Open Usa Dollar Account

Hi,

Do you know where and which bank in BKK or Pattaya I can open USA dollars account, which have low fees, and the bank allow me to take out the USA dollar in cash, without changing to Thai Bath?

And do you know how much they charge when you take out USA dollar in cash?

And in the same time I want open Thai Bath account too.

So what is the best way to do? As I am moving to Thailand. From outside of Thailand I can transfer USA dollar to Thailand bank account. So the reason I want to open USA dollar account.

Please can you mention which bank and where about, address appreciate, I need the bank which staff can speak English.

Thanks

I know that at least Bangkok, Siam Commercial and Kasikorn banks have foreign currency accounts. Check their websites for fees and conditions.

I have opted for Bangkok Bank, at the Head Office in Silom. The staff speak good English and are very helpful. In Pattaya, I found Bangkok Bank on Second Road very helpful. The manager's name is Khun Pravit, and he is easy to get on with.

Here's the Bankgok Bank foreign currency accout deposit and withdrawal fee schedule. Link

Unless needing to move a lot of foreign currency around not really sure why a person would need a foreign currency account. When living and buying stuff in Thailand you'll be paying in baht; not USD. When your Thai bank account gets low on money, just transfer some dollars from your U.S. bank as the dollars are converted to baht when arriving the Thai bank. Don't let your home country sending bank convert before sending as you'll get about 2-4% lower exchange rate/fewer baht (that 2-4% goes in your sending bank's profit/fee pocket). On those occassions where you may need to USD notes in hand for something, just go to a Thai bank and buy some.