Poly House

Scoop1

Just wondering if anyone is growing in a polyhouse, and what type of design is it and howis it working in thailands climate and where did you get it, and how much, or is it better to build your own

Thanks

Scoop

Thanks, necronx99, what i am looking at is a little more up market than a bamboo structure, and i dont want to spend 1million tbt, what i am thinking about is like a shed built 20mtr L x 7mtR W x 5mtR H, and sheeting it with polycarbonate roofing and walls, and have bug mesh in spots for ventilation, do you have a website in thailand , that i could look at, do grow in a one?

cheers

Scoop

Thanks, necronx99, what i am looking at is a little more up market than a bamboo structure, and i dont want to spend 1million tbt, what i am thinking about is like a shed built 20mtr L x 7mtR W x 5mtR H, and sheeting it with polycarbonate roofing and walls, and have bug mesh in spots for ventilation, do you have a website in thailand , that i could look at, do grow in a one?

cheers

Scoop

Don't be so quick to write off bamboo, particularly in the size you are talking about...

there are past threads on this if you search the forum with some supplier links, commercial options vs local builds don't shape up well until you start talking about hectare size greenhouses.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, do you grow in one , and how is it working

They work fine with temperature control sorted.

how big is it and what are you growing ?

Current one is 10x5x4 growing chilli, pepper and tomatos.

Bamboo and plastic sheet. Sorry no pics.

I'm looking for something a bit smaller, just for growing some tomatoes ... How high does the top need to be off the ground to prevent excess heating? I'm thinking a 3x3 meter area for a couple raised beds.

My peppers are doing ok, as of now... in the shade :D Probably not so well once the rain really starts up though..

I'm looking for something a bit smaller, just for growing some tomatoes ... How high does the top need to be off the ground to prevent excess heating? I'm thinking a 3x3 meter area for a couple raised beds.

My peppers are doing ok, as of now... in the shade biggrin.png Probably not so well once the rain really starts up though..

3m is probably fine if you build vents into it (cut out sections of plastic, reinforce the edges and replace with flyscreen)