I Am Never Going Back.....

Khutan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

I wasn't trying to be serious about all this. If that's how it come across then take it however you like.

Marshy, I don't think I was referring to any stereotypes here myself. I look at people as individuals and not as a race or nationality. My partner is English, since you asked. And the concern was mainly about the differences in culture that we may experience and the misunderstanding he or I may have about each other's cultural background, including what we would consider as 'acceptable and respectable ways of treating each other'. I would mind being called LBFM, for example. But some people may not. My partner, however, understand that I personally consider the term LBFM to be disrespectful to me and would never use the term. So, my friends' and family's concern over these sorts of things aren't necessary since in our case.

If you guys are happy to call your wife/gf/partner LBFM or whatever term there is and the women put up with it or are happy about it too, then it is your business. As I said before, I am only expressing my opinion and feeling when I read some of the post. I thought that's what discussion boards are for, actually.

So, some people think LBFM is racist and some don't. So what? I'm saying I wouldn't like to be called such names and I don't know any Thais who do not mind being called that.

And I guess I don't know women as well as others here may do (well, I'm only a woman myself, what do I know, eh? :D). But I don't think the thing ALL women have in common is to be envied by other women... I think most PEOPLE compete to be in the best position possible regardless of their sex anyway. If anything, men seem to get some real kick out of comparing who got what (cars, houses, girls and.... a part of their anatomy seems to be a BIG deal too)! hehehe :o

It's been fun talking to you all. :D

D80 said;

And I guess I don't know women as well as others here may do (well, I'm only a woman myself, what do I know, eh? ). But I don't think the thing ALL women have in common is to be envied by other women...

Well, D80, I'll go out on a limb here and say that I do know women as well as others (and perhaps a little better) since I am one too. And I agree with you. I think the one thing women have in common around the world is that men will never understand us. They think they do, but of course, until you can be a woman, live life as one, you can't really understand one. And guys, just cause your wife or gf tells you one thing doesn't mean she isn't telling her friends something entirely different! And yes, we do talk about you! Not as much as you think but enough :o

Are you talking about a human being or animal ? sound like what I have heard in a dog training school.

Where did all these politically correct newbies come from? Go back and lick the heels of your white mistresses. The real men here need to speak.

You are certainly a loquatious individual kind sir! You are also an asshat for not reading through the whole thread. Everyone who is responding negatively to the last few pages of comments is either A:married to a Thai or B: A Thai woman.

How bout you go back to licking your bar girls heels that another 330lb farang just got through licking? :o

drbones66 said:

Where did all these politically correct newbies come from? Go back and lick the heels of your white mistresses. The real men here need to speak.

:o funniest thing I have heard all day! I love dry humor. Of course, what would be sad was if you really meant what you said, but then of course, nobody could be that much of a neanderthal! :D

Ignoring all the 'padding' in this thread, and getting bacvk to the main subject...

I was married to an English/Irish woman and had 2 kids. That was from age 18 to age 21. Married a Thai girl (after 2 years of chaperoned (spelling?) dating). That was 5 and half years ago (age me=28, her=21) - has another couple of kids.

Obviously I can only quote what I think is differences are, and this may be a little overly subjective, but the question was asked so...

Housework:

Western - Lazy attitude ~ washing always piled up, unironed, house messy, kitchen dirty. I spent my off days cleaning (I worked shift in those days).

Thai - House gleams, always tidy. Puts things away when I'm still using them! (eg I get bread out for sandwich, go to fridge for jam, come back and she's put the bread away).

Children:

Western - Still lazy. Used to put my son in a 'bouncy-chair' in front of the TV allday. Food was always out of a tin. Bad nappy rash due to little changed nappies.

Thai - Kids are always clean and well turned out. She spends most of HER money on clothes and things for them. Spends a lot of time with them (and not just in the same house). Expects kids to jump at command, so does not get along with my 15 y/o son who lives with us - typical 15 y/o! Not ahppy with his mess or that he is not totally independant as a Thai 15 y/o would be.

Cooking:

Western - I cooked mostly for myself. If it wasn't microwaveable straight from a packet or tin, then no dice.

Thai - Do I need to say? Excellent food. Fussy household, everyone eats different food (I only eat veg 'n' seafood/fish, kids are fussy as 4-hashes) - she cooks individual meals. She will not cook for 15 y/o as she does not like his table manners - I cook his.

Care:

Western - huh!

Thai - puts toothpaste on my toothbrush each morning! Looks after me and the family (15 y/o on occasion!) very well.

Money:

Western - left me a lot of debt. Gave her the house rent, she spent it - found out after 12 month when court summons came!!! Spent throught the nose.

Thai - likes her jewellery (especially diamonds and gold). Loves her handbags, shoes and clothes. Although asks me before buying anything even when I gave her her own gold card. Keeps going on about getting a job so she can help with the bills. I would not let her work in a restaurant or cleaning - she used to be a teacher - and she did not want to work days because of the kids. She is now starting her own catering company with some of her Thai girl friends.

Going Out:

Western - couldn't care less, as long as I make arrangements for the kids if she wanted to go out (otherwise I'm sure they'd be home-alone!)

Thai - Get very jelous very easily - I have never been a butterfly. She get jelous of Thai/Chinese girls more than western ones - if I so much as look in their general direction I will have sulks. She is obsessed that I am looking at every girl with bigger breasts no matter how often I tell her she is perfect (she says, in Thai, I have a sweet mouth and a sour bum!)

General:

Western - abused my trust (has affairs), was lazy, unconcerned with family and treated me like an ATM (sounds familiar, where have I heard that before?)

Thai - Oozes love and affection for me. Family oriented. Would kill/die for the family and me. Is a little insecure and hard to give compliments to (she doesn't believe them).

------------------------------------------

My first wife was a bad lot all round. I do not conciously use her as a template for western women - my mother and sister are not remotely akin. I think it was her upbringing (broken family). However, subconciously, I have certainly been tainted. My ex was blonde, prettyish, volumptuous (with a large breast size) etc. This carries back through all my girlfriends up to that point. Since then, I have had three oriental relationships - one Aussie-Phillipino and two Thais (wife included) - complete opposite. Western women just don't do it for me anymore - not western women's thought, just human predelection.

I never want another women period, I love my wife.

PS: Racism is an often banded word which can be hard to justify. However, offensive is not. If it is offensive, don't use it. Not PC craziness, just decorum.

drbones66 said:

:o funniest thing I have heard all day! I love dry humor. Of course, what would be sad was if you really meant what you said, but then of course, nobody could be that much of a neanderthal! :D

LOL!

Sure there can be and are!

You'd be amazed at some of the communications we get ( my wife has a Vietnamese penpal,dating,matchmaking site, and I get all the initial communications first)

We're the most real service in all of Vietnam and as such, I personally forbid the jerks from even placing orders. Now that is a funny one when these guys are even rejected by a dating service! :D

Obviously here's one of them with a different screen name LOL!

Rgrds

Mr Vietnam :D

Wolf5370;

I could not agree with you more.

The best one for me was my ex told me whe wanted a new 4-wheel-drive or SUV. It was about $65000 AUD. I told her no, apart from some of her over-indulged friends owning one, I could not agree with it. I was away in Japan one week and hey presto there is a new 4WD in the garage, and most of my stuff is cleared out. I was less than impressed and told her so, she sulked and sulked. I was even mess impressed when I discovered she had signed me up for a loan to buy the thing without m knowledge. How did she do this ??? Whe used a very old power of attourney.

The funny thing is she wanted her car in the divorce settlement.....

My current wife has complete access to all of my money, and we make prudent money decisions. I have been in Australia for a week (only two more to go) and she has the bank accounts, the company stuff, and so far she has spent 5000 baht in a week, why well she needed some food and also wanted to get me some new shirts.....

You tell me the difference.

As far as I am concerned its a culture thing, Particularly Australian women are brought up from birth with all these expectations that every man owes them something. You can see them in Cafe's and bars and other gathering places, generally they are overweight with an equal attitude, and yes when you listen to the drivel coming from their mouth; Sorry SBK, I agree with alot of what you gave said in this thread.... but this emphasises my point...

And yes, we do talk about you! Not as much as you think but enough
and in Sydney it seems to be how much they are stinging hubby/partner to get some new trinket, or the usual "Man" jokes, or commenting on how pathetic so and so is.

I know my Thai wife will not talk badly of me. I also know a good number of genuine Thai women who also would never talk badly of their partners - after all it reflects on them.

Oh yes;

LBFM, ok, that one is funny when you have spent some time in the Armes Services and you are sitting in a bar etc etc.

You are dead right though LBFM is a term for Philippino's. I find it funny my ex calls my mife an LBFM, just shows how ignorant she is.

BUT the other term which we used was "LYCR" anyone remember it - it was generally aimed at the Chinese or people of Chinese extraction, and it was "Little Yellow Cash Register"

drbones66 said:

Wanna bet? :D

Boon Mee

:D Girls, when you said you talk about guys, you really do talk about guys in such detail, it makes me squeemish. :D

Also when you say that us men do not understand women, NO ARGUMENT THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Be happy that we don't understand you girls. If we did, you would not be getting your trinkets as you wish or some other goodies, or be winning your ARGUMENTS as usual. :D

So when you girls say you know about men, hehehehehe, us guys let you know about us just to pacify and keep you happy. :o

Daveyoti :D

EVERYBODY these days know or should know that men and women are VERY different in the way they think or convey their feelings to their partners. There has been many books written on the subject and I will not elaborate on them.

The point is the difference in between men and women is far more important than the difference in between same gender in different cultures.

I visited most of the countries in this world and have friends in most of them. What I can say is when I am out, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, with men, after some time, we think more or less the same,...

And the same is true for women.

Of course, the culture and education make a difference but not as much as the difference of gender.

I could elaborate on the difference between Thai women and the women in the rest of the world but as D80 was writing, overall, I do not think they are very different,...

An Aussie finds an old oil lamp on the beach after a busy day surfing. Thinking it might be worth something, he gives it a rub. Low and behold a genie appear.

"Master", it says, " I grant you one wish.".

The Aussie thinks for a few moments and says, "How about a highway from Oz to New Zealand".

The Genie sniggers and says that, what with tides, el-nino, dift, winds etc it would be impossible - he should try again.

The guy thinks some more and say, "OK, what I have really allways wanted is to be able to understand women."

The Genie replies, "So, how many lanes you want on this bridge."

Just thought it was apt given the flow above. :o

Re the BlueCat post above....

For those of us who are in the "alternative lifestyle" bracket...

There's a difference between Thai guys and Farang guys too.

I have a bf in both countries.. and MY MY, the difference.

And yes.. there are similarities with some of the Bar-girls too. Some boys have several overseas Farang bf who all send money, and they proclaim undying love to all of them.

BUT.. the guys can be EXTREMELY romantic, affectionate and doting.. (oh, and lets not even MENTION jealous!) unlike the guys back in Los A....

I was with my Thai bf.. and wanted to have lunch (yes, lunch!) with another boy..

You'd have thought I wanted to MARRY him... by the reaction I got.

(See.. same problems - different lifestyle!)

Chris

Oh me oh my!

Mr Vietnam  :D

Gays are now entitled to full marriage benefits in the state of Massachusets so y'all better get used to getting shocked... :o

We live in Florida. We don't care about massachussets.

Plus it wil go to the supreme court as a Constitutional issue. Watch.

Frankly, I couldn't care less. It's an individual thing. But if I have to pay for it, then it's not individual anymore.

I'd personally like to see those yankee's try something with FLA again.

The Dixie battle flag sho would be an improvement flying over the Capital. Probably would take at least a weekend to accomplish.

Mr Vietnam :D

Mattnich, just joking around so don't take it seriously. I sympathize with the person who made this discovery. :o

Daveyoti.

PS The way it was described here isn't there another name for it besides Tranny or Katoey or she-he or he-she or ladyboy or whatever name they are labeled in Thailand???? Curious. Someone once told me about a year or so ago and I plum forgot.

PS The way it was described here isn't there another name for it besides Tranny or Katoey or she-he or he-she or ladyboy or whatever name they are labeled in Thailand???? Curious. Someone once told me about a year or so ago and I plum forgot.

LOL!

And LOL to whoever "happy gilmour" is hahahahaha! Is that for real?

Mr Vietnam :o

• 9 months later...