Hiring A Part-time Thai Assistant

I’d like to hire a Thai native speaker part-time temporary assistant to work a few hours a day, 2 or 3 days a week. The job would involve some door-to-door canvassing (no selling) and would require some basic English. I think it would be an ideal job for a student.

Here are my questions:

1. What is the best way to find someone to do this job?

2. I don’t have any formal business in Thailand and would like to pay cash. Is that going to be a problem?

3. What is a reasonable pay for this type of work?

Thanks for your advice.

I’d like to hire a Thai native speaker part-time temporary assistant to work a few hours a day, 2 or 3 days a week. The job would involve some door-to-door canvassing (no selling) and would require some basic English. I think it would be an ideal job for a student.

Here are my questions:

1. What is the best way to find someone to do this job?

Want to spend no money? Put ads in the universities. Willing to spend some and get more resumes? Can use websites such as jobsdb.com or newspapers.

2. I don’t have any formal business in Thailand and would like to pay cash. Is that going to be a problem?

Apart from it probably being illegal, I don't think your employees will object. They are however entitled to some rights under Thai law, such as social security payments, unless they are "freelancers", independent contractors, not employees.

3. What is a reasonable pay for this type of work?

300 to 600 baht a day might be reasonable.