the bounty is upto 1mn already.

Are they reading Thaivisa?

Bt1,000,000.00 Bounty on each suspect and 2 suspects are now being questioned. I read in another paper.

Edited by OZEMADE