Need Guy To Build Speaker Project

OliverKlozerof

You're being a bit ambitious! There aren't many hifi manufacturers in Thailand at all (per capita) compared to Singapore or Taiwan. In fact the only brand of Thai hifi that you see in more than one shop is TS Audio...and they make valve amps....and that's likely to be one guy building them at home. If the build isn't that complicated the best bet is to ask the following for contacts:

Mr Balance, 5th floor of Panthip Plaza (doubtful, cos he's a 2nd hand retailer and quite grumpy)

HiFi Centre behind Big C Rajadamri, if it's still there

4th floor Fortune Town on Ratchada, a couple of more DIY-type shops there

Piyanas at Paradise Park, the only one who'll speak English

CarlBKK: Did you click the link? This doesn't involve actually building any components, it's just getting several cheap tweeters, attaching them to a board, then wiring them to a solid state amp. I could do it myself, but I don't' have the tools or the space to do it.

Thanks for the references still.

Edited by OliverKlozerof

A hole saw should be easy to find for the tweeter size. Most home improvement stores should sell a square of plywood, too. Placement of the speakers isn't critical.

You're looking at getting the highest frequency output tweeters, which get progressively smaller with higher frequency. Be sure to check the frequency response of the amp, too.

I suspect the sound will be above our aged hearing at any rate.