What'S Special About Phuket (Compared To Pattaya/Bkk)?

lumply

As a countless times visitor to Thailand, mainly BKK on business and Pattaya for a long weekend, I thought that I should be more adventurous and less boring by going outside my comfort zone. So, Phuket came up as a possible chill out destination mixed with a bit of fun and games. A week's what I've got with Chinese g/f in May. If it's that good then I may return with my Brit g/f later in the year. I need a little more convincing though. Any unique points?

Is this a bragging thread? You have a chinese g/f and a british g/f? Do they know about each other? If not, you may find that Phuket lives up to its reputation amongst the foreigners as the hub of ooops another one fell off the balcony.

In respect to the differences, I believe that the raw sewage flows right into the Patong beach from the klong t the kalim end. At the end of a storm you can watch the effluent wash out and the swimmers that come to frolic in the water. :)

One difference is, Phuket is full of loonies who think they are better than those staying in Pattaya.

Oh, almost forgot about taxi mafia, keep your wallet wide open once you step outside the Phuket airport.

By the way, why waste money and bring your China / Brit GFs here? Go alone and get yourself another one right here, they will love you loooong time!

edit typo

Edited by Shurup

Is this a bragging thread? You have a chinese g/f and a british g/f? Do they know about each other? If not, you may find that Phuket lives up to its reputation amongst the foreigners as the hub of ooops another one fell off the balcony.

In respect to the differences, I believe that the raw sewage flows right into the Patong beach from the klong t the kalim end. At the end of a storm you can watch the effluent wash out and the swimmers that come to frolic in the water. smile.png

A good thing you brought that to the attention of Tourists,on the last thread on Phuket,one wasn't permitted to say anything negative,about Phuket.

Check out the Phuket forum for an insight...although can be biased one way or the other...Phuket is an island and in a way still has that island feel...the fauna and views looking down at the bays is far more beautiful than most of Pattaya...why not check out Hua Hin, you can get a limo down from the airport in about 2 hours...reasonable beaches, plenty restuarants and activites or attractions, and quite a lively nightlife..

Both sh-tholes in my opinion, 20 years too late.

And what in your opinion is better? Traffic jammed BKK or smoged CM?

Oh, I see, lovelaos... you're not even in Thailand... That explains it...

• Like 1

Replying to What'S Special About Phuket (Compared To Pattaya/Bkk)?

Nothing as far as I know, been there, looked around and yes nothing, life's a beach etc.etc..

What are you looking of OP?

Win drunk.gif

Both sh-tholes in my opinion, 20 years too late.

And what in your opinion is better? Traffic jammed BKK or smoged CM?

Oh, I see, lovelaos... you're not even in Thailand... That explains it...

Explains what? That I think Phuket and Pattaya are horrible places and in my opinion the OP is twenty years too late? Yes it does smile.png

I would think that in your opinion, all of Thaialnd is a horrible place, that's why you moved to Laos. No?

No, I moved to Laos because I got a job offer I couldn't refuse and fell in love with the place. There are so many other places in Thailand besides Phuket and Pattaya. Why anyone would limit themselves to them 2 places (as many do) is beyond me. You don't even have to go far from Bkk to find Koh Samed which in my opinion is far nicer. Yes if you want whoring, rip offs, polluted beaches, scams, misfit farangs, drug dealers/users and international criminals then the two places make an ideal holiday destination.

• Like 2

If you have money i suggest you avoid Thailand altogether and keep going to Australia. The Whitsundays are awesome as well as many other beaches along that huge coastline. very clean, fresh salt air , no dogs, no broken glass, no touts, great surf....basically its everything beach resorts in Thailand arent. Its expensive but if you can afford 2 GF's then you can pay.

Thailands beaches at the top of the gulf stink of raw sewerage. I never go to the beach here in LOS anymore.

People on the Whitsundays would laugh if they ever came here. They wouldnt stay here a night.

Phuket is very cheap by Australian standards which is why Aussies who cant afford a decent holiday at home come here.But you get what you pay for. Here its third rate beaches ,isan hookers, jet ski thugs and food cooked under highly questionable circumstances. Your choice.

Edited by jalansanitwong

As a countless times visitor to Thailand, mainly BKK on business and Pattaya for a long weekend, I thought that I should be more adventurous and less boring by going outside my comfort zone. So, Phuket came up as a possible chill out destination mixed with a bit of fun and games. A week's what I've got with Chinese g/f in May. If it's that good then I may return with my Brit g/f later in the year. I need a little more convincing though. Any unique points?

Phuket is a very nice, big island with modern amenities, shopping and lots of beach options. It also has an international airport, lots of connections via the pier in chalong, golfing options (albeit a bit expensive). Relaxation on many of the twenty something beaches (I love Nai yarn near the airport and cape yamu is quite nice as well - longer living probably Nai harn or kathu if you want more central living and don't care to live near a beach) and avoid Patong, Kata if you want to but the option is there.

Bangkok is a great city for what it is, and one of the most pleasant larger metropolises if you live outside main foreigner spots. You can easily get to beaches like in Koh samed, hua hin, Cha am, ban phe etc.

Pattaya (jomtien, areas around there) is probably a better bet only if you are going on cost. I have been told it grows on you but honestly every invitation there for three days I usually end up leaving early. I doubt your british gf will like it.

Thanks all for your comments. I'll have a look at Koh Samed then for a weeks'R&R from the Middle East

Kho Tao, Krabi, Kho Chang, Kho Samui.........to start with are all great destinations and have limited human-debris compared to Pattaya and Phuket. I would not recommend Kho Samed for an entire week. You will go stir crazy. It is a tiny island with limited facilities. I love Kho Samed for a quick break from Bangkok, but 2 or 3 days max is enough. Do an internet search on the locations I mentioned and read the reviews, I think you will find what you are looking for in one of those locations.

Thanks all for your comments. I'll have a look at Koh Samed then for a weeks'R&R from the Middle East

Kho Tao, Krabi, Kho Chang, Kho Samui.........to start with are all great destinations and have limited human-debris compared to Pattaya and Phuket. I would not recommend Kho Samed for an entire week. You will go stir crazy. It is a tiny island with limited facilities. I love Kho Samed for a quick break from Bangkok, but 2 or 3 days max is enough. Do an internet search on the locations I mentioned and read the reviews, I think you will find what you are looking for in one of those locations.

Oh yeah a week in Koh samed sounds like hell. Def better to do Koh Chang.

Yes, good you brought it up.

Unfortunately a single day at the white beach of Koh Samed is more than enough to turn any man into a boiled tomato,

therefore, after a day, go and bade in the soft red light in Pattaya go-go bars licklips.gif

One difference is, Phuket is full of loonies who think they are better than those staying in Pattaya.

Oh, almost forgot about taxi mafia, keep your wallet wide open once you step outside the Phuket airport.

By the way, why waste money and bring your China / Brit GFs here? Go alone and get yourself another one right here, they will love you loooong time!

edit typo

Dude - First let me say how sorry I feel for you to be stuck with BOTH a Brit and Chinese chick! Even the dankest Thai street hooker beats that combination and worth a trip to Phuket in itself - ALONE! But anyway there is nothing special about it. Tourist trap and scammers everywhere looking to rip you off. Way to many fat, white foreigners laying on the beach with way to little on! Good ladyboy show though and if you're lucky you'll get your ass kicked outside a bar for no reason at all by the Thai mafia types! Enjoy!

• Like 1

edit typo

Dude - First let me say how sorry I feel for you to be stuck with BOTH a Brit and Chinese chick! Even the dankest Thai street hooker beats that combination and worth a trip to Phuket in itself - ALONE! But anyway there is nothing special about it. Tourist trap and scammers everywhere looking to rip you off. Way to many fat, white foreigners laying on the beach with way to little on! Good ladyboy show though and if you're lucky you'll get your ass kicked outside a bar for no reason at all by the Thai mafia types! Enjoy!

100% correct if you are talking about Patong, karon and Kata however the rest of the island is still very nice...one less Aussie in Phuket is great...thanks for the comments..

If you have money i suggest you avoid Thailand altogether and keep going to Australia. The Whitsundays are awesome as well as many other beaches along that huge coastline. very clean, fresh salt air , no dogs, no broken glass, no touts, great surf....basically its everything  beach resorts in Thailand arent.  Its expensive but if you can afford 2 GF's then you can pay.

Thailands beaches at the top of the gulf stink of raw sewerage. I never go to the beach here in LOS anymore.

People on the Whitsundays would laugh if they ever came here. They wouldnt  stay here a night.

Phuket is very cheap by Australian standards which is why Aussies who cant afford a decent holiday at home come here.But you get what you pay for. Here its third rate beaches ,isan hookers, jet ski thugs and food cooked  under highly questionable circumstances. Your choice.

• 2 weeks later...