Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan 'Detained' In US

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but India has over 50 different languages and although they want Hindi to be the main language ... IT IS NOT.... ! Every state wants to speak their own dialect and refuse to speak Hindi. Hindi is spoken in Mumbai, Delhi and a few other stated in the North ... the rest of India speak the dialect of their own state and can't speak a single word of hindi and nor do they want to .... Tanil Nady ... they speak Tamil , Karnataka ... the speak Kanada, Gujarat... they speak Gujarathi, Kerala .... they speak Malayalam and so on.....

i don't need a (sorry) lecture about Indian languages especially from somebody who calls them "dialects" tongue.png

for the record...

-no other language in India is spoken by more people than Hindi, it is spoken by an estimated 300-400 million Indians,

-followed by ~80 million who speak Bengali, ~70 million who speak Marathi, ~70 million who speak Telugu, ~60 million who speak Tamil, ~50 million who speak Urdu, ~40 million who speak Gujarati, ~40 million who speak Kannada, 30 million who speak Malayalam.

-the state of "Tanil Nady" is an invention of yours. the language Tamil is spoken in the state of Tamil Nadu,

-hardly anybody speaks Hindi in Mumbai where Marathi and Hindustani is spoken. Hindustani is a mixture of Hindi, Urdu and to a lesser extent Punjabi and used as "lingua franca" widely in India,

by the way, this lesson is free. for the next one i will charge Thai Baht 10 to be sent attached to a personal message. that is... should another lesson be required.

av-11672.gif

• Like 2

Newsweek named him one of the 50 most powerful people in the world. Khan is a television presenter, a regular stage performer, and a social activist.

​I believe social activists are viewed with suspicion in the US.

I believe anyone with the surname Khan is viewed with suspicion in the US wink.png

I wonder why?

I've never heard of the guy and I'm sure the agents that detained him had never heard of him either. There was something obviously wrong with his paperwork, so the agents followed procedure and detained him until it could be worked out. Standard procedure. Been in the same situation before myself when flying on private aircraft into a foreign country.

Those calling the US a disgrace for it's border agents actually doing their jobs should remove their heads from their posterior orifice and realize that we don't live in a Utopian world.

Maybe the guy was a bit jet lagged and forgot were he was ,and expected the authorities to bow and grovel as they do in Thailand when he give them the usual "Do you know who I am"? garbage, of course this would cut no ice in the US in spite of his "fame and wealth" as many rich and famous people who are now in the "slammer" will readily testify laugh.png Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

Bollywood star grounded by security agents

The United States has apologised to Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan after he was stopped for an 90 minutes by homeland security agents at a New York airport.

Khan landed at the airport in White Plains, New York, via a private plane on Thursday en route to deliver a lecture at Yale University when he was stopped.

He recounted the experience in the lecture, which media reports said was delayed by several hours because of the incident.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.a...0414-1wzrs.html

-- THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD 2012-04-14

footer_n.gif

Maybe next time he won't fly to another country an hour before he is to give a speech. I mean, come on, really? All seasoned travellers know that delays can happen anywhere and plan accordingly.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sad that he was treated like an average American and not some int'l star but he must have been expecting some special treatment to zip through customs so fast.

Earlier, Shah Rukh Khan was detained at a New York airport for over two hours by immigration officials after arriving from India in a private plane with Nita Ambani, to address students at Yale University here.

46-year-old Khan was to address a press conference at 2pm and deliver his lecture at 4pm at the Yale University.

However, he arrived for the press meet three hours behind schedule and his hour-long lecture started at about 6pm.

Nope. This man is special. The biggest movie star in India's history. India, a close ally of the U.S.A. Khan a Muslim in a majority Hindu country. India and Muslim Pakistan (both nuclear countries) trying to make peace. This was a DIPLOMATIC error, and a big one. Almost as bad as dissing the Prime Minister of India.

Edited by Jingthing

He's an actor. He was detained for a time. Same as a lot of people.

There is no diplomatic issue. Unless he has diplomatic immunity, it's up to the officials....they aren't the brightest bulbs, but anyone with two synapses firing would know that when entering another country, especially the USA, you just might get delayed.

Nope. This man is special. The biggest movie star in India's history. India, a close ally of the U.S.A. Khan a Muslim in a majority Hindu country. India and Muslim Pakistan (both nuclear countries) trying to make peace. This was a DIPLOMATIC error, and a big one. Almost as bad as dissing the Prime Minister of India.

Cough, cough, bullshite.

If he holds a diplomatic passport, then you might have a point.

Edited by KeyserSoze01
  • Like 1

Cough, cough, bullshite.

Whatever you say, but you're obviously wrong. What the Indians think is what matters about this, and they are offended. Why offend a friendly country like India?

http://www.newsindia-times.com/NewsIndiaTimes/20120413/4967533488078256937.htm

There was much anger in India over what Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Minister Rajiv Shukla called "inappropriate and uncalled for," detention of Khan. "I think whether it is Shah Rukh or former president of India (A.P.J. Abdul Kalam), if you know the identity of the person and if you have already established the identity of the person, then it is completely uncalled for and inappropriate," he said.

Cough, cough, bullshite.

Quite correct Ok for one man to be bigger than the "system" in Thailand ,but in the US sorry no cigar, as disgraced former President Richard Millhouse Nixon would testify .
  • Like 2

So this is now the SECOND time this has happened to SRK in the US. If he decides to come again, do you seriously think it should happen AGAIN? The first time, OK maybe there was a reason having to do with the name database, but a second time? How is this not STUPID?

Reading that story, I thought first he was detained because they found some not allowed substance on him or in his luggage.coffee1.gif

Or, he did not pay his child support in the US or some other country and had to talk with the authorities, had to bail out himself.

I was never believing that the US-authorities are so stupid to not recognize that man.

That he and his group arrived with a private plane should also ring a bell.

A little CNN watching helps as training! I wont believe that they look BBC in the states.

So, the shit and ignorance hit the fan.clap2.gifhit-the-fan.gif

I stay here in the Udon Thani province rice and sugarcane desert, but CNN and BBC and other channels, brought Mr. Shah Rukh Khan even to my place.

But on the other side, -Harry Bellafonte- was once unrecognized, the entrance in an Austrian Bar-Disco denied, Black is Black giggle.gif

But that are different circumstances and an ignorant and uncouth bouncer at the entrance!

The US is a disgrace...All in the name of "national security"... and the government gets away with profiling...Which is illegal, the last time I checked...

The is no extremism when it comes to National Security. Too bad we didn't have it before 9-11. The USA delayed him two hours, Big deal, try processing thru Suvannaboomie: either coming in or going out, same-same only different because I am not on a private jet with an attitude.

Oh please! Don't tell me they can't gather the "intelligence" that this man is a major global movie star and that dissing him harms the diplomatic relations with a major country.

Yes thats true but did you know who he was before this article because i'll be bugger!d if i did

You mean you are than a "bugger" or you are than 'buggered"?

Not to know everything is no problem, just normal, but I would not need 2 hours to find out who is sitting in front of me as a Mr.Shah Rukh Khan.

2 minutes are enough.

Maybe US Immigration just try to use GOOGLE? giggle.gif

The issue with Khan on this might have to do wit the airport he flew into. It is a tiny airport with no scheduled international flights. I would think that Customs and Immigration officers must have to travel from the larger international airports that service New York City for unscheduled private aircraft. Do they have the same technology as in international airports? This I do not know but would guess not. I don't blame him for wanting to avoid the congestion of the three large international airports that serve NYC as he would have been delayed there as well, not because of immigration but because the sheer number of traffic headed into the area. Next time he might want to leave a little earlier instead of expecting to step off of an aircraft and go directly to an appointment.

The US is a disgrace...All in the name of "national security"... and the government gets away with profiling...Which is illegal, the last time I checked...

ok

lets talk about profiling. If every person that has been caught in a terrorist attack is of an arab nationality, why would the security frisk some little old white haired caucasian lady in a wheel chair?

• Like 1