Why Did You Come To Live Here?

thenervoussurgeon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Kananga,

Trying to goad me into anger or attacking me instead of the subject is called flaming. I have no idea what you are on about.

You made a post a long time ago that when you thought of Canada, Oregon or Colorado you felt cold. We were discussing paradise. That would be a fair statement if I mentioned Colorado alone as it is cold 8 out of 12 months. But Parts of Canada and Oregon are quite temperate all year long due to the Japanese current. For some reason this upset you.

I would imagine you have never visited the West coast of Canada or Oregon and as such are ignorant of the climates in both of those locations. Sorry for your lack of travel but your ignorance is hardly my fault. If you wish to engage me further drop the flaming semantics.

LOL. I believe it was you that engaged me initially by telling me something I apparently already knew? I just found it strange that you would tell me something that you thought I already knew. But lets not let that get in the way of the truth. Anyway, to put your latest round of flaming semantics towards me to bed (accusing me of lack of travel, ignorance etc) I have been to Vancouver several times, and also Portland. Both were very cold and rainy. Did you know the coldest recorded temperature in the state of Oregon is -45c?

If you now think that my mentioning that these places you mentioned as bveing cold was an attempt to goad or anger you into an argument then you need to stop being oversensitive. And if you honestly thought i was flaming you then surely the correct response would have been to ignore me. But you didn't. You took a reasonable comment the wrong way and got defensive. This is called being oversensitive.

So lets get a few things straight in case you feel the need to go running to the moderators.

I mentioned that thinking about places like Canada and Colorado make me feel cold. They are all temperate climes with grate swathes of Canada actually being inside the arctic circle and Colorado is known for its skiing. It is not beyond the comprehension of a 10 year old to associate these places with cold weather. Especially when you live in Thailand. There was no flaming involved, they are cold places, especially compared to Thailand and far far removed from my interpretation of paradise.

You did not upset me and there is nothing in any of my replies to suggest this. I wondered why you would tell me something you thought I already knew, I personally believe you meant to ask me a question but didn't want to admit that you used the wrong punctuation. Again this is merely my opinion which I believe I am entitled to. Please feel free to correct me if I was wrong with this assumption.

Your accusations towards me of not being well travelled and ignorant are the very examples of flaming semantics you have tried to accuse me of.

So in summary. You engaged me because I associate those cold places with cold weather. Tried to ask me a smart arse question but failed to get your punctuation right and dug yourself in a whole and resorted to calling me ignorant among other things. Oh the irony.

I hope that now you can see exactly what happened you will now put this to bed. I still associate Canada with being cold, you have not changed anything. I doubt you would have convinced anyone else either.

I dont mind conversing with you but it would be helpful if you would admit it when you use the wrong punctuation and didnt try and accuse me of flaming you when I have done nothing of the sort. Also I do not deserve to be told I am ignorant due to lack of travel. There is no basis for these insults.

So please in future dont insult me, dont try and be antagonistic over whether places such as Canada are cold or not. Its cold. Canada is cold. You know this as well as anyone. If you are still going to argue about it then please dont try and turn it round to make out I am flaming you. People here for the most part are not stupid, its pretty easy to see what you have attempted here.

If you dont want me to communicate or comment on any of your posts then thats absolutely fine with me, just say so. But if you are going to be a big boy about it then please stop being oversensitive and accept other people have a differing opinion which they are entitled to just as much as you are with yours, and also try to see comments in the spirit they were intended and not automatically as 'flaming semantics' as you call them.

Bye for now...

Temps Portland OR and Victoria BC (Portland first) by month, 32 degrees is freezing. It does not snow at 32 or if it does it melts at 32 degrees. OK here we go: Jan. Portland 45°Victoria 42. Feb. 51°46 Mar 56° 50, April 60° 56, May 67°61, June 74°65, July 78° 68, Aug. 80° 57, Sept 74°65 Oct. 64° 57 Nov. 52° 45 Dec. 45° 45.

Now tell me Thai Visa ers. Are those temps pretty close to paradise? You don't need AC and rarely need heat. Snow capped mountain ranges are visible from both cities both winter and summer. Both cities are green all year long. Fishing, and hunting abound as do water sports and entertainment I have lived in both cities and to be honest have never been cold in either one nor have I been hot. The climate is very close to my perfect. Hawaii may be a bit better for temps but it is very expensive and an island and I don't like small islands.

Sounds great. However when people talk of Canada, Colorado and Oregon I think of cold and wet. There's not point trying to convince me otherwise. Canada is a cold country. You may have found a slightly less cold part of a large cold country but you have not convinced me that Canada is the Greece of the West quite yet. And Portland has an average HIGH temp of 17c and an average low of 7c. Thats cold cold cold.

Vancouver's average HIGH is even less, its just 14 degrees above freezing! Denver's average January temperature is a whopping -2. And you've even cherry picked the warmest parts as your examples! These are cold places. If you were offended because I have called your opinion of paradise as cold I sincerely apologise, however when the average Jan temp is -2 you have to give me a little leeway.

Edited by Kananga

I came here to get away from people like kerryk giggle.gif

Flaming is attacking the messenger instead of the message. In case you didn't know. If you meant getting away from people who tell the truth. Well you have done that I guess.

Dear Kananga,

Trying to goad me into anger or attacking me instead of the subject is called flaming.  I have no idea what you are on about.  

You made a post a long time ago that when you thought of Canada, Oregon or Colorado you felt cold.  We were discussing paradise.  That would be a fair statement if I mentioned Colorado alone as it is cold 8 out of 12 months. But Parts of Canada and Oregon are quite temperate all year long due to the Japanese current. For some reason this upset you.

I would imagine you have never visited the West coast of Canada or Oregon and as such are ignorant of the climates in both of those locations. Sorry for your lack of travel but your ignorance is hardly my fault. If you wish to engage me further drop the flaming semantics.

LOL. I believe it was you that engaged me initially by telling me something I apparently already knew? I just found it strange that you would tell me something that you thought I already knew. But lets not let that get in the way of the truth. Anyway, to put your latest round of flaming semantics towards me to bed (accusing me of lack of travel, ignorance etc) I have been to Vancouver several times, and also Portland. Both were very cold and rainy. Did you know the coldest recorded temperature in the state of Oregon is -45c?

If you now think that my mentioning that these places you mentioned as bveing cold was an attempt to goad or anger you into an argument then you need to stop being oversensitive. And if you honestly thought i was flaming you then surely the correct response would have been to ignore me. But you didn't. You took a reasonable comment the wrong way and got defensive. This is called being oversensitive.

So lets get a few things straight in case you feel the need to go running to the moderators.

I mentioned that thinking about places like Canada and Colorado make me feel cold. They are all temperate climes with grate swathes of Canada actually being inside the arctic circle and Colorado is known for its skiing. It is not beyond the comprehension of a 10 year old to associate these places with cold weather. Especially when you live in Thailand. There was no flaming involved, they are cold places, especially compared to Thailand and far far removed from my interpretation of paradise.

You did not upset me and there is nothing in any of my replies to suggest this. I wondered why you would tell me something you thought I already knew, I personally believe you meant to ask me a question but didn't want to admit that you used the wrong punctuation. Again this is merely my opinion which I believe I am entitled to. Please feel free to correct me if I was wrong with this assumption.

Your accusations towards me of not being well travelled and ignorant are the very examples of flaming semantics you have tried to accuse me of.

So in summary. You engaged me because I associate those cold places with cold weather. Tried to ask me a smart arse question but failed to get your punctuation right and dug yourself in a whole and resorted to calling me ignorant among other things. Oh the irony.

I hope that now you can see exactly what happened you will now put this to bed. I still associate Canada with being cold, you have not changed anything. I doubt you would have convinced anyone else either.

I dont mind conversing with you but it would be helpful if you would admit it when you use the wrong punctuation and didnt try and accuse me of flaming you when I have done nothing of the sort. Also I do not deserve to be told I am ignorant due to lack of travel. There is no basis for these insults.

So please in future dont insult me, dont try and be antagonistic over whether places such as Canada are cold or not. Its cold. Canada is cold. You know this as well as anyone. If you are still going to argue about it then please dont try and turn it round to make out I am flaming you. People here for the most part are not stupid, its pretty easy to see what you have attempted here.

If you dont want me to communicate or comment on any of your posts then thats absolutely fine with me, just say so. But if you are going to be a big boy about it then please stop being oversensitive and accept other people have a differing opinion which they are entitled to just as much as you are with yours, and also try to see comments in the spirit they were intended and not automatically as 'flaming semantics' as you call them.

Bye for now...

Temps Portland OR and Victoria BC (Portland first) by month, 32 degrees is freezing. It does not snow at 32 or if it does it melts at 32 degrees. OK here we go: Jan. Portland 45°Victoria 42. Feb. 51°46 Mar 56° 50, April 60° 56, May 67°61, June 74°65, July 78° 68, Aug. 80° 57, Sept 74°65 Oct. 64° 57 Nov. 52° 45 Dec. 45° 45.

Now tell me Thai Visa ers. Are those temps pretty close to paradise? You don't need AC and rarely need heat. Snow capped mountain ranges are visible from both cities both winter and summer.  Both cities are green all year long.  Fishing, and hunting abound as do water sports and entertainment I have lived in both cities and to be honest have never been cold in either one nor have I been hot.  The climate is very close to my perfect.  Hawaii may be a bit better for temps but it is very expensive and an island and I don't like small islands.  

Sounds great. However when people talk of Canada, Colorado and Oregon I think of cold and wet. There's not point trying to convince me otherwise. Canada is a cold country. You may have found a slightly less cold part of a large cold country but you have not convinced me that Canada is the Greece of the West quite yet. And Portland has an average HIGH temp of 17c and an average low of 7c. Thats cold cold cold.

Vancouver's average HIGH is even less, its just 14 degrees above freezing! Denver's average January temperature is a whopping -2. And you've even cherry picked the warmest parts as your examples! These are cold places. If you were offended because I have called your opinion of paradise as cold I sincerely apologise, however when the average Jan temp is -2 you have to give me a little leeway.

Number one, I said Colorado is cold. I agreed with you. It is cold. I used to live in Breckenridge and metal gets so cold it breaks like glass. I know Colorado is cold. I got frostbite there. Two, I wouldn't try and convince you of anything because you have a closed mind. I have lived in Oregon, Washington, California and British Colombia. Northern California has the best climate but the people are wacky so I didn't even mention it. But if you are just looking for a temperate climate California has everything including 500,000 Thai women. It also has almost as many nuts as the UK.Portland and Victoria on the other hand have a great temperate climate, beautiful clean air and women and wonderful food. Very close to paradise.

So back on topic them...Why did you come to live here ?

For "Kerryk's" benefit "here" refers to Thailand, not Colorado, Breckenridge,Oregon, Washington, California or British Colombia...but Thailand

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Number one, I said Colorado is cold. I agreed with you. It is cold. I used to live in Breckenridge and metal gets so cold it breaks like glass. I know Colorado is cold. I got frostbite there. Two, I wouldn't try and convince you of anything because you have a closed mind. I have lived in Oregon, Washington, California and British Colombia. Northern California has the best climate but the people are wacky so I didn't even mention it. But if you are just looking for a temperate climate California has everything including 500,000 Thai women. It also has almost as many nuts as the UK.Portland and Victoria on the other hand have a great temperate climate, beautiful clean air and women and wonderful food. Very close to paradise.

So I have a closed mind because I said I felt cold when people mention Canada? And contrary to your latest insult about me having a closed mind, you did try to convince me that Canada isn't cold. Its in all these off topic replies form you above. Even your small cherry picked part of Canada still has very low temperatures for part of the year.

Now to get back on topic, I moved here because its warmer than temperate climates (see examples from kerryk above), my money goes further, the tax is lower and my wife wanted to come home.

Edited by Kananga

So I have a closed mind because I said I felt cold when people mention Canada? And contrary to your latest insult about me having a closed mind, you did try to convince me that Canada isn't cold. Its in all these off topic replies form you above. Even your small cherry picked part of Canada still has very low temperatures for part of the year.

Now to get back on topic, I moved here because its warmer than temperate climates (see examples from kerryk above), my money goes further, the tax is lower and my wife wanted to come home.

May I humbly suggest handbags a dawn, you pair of girls blouses...

May I humbly suggest handbags a dawn, you pair of girls blouses...

We're back on topic now, so sadly you may not. Sorry...

For "Kerryk's" benefit "here" refers to Thailand, not Colorado, Breckenridge,Oregon, Washington, California or British Colombia...but Thailand

Me? I really like parts of the US and Canada but I had GF and ex wife problems in Colorado, Florida, Wa, OR, and Canada. I know it sounds like I am a bluebeard but I'm not the ex has 4 homes. She divorced and re married very well. She is a good looking woman and smart and talented. She doesn't bother me here. I keep a face book page with 20 or 30 Thai women on it. Daily stuff and videos of birthday parties and catered events at the Hilton you know the kind of stuff. Thai ladies take a lot of photos. The US GF I miss. She was my first mid life crisis. She moved in with another older richer guy when I left.

Me? I really like parts of the US and Canada but I had GF and ex wife problems in Colorado, Florida, Wa, OR, and Canada. I know it sounds like I am a bluebeard but I'm not the ex has 4 homes. She divorced and re married very well. She is a good looking woman and smart and talented. She doesn't bother me here. I keep a face book page with 20 or 30 Thai women on it. Daily stuff and videos of birthday parties and catered events at the Hilton you know the kind of stuff. Thai ladies take a lot of photos. The US GF I miss. She was my first mid life crisis. She moved in with another older richer guy when I left.

Kerryk...are you drunk old chap ? you are rambling

I think he misread your post. Kerry, soutpeel was stating that we are talking about Thailand, the topic is about moving 'here' with 'here' being Thailand and 'here' not being the homes of your ex wives.

And walkin not only down the memory lane but deeper down the bottle it seems. Ah Thailand...

• 1 month later...

I thought my line "Thai women make farang women look like men" would get a reaction!

These days, if you highlight a genetic quality in a race you immediately get branded a Nazi and a racist. But the simple fact is that different races DO possess different qualities. Of course, everybody is an individual - and no-one is "better" than any other, based on race or anything else.

It is simply a fact that ON AVERAGE, Korean kids outperform their American counterparts, West Africans can run the pants off European Men - and Thai women are more beautiful than Western women.

I am reminded of the story of how in Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the British are the police, the Germans are the mechanics and the Swiss make sure everything runs on time - whereas in Hell, The British are the chefs, the Swiss are the lovers, the Germans are the police, the French are the mechanics and the Italians try to make everything run on time.

Oh, and for the benefit of one respondant to my piece - in the UK, my last girlfriend was 19 and by British standards, GORGEOUS! smile.png