Ex-Thai PM Thaksin To Address Rally In Cambodia

webfact

I urge everyone to ask Thai people how much they know about Hun Sen and his rise to power in Cambodia. If the Thais are Red Shirt supporters, tell them what you know about Hun Sen, and ask them whether they think it's OK that Thaksin is such a close friend of him.

Here is one excellent article about Hun Sen: To live and die with Hun Sen By Paul Vrieze

I have the feeling Thaksin would be playing Hun Sen's role in Thailand by now if he wouldn't had been prevented from usurping the PM office by the coup.

The writing is on the wall about his tendencies and objectives. Some people simply refuse to see it.

How the Manager newspaper last week saw the relationship between these two despots:

manager120316.jpg

Seems like the Redshirts will be queuing up to do the same for Thaksin over the next few days in Siem Reap. Lucky people.....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the Manager newspaper last week saw the relationship between these two despots:

manager120316.jpg

From 2bangkok.com:

Hun Sen says: I don’t understand why they don’t go to Angkor Wat or Angkor Thom, but come to pay their respects to this thing of mine whenever they come instead. Spray a lot so when they come, it will smell good. [a photo of Hun Sen embracing Thaksin is on the table]

The caption reads: Hun Sen is preparing to welcome Pheu Thai MPs.

[This refers to the influx of Puea Thai MPs who flock to have meetings with Thaksin when he travels in the region. Here the cartoonist is ridiculing the MPs by saying they are belittling themselves by flocking to conduct government activities in a foreign country.]

Abhisit, due to his unfortunate choice of bed mates, the PAD, and even more unfortunate choice of Foreign Minister, refused to cosy up with Hun Sen thus achieving a "double whammy" of playing to the nationalistic vote and attacking his nemesis, Thaksin, at the same time. He even went to the extreme of provoking an incident by sending his secretary over the Cambodian border along with the Pad extermist Veera. Claims of innocence by Abhisit were disproved by video and aural proof. This event, along with playing dangerous games on the nervous border with flag poles and the ongoing stormy rhetoric over the (Hindu) Preah Vihear temple didn't help the situation with exchanges of gunfire across the border resulting in several unnecessary deaths. Thailands International standing was not enhanced by the use of cluster bomb artillery shells.

Historical revision x 5

Do tell me where my facts are wrong, Buchholz, always eager to learn. By the way you forgot to tell people you altered my post (again). Rule 30.

Where is the proof that Abhisit sent someone across the border? All there was, was video of someone talking to one of Abhisit's aides and saying where they were.

So what are your thoughts on Abhisit cosying up to the Burmese Junta; one result of which is the happy coincidence of being able to dump some of Thailands enviromental problems on the even more defenceless Burmese people? Is that the act of an person of principle?

Cosying up?

A single meeting. No golf. No "best buddies".

Considering the long time lingering animosity twixt Thailand and Cambodia one can hardly regard Thaksin and indeed his supporters as true Thai patriots.

It is, or was a coldly calculated offer made by a conniving Hun Sen to Thaksin so as to bolster the ego's of both parties and in their minds hopefully to stir up yet more civil unrest in Thailand.

Thaksin is ruthless one is led to wonder if the grand plan is a parcel of land called ''Thabodia'' ruled by two rather unpleasant creatures and subsequently bled dry in their activities in enriching their families and their cronies, nepotism would rule on both sides of the border.

Watch your friends, but keep a closer watch on what your enemies are doing. Your friends could betray you, but you never know what you can expect with your enemies. Enemies are more lethal, because they are always scheming against you. Friends can still attack you, but they don't necessarily make you nervous or afraid.

Edited by siampolee

Abhisit, due to his unfortunate choice of bed mates, the PAD, and even more unfortunate choice of Foreign Minister, refused to cosy up with Hun Sen thus achieving a "double whammy" of playing to the nationalistic vote and attacking his nemesis, Thaksin, at the same time. He even went to the extreme of provoking an incident by sending his secretary over the Cambodian border along with the Pad extermist Veera. Claims of innocence by Abhisit were disproved by video and aural proof. This event, along with playing dangerous games on the nervous border with flag poles and the ongoing stormy rhetoric over the (Hindu) Preah Vihear temple didn't help the situation with exchanges of gunfire across the border resulting in several unnecessary deaths. Thailands International standing was not enhanced by the use of cluster bomb artillery shells.

Historical revision x 5

Do tell me where my facts are wrong, Buchholz, always eager to learn. By the way you forgot to tell people you altered my post (again). Rule 30.

Where is the proof that Abhisit sent someone across the border? All there was, was video of someone talking to one of Abhisit's aides and saying where they were.

Because the video was released by the Cambodians after Abhisit's aidehad been arrested on the Cambodian side of the border.

Abhisit, as usual, had lied so proof positive had to be produced.

Simple really. You're still not up to speed.

Because the video was released by the Cambodians after Abhisit's aidehad been arrested on the Cambodian side of the border.

The video that was released did not have anything on it about Abhisit sending them there. All it had was someone in the group apparently talking to an Abhisit aide, telling the aide where they were.

The video wasn't very good for the group, as they (or their spokespeople) had said that they didn't know they were in Cambodia.

• Like 1

The video that was released did not have anything on it about Abhisit sending them there. All it had was someone in the group apparently talking to an Abhisit aide, telling the aide where they were.

The video wasn't very good for the group, as they (or their spokespeople) had said that they didn't know they were in Cambodia.

Nonsense they were miles inside Cambodia and they were trying to provoke an international incident.

Funny now how all interest in the temple has gone isn't it?

Thousands of people fled their homes. The thai army used cluster bombs and it was all about oil really.

Suthep was in meetings with the cambodians to discuss ownership of certain potential oil fields by certain families.

Nonsense they were miles inside Cambodia and they were trying to provoke an international incident.

Thousands of people fled their homes. The thai army used cluster bombs and it was all about oil really.

Suthep was in meetings with the cambodians to discuss ownership of certain potential oil fields by certain families.

They may have been miles inside Cambodia, but their spokespeople were saying that they weren't. Then the video came out with THEM saying that they were inside Cambodia - I wouldn't think that they were miles inside though.

But, there was nothing on the video about Abhisit sending them.

Why would there be an attempt to start an international incident, while Suthep was in meetings to discuss oil field ownership? Your conspiracy theories are shooting each other in the foot.

Edited by whybother

They may have been miles inside Cambodia, but their spokespeople were saying that they weren't. Then the video came out with THEM saying that they were inside Cambodia - I wouldn't think that they were miles inside though.

But, there was nothing on the video about Abhisit sending them.

Why would there be an attempt to start an international incident, while Suthep was in meetings to discuss oil field ownership? Your conspiracy theories are shooting each other in the foot.

Er why were they there?

Abhisit claimed initially they were in another province.

Er why were they there?

Abhisit claimed initially they were in another province.

There were a number of legitimate reasons given for why they were there. They claimed that they were there to see what some of the locals were complaining about with regards to Cambodian encroachment on the border.

When did Abhisit claim they were in another province?

Arrived Cambodia yesterday.

There were at least 5 times the usual number of immigration officials compared to normal.

Didn't see any red shirts.

Driving into to Siem Reap the Cambodian authorities appear to have made an excellent job in selecting and preparing the rally site. Thousands of chairs, hundreds of police points and (I am told) 250 army personnel from Phnom Penh. The owner of our hotel said that any big hotel in town (ie 100+) was full with Thai bookings.

Pub Street very quite, at least 5 bars closed (for Songkran not because of the rally).

Saw, and spoke to, 10 red shirts from Saraburi/Korat. They didn't look look like rice farmers and they turned their noses up when I said that the central market had some excellent bplah rah !

Might journey out towards the rally site tonight to see what's what.

• Like 2

So what are your thoughts on Abhisit cosying up to the Burmese Junta

When Abhisit starts employing the tactics of Thaksin and the Red Shirts and holds huge rallies in Myanmar and visits General Than Shwe regularly for golf, then it might be slightly on-topic for this thread.

So, who do you like more, Thaksin or Hun Sen?

When either Abhisit or Thaksin "hold huge rallies in Myanmar and visit Than Shwe regularly for golf" I'll let you know in another thread. But when answering a question that requires mention of something off topic to back up that answer I'll use it if thats OK. If you and Rivalex wish to make accusations of an answer being "off topic" in order to avoid further discussion, that's fine by me.

When Abhisit starts employing the tactics of Thaksin and the Red Shirts and holds huge rallies in Myanmar and visits General Than Shwe regularly for golf, then it might be slightly on-topic for this thread.

When either Abhisit or Thaksin "hold huge rallies in Myanmar and visit Than Shwe regularly for golf" I'll let you know in another thread. But when answering a question that requires mention of something off topic to back up that answer I'll use it if thats OK. If you and Rivalex wish to make accusations of an answer being "off topic" in order to avoid further discussion, that's fine by me.

It was a rhetorical question. We already know who you like, and whose close relationships with anti-democratic pro-coup human rights abusers you choose not to be critical of. Edited by hyperdimension

Arrived Cambodia yesterday.

There were at least 5 times the usual number of immigration officials compared to normal.

Driving into to Siem Reap the Cambodian authorities appear to have made an excellent job in selecting and preparing the rally site. Thousands of chairs, hundreds of police points and (I am told) 250 army personnel from Phnom Penh. The owner of our hotel said that any big hotel in town (ie 100+) was full with Thai bookings.

Pub Street very quite, at least 5 bars closed (for Songkran not because of the rally).

Saw, and spoke to, 10 red shirts from Saraburi/Korat. They didn't look look like rice farmers and they turned their noses up when I said that the central market had some excellent bplah rah !

Might journey out towards the rally site tonight to see what's what.

Real updates truly appreciated thanks! I am wondering if the rally site will be filled with rent-a cambodians?

Buchholz hasn't replied so I presume he can't tell me where my facts are wrong.

For your question;

Juarawee K. (Lina) News anchor for Nation Channel twittered;

Juarawee

So far regarding the 7 Thai detainees in Cambodia: 2 clips released on youtube with 2 key quotes. (cont)

(1) Panich to PM's close aide: "I've already crossed the Cambodian border, pls let Pm know. But don't tell anyone, only the PM knows"

(2) Panich to PM's close aide: "Let PM know, in case we need 2 get in touch. I'm in Thai territory, but it's the area where Cambodians live"

For some reason I can only find the link for the 2nd comment here http://twitter.com/#...867566456643584 but it is clearly marked "2" so "1" is in there somewhere (perhaps someone with a twitter account will help me out).

The two videos are here

and here

The other paper also picked up on the fact that Abhisit knew what was going on as he had sent them there in the first place. And Asian Correspondent

http://asiancorrespo...content=Twitter

The amount of backpedalling that went on at the time was wondrous to behold.

Edited by phiphidon

Buchholz hasn't replied so I presume he can't tell me where my facts are wrong.

For your question;

Juarawee K. (Lina) News anchor for Nation Channel twittered;

Juarawee

So far regarding the 7 Thai detainees in Cambodia: 2 clips released on youtube with 2 key quotes. (cont)

(1) Panich to PM's close aide: "I've already crossed the Cambodian border, pls let Pm know. But don't tell anyone, only the PM knows"

(2) Panich to PM's close aide: "Let PM know, in case we need 2 get in touch. I'm in Thai territory, but it's the area where Cambodians live"

For some reason I can only find the link for the 2nd comment here http://twitter.com/#...867566456643584 but it is clearly marked "2" so "1" is in there somewhere (perhaps someone with a twitter account will help me out).

The two videos are here

and here

The other paper also picked up on the fact that Abhisit knew what was going on as he had sent them there in the first place. And Asian Correspondent

http://asiancorrespo...content=Twitter

The amount of backpedalling that went on at the time was wondrous to behold.

But nothing saying Abhisit sent them. Just statements to let Abhisit know where they were.

But nothing saying Abhisit sent them. Just statements to let Abhisit know where they were.

Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya and Foreign Ministry spokesman Thani Thongphakdi confirmed the seven Thais were inside Cambodia when arrested.

Thani said the Royal Survey Department and Foreign Ministry officials had inspected the disputed area and confirmed the group had been on Cambodian soil............................

.................................The Thailand Patriot Network, a splinter group of the PAD, plans to hold the protest near the site where the seven Thais were arrested.

Its leader, Chaiwat Sinsuwoung, declined to disclose the specific protest site, but pledged that it would be held as planned to demand the release of the seven, as they were arrested in Thailand.

Meanwhile PAD spokesman Panthep Puapongpan said Panich had contacted Thepmontri Limpayom, a PAD member, on December 26 and persuaded him to accompany him to the site in question.

Panthep quoted Panich as telling Thepmontri the visit was organised at the order of Abhisit.

However, Thepmontri refused, and Panich invited Veera, a core leader of the Thailand Patriot Network, to go with him.

http://www.asiaone.c...104-256263.html

Of course, why didn't I think of that - Panich on his own violition decides to go walkabout over the cambodian border whilst on a mission for Abhisit to check the border markers, without informing the Thai border police or the Cambodian authorities. Of course it wasn't a <deleted> of the highest magnitude by the PM who went too far trying to appease the PAD who were demonstrating outside government house and accusing him of a sellout over the Preah Vihear land. Provokation was far from abhisits mind. Did you even read the asian correspondent link?

His comments after the 7 had been arrested and proved to be at least 500 metres inside Cambodian land?

"At this stage, I will continue with the approaches and take appropriate actions. I think that Cambodia must consider that if we want smooth relations between both countries, we should adhere to the directions that we have discussed. Failing to do so, there will be damages," Abhisit said.

The Thai prime minister added, "Now all our units are ready to insist on the stance that I have stated and I will wait for a response from Cambodia before deciding whether soldiers along the border should be reinforced Thursday."

That's fighting talk where I come from....................

"At this stage, I will continue with the approaches and take appropriate actions. I think that Cambodia must consider that if we want smooth relations between both countries, we should adhere to the directions that we have discussed. Failing to do so, there will be damages," Abhisit said.

The Thai prime minister added, "Now all our units are ready to insist on the stance that I have stated and I will wait for a response from Cambodia before deciding whether soldiers along the border should be reinforced Thursday."

Mmmmmmmm

We will burn down the banks, burn down the hospitals, burn down the Government buildings, if one million of us all bring 1 liter of gasoline we will burn Bangkok with a million liters.................................... Kill the soldiers, run them over with your trucks and kill them, then it will only be a road traffic offence!

Now that is fighting talk where I am from !!!

• Like 1

Red Shirts flock to greet ex-premier Thaksin in Cambodia

image_20120414121135AF4373E7-D68E-605B-173EFA19D91722EA.jpg

SI SA KET, April 14 – Several thousand Red Shirts on Saturday crossed a border checkpoint in the northern province of Si Sa Ket to greet ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on Thai New Year in Cambodia.

Members of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), supporters of self-exiled ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra from 20 northeastern provinces travelled in more than 200 buses, vans and private cars across the Chong Sangam border checkpoints in Si Sa Ket to celebrate Thai New Year Songkran festival with Mr Thaksin in Siem Reap.

Payom Thareechan, Si Sa Ket Assistant Governor said local officials helped facilitate Red Shirts in submitting documents to cross the border. It was their duty to do so, as the large number of up to 10,000 persons was travelling on Saturday morning.

The Red Shirts reportedly cooperated well with authorities.

Aside from splashing water on others, Thais celebrate during the Songkran festival by pouring scented water over the hands of elders or persons they respect, conveying their good wishes. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-14

It was a rhetorical question. We already know who you like, and whose close relationships with anti-democratic pro-coup human rights abusers you choose not to be critical of.

I have been critical of "anti-democratic pro-coup human rights abusers". Abhisits government was a prime example.

• Like 1

I have been critical of "anti-democratic pro-coup human rights abusers". Abhisits government was a prime example.

There are other threads to discuss Abhisit and his supposed misdeeds. This thread is about Thaksin, Cambodia, Hun Sen and how welcoming he has been to the Red Shirts due no doubt to the close friendship between the two scumbags. You continue to attempt to derail the topic because you cannot get yourself to express your disapproval of either.

There are other threads to discuss Abhisit and his supposed misdeeds. This thread is about Thaksin, Cambodia, Hun Sen and how welcoming he has been to the Red Shirts due no doubt to the close friendship between the two scumbags. You continue to attempt to derail the topic because you cannot get yourself to express your disapproval of either.

Whether I approve or not approve has no bearing on the matter.

Your insistence on establishing the character of either has nothing to with the op title "ex thai pm to address rally in cambodia".

Back to the OP.

We are here to discuss and express our opinions on the topic, and I have expressed mine on the hypocrisy of the supposedly anti-coup and supposedly pro-democracy Red Shirts rallying in Cambodia whose leader has warmly welcomed them beyond the level that is necessary, and who did not respect election results and muscled his way into become co-prime minister and then sole prime minister after staging a coup. Do you agree that there is hypocrisy?

Edited by hyperdimension

Mmmmmmmm

We will burn down the banks, burn down the hospitals, burn down the Government buildings, if one million of us all bring 1 liter of gasoline we will burn Bangkok with a million liters.................................... Kill the soldiers, run them over with your trucks and kill them, then it will only be a road traffic offence!

Now that is fighting talk where I am from !!!

Same here. We must have been neighbors.

so let me get this right, The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship is going to hold a rally in a country where democracy doesnt exist and dictatorship rules supreme to worship a fugitive former prime minister who resigned his position in a fit of pique and they don't feel a bit hypocritical?

so let me get this right, The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship is going to hold a rally in a country where democracy doesnt exist and dictatorship rules supreme to worship a fugitive former prime minister who resigned his position in a fit of pique and they don't feel a bit hypocritical?

AND 30 current Members of Parliament and Ministers are there to 'pay homage', AND the assistant Governor of a Si Sa Ket arranged officials to assist in processing of border paperwork for all those redshorts going to visit because "it was their duty to do so'!!

What part of the oath to serve the People, the King and the law did these MP's not understand when they swore their oath of allegiance in Parliament? Bloody traitors the lot of them!

Edited by GentlemanJim

AND 30 current Members of Parliament and Ministers are there to 'pay homage',

I wonder if the messiah allowed them to kiss his ring? The PTP promised transparency and they are certainly delivering on this pilgrimage.

Remember "it's not about Thaksin".

Edited by pimay11

I wonder if the messiah allowed them to kiss his ring? The PTP promised transparency and they are certainly delivering on this pilgrimage.

Remember "it's not about Thaksin".

AND Today's TV member competition for an all expenses paid trip to anywhere of their choice away from the Thaksin rally site in Cambodia. Simply fit the word "PIECE' into the sentence in the above quote marks.

• Like 1