I Just Got A Bill For Electric 2500 Bht In Pattaya

radiola

still is not used to the mark up for juice by a landlord

i never experienced anything like this in the west

VIA LA DIFFERENCE

today we talked and he told me he pays 5 baht for electricity because it is a building in pattaya and they have variable rates like high.and low, i mai cowjai

i humorously did the math that he is getting 1500 a month from me in profit from this and i get NOTHING

in effect he said it offsets his costs which means i pay for his bills

gotta love it

i told him i would buy a meter, cost a few hundred baht

he did not care for the idea

maybe its time to return to life in the oven

i am not giving up, though after years they still want to squeeze me

bottom line sux

life is not perfect

but i am happy

sorry to hi jack your thread

best of luck

Deejah, it's common use in Thailand and it happens towards Thai and foreigners.

Very seldom you can see elec rates of THB 3.5 or THB 4 asked in case of a condo rental. In those cases you will have to pay the utility company directly. Overhead like gardening, security, pool maintenance, common lighting, etc will be charged in another way, but they will be charged.

still is not used to the mark up for juice by a landlord

i never experienced anything like this in the west

VIA LA DIFFERENCE

today we talked and he told me he pays 5 baht for electricity because it is a building in pattaya and they have variable rates like high.and low, i mai cowjai

i humorously did the math that he is getting 1500 a month from me in profit from this and i get NOTHING

in effect he said it offsets his costs which means i pay for his bills

gotta love it

i told him i would buy a meter, cost a few hundred baht

he did not care for the idea

maybe its time to return to life in the oven

i am not giving up, though after years they still want to squeeze me

bottom line sux

life is not perfect

but i am happy

sorry to hi jack your thread

best of luck

Deejah, it's common use in Thailand and it happens towards Thai and foreigners.

Very seldom you can see elec rates of THB 3.5 or THB 4 asked in case of a condo rental. In those cases you will have to pay the utility company directly. Overhead like gardening, security, pool maintenance, common lighting, etc will be charged in another way, but they will be charged.

I have rented in View Talay 1 for 3 years now. My electric bill is put in my box monthly from the Electric Company. 3.8 baht per unit average. Some condo owners have meters in the rooms and do charge higher rates. However most of the long term guys I know living here only rent from owners who use the master electric meters on each floor read from the Electric Company. Gardining, security etc. is included in the monthly rent, not in electric charges.

I don't use aircon that much when I'm in country, but I pay at least 2-3K / month for electric.

One thing that can make a big difference is the type, size, use habits and settings of your refrigerator. Those things suck a ton of juice if they're older models!

so if i buy a house will i be paying only real charge, no addons fee, if the house is mine

now i am paying 2 extra baht for dog food, bosses wife nail polishing, her massage etc... ha ha ha

2 bht that is like 1000 bht per month, not that cheap

I don't know how you can handle living in a 37m2 condo. 6m x 6m - that's tiny.

I would check on the aircon unit. I had a small room with an aircon which pushed my bills up to over 4000 paying 6 baht. It was running most of the day and night though...If the compressor runs continuously it will use a lot of electricity.

^ Presumably that includes a couple of square metres for the balcony also.

But 37m2 is relatively large compared to the newer cell blocks that developers are throwing up around Pattaya which advertise studio units of 27m2 and 2 bedroom units of 60m2!!!

2 bed bungalow with direct goverment electric

we normallr bills around 3k. last month was 5.2k.. must of been hotter than i thought

Silent, for a 2 bedroom Bungalow on government electric that's a lot. !! That's around 1400 Units. (3.7 THB a Unit) crying.gif

Are you running your Aircon 24/7 ?

But 37m2 is relatively large compared to the newer cell blocks that developers are throwing up around Pattaya which advertise studio units of 27m2 and 2 bedroom units of 60m2!!!

Yikes! 5m x 5m studios? What next?

Yikes! 5m x 5m studios? What next?

a friend ho married a lithuanian are buying a two bedroom condo in lithuania this is two bedroom and one living room 60 sqm