PM Yingluck's Human Errors Not Important: Spokesman

webfact

POLITICS

PM saying 'Malaysian president' is human errors not important: spokesman

30179689-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should not be faulted over her human errors and critics of the government should focus on substance rather than petty issues, PM's spokesman Suranand Vejjajiva said on Tuesday.

Critics took Yingluck to task for an embarrassing mistake in referring to the "Malaysian president" instead of a prime minister during her weekly speech on Saturday. Her other mistake was the picture depicting she was using the mobile phone during the funeral process of the late princess Benaratana on Monday.

Suranand said any veteran television personalities used wrong wording from time to time, arguing Yingluck did not make the blunder nor misunderstood the position of the Malaysian leader.

"I believe the prime minister might have spoken too fast, hence a slip of the tongue," he said.

He said Yingluck's team of aides would check the recorded speech before broadcasting in future.

He said he had no comments on the issue of mobile phone since he deemed it trivial.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-10

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Critics took Yingluck to task for an embarrassing mistake in referring to the "Malaysian president" instead of a prime minister during her weekly speech on Saturday. Her other mistake was the picture depicting she was using the mobile phone during the fenueral process of the late princess Benaratana on Monday.

Glass houses and all that........

• Like 2

yes there is an endless list......that case with the concrete, that 13th month of the year only Thailand has, that problem reading numbers correct, that complete nonsense she spoke when there were the floods.

These errors are human and should not be focused on.

But how to focus on the substance if there is no substance?

Critics took Yingluck to task for an embarrassing mistake in referring to the "Malaysian president" instead of a prime minister during her weekly speech on Saturday. Her other mistake was the picture depicting she was using the mobile phone during the fenueral process of the late princess Benaratana on Monday.

seems ok now

Her other mistake was the picture depicting she was using the mobile phone during the funeral process of the late princess Benaratana on Monday.

btw, link to photo depicting her during the royal funeral.

From Khaosod thai newspaper:

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/rightie1/13339886701333988741l.jpg

seems ok now

Her other mistake was the picture depicting she was using the mobile phone during the funeral process of the late princess Benaratana on Monday.

http://i1124.photobu...1333988741l.jpg

Nobody can really be surprised about that photo. We all know where the Shinawatras got their priorities ...

• Like 2

seems ok now

Very naff isn't it.

As they say about phones on golf courses, if you are so important that you need to take a phone call on the golf course, you should have a secretary.

This big ex CEO can´t behave in public, and seems to have very little knowledge about most thing. Everybody is good at something wonder what the PM is good at?

No better forget the last sentence, better not know. If I knew she maybe have to kill me.

He said Yingluck's team of aides would check the recorded speech before broadcasting in future.

Nothing like fair and balanced reporting when you can guarantee that everything you see has been photoshopped

Of course, that isn't much use, if the aides don't know that Malaysia has a PM instead of a President.

Will try that one over dinner, see how many right and wrong answers.

I guess she's in good company (said very sarcastically). After all, there are long lists of George Bush's verbal screw ups. And we all know what a great leader he was..........NOT

I like the government's approach to solving her blunders. Just don't release anything to the media where she has made a mistake. Does that mean that we may never hear from her again?

I guess she's in good company (said very sarcastically). After all, there are long lists of George Bush's verbal screw ups. And we all know what a great leader he was..........NOT

I like the government's approach to solving her blunders. Just don't release anything to the media where she has made a mistake. Does that mean that we may never hear from her again?

Or get her to make speeches with no one present. Whoops tried that one already

seems ok now

Nobody can really be surprised about that photo. We all know where the Shinawatras got their priorities ...

And proper respect for 'those who deserve it', doesn't seem one of them from general appearances.

Texting at a royal funeral... can you imagine Blair or Cameron or Iron Maggie doing that?

Not on your tintype. At least they would have an ear bud and someone OUT of SIGHT

would be telling them things they need to know.

Nice of her prep-team to get her adresses to dignitaries in proper protocol form.

President of Malaysia....

I wonder how well Matahir Mohamed would have taken a boner like that one?

Edited by animatic

Ok calling the prime minister of Malaysia the president, fair enough anyone could make that mistake. You'd hope that the leader of a country wouldn't but there you go. However texting at a funeral……

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Ok calling the prime minister of Malaysia the president, fair enough anyone could make that mistake. You'd hope that the leader of a country wouldn't but there you go. However texting at a funeral……

This was not just "a funeral".

IMHO its a huge error of judgement to be seen doing anything with a mobile phone at a Royal Funeral, when you are in your dress whites and appear to be in the procession!

Apparently Thaksin's son has come out to say she was just 'turning off' her phone - but that is hear-say/rumour at the moment - either way, bad move on her part and she should at least come out and explain herself or apologise.

And proper respect for 'those who deserve it', doesn't seem one of them from general appearances.

Texting at a royal funeral... can you imagine Blair or Cameron or Iron Maggie doing that?

Not on your tintype. At least they would have an ear bud and someone OUT of SIGHT

Nothing amazes me anymore here.

Texting or using the mobilephone is disrespectful at ANY funeral.

It just shows at which point Thai socierty is now if even the so called "examples" just behave as poorly as any "hi so" Thai.

Thailand is a country that has never achieved anything by itself, all is copied mostly from the west and they lack the capabilities and the cultural background to apply it. Constantly aping us makes them even more ridicolous (just look at the very western uniforms).

It is obvious that she showed gross disrespect for the defunct person and should bear the consequences of that. A public apology would be the minimum followed by a discussion regarding mobilephone etiquette in Thailand.

Edit after new post above: The excuse just switching it off is very Thai, but does not hold. Switch off that phone before !

Edited by eagleflyinghigh

Nice of her prep-team to get her adresses to dignitaries in proper protocol form.

No, Thatcher would never do anything to be embarrassed about

Corbis-DWF15-766289.jpg?size=67&uid=c0471ff8-ffda-4182-af1a-905882a0b65d

plenty of respect "for those who deserve it". she even

went to visit her good friend pinochet when he was

under house arrest.

I don't think your good friend matahir mohamed took a "boner like that one" as you so elegantly put it - quite the opposite, he accused his opposition of that and successfully got him jailed once and arrested a second time. Nice guy, matahir, he'd fit in well with the bunch above.

• Like 1

No, Thatcher would never do anything to be embarrassed about

Corbis-DWF15-766289.jpg?size=67&uid=c0471ff8-ffda-4182-af1a-905882a0b65d

She even managed to find time to visit her old despot

mate Pinochet when he was under house arrest.

And as for your friend, matahir "taking a boner like that", I doubt it. Though he is fond of accusing his opposition of it. Managed to jail Anwar Ibrahim once and arrested him a second time before being released. Nice guy, matahir, he'd fit in well with the bunch above.

As one famous 'old money' individual was reportably heard to remark, "these upstart, new money people, just do not have class".

They are tolerated by their peers, seemly, adored by those beneath their social level, but seem to have a hard time attaining/substaining their lofty goals, of becoming a part of those higher up the social ladder.