The Polish Community In Thailand

Shoeboat

I have been based here for the past decade and recently landed myself a good, legit job after a very barren two years. I have also met a girl who I have been dating for 6 months and it looks like it could get serious. Thing is, she's Polish and doesn't live here but has a lot of experience in hotel management.

She's paid for most of her trips out here to see me but neither of us can afford for it to be this way, I could support her if she lived with me 90 days at a time but she would be bored senseless and wants to be busy. Neither of us fancy living in Poland and I have no idea what I would do there anyway.

I doubt there are many, if any, options for us but it's worth a shot. According to Google there are just 37 Poles living in Thailand!

Can anybody throw me a bone here? Advice much appreciated and relocating to other parts os Asia is an option.

Sorry to have to say this, but your options are extremely limited.

It`s all down to money and assets and if the both of you are living on a day to day basis than this relationship is doomed from the start, especially taking into consideration the distances between you.

You have not disclosed your nationality or both your ages, but if you are under retirement age and an EEC national you could either go to live with her in Poland or in your home country and begin from scratch creating a life together. It all depends how serious you two are within this relationship and how much being together means to you, because being together is what it`s all about and the location should not be important.

To me, this just sounds like the two of you are seeking adventure rather than the planning of a future together, but wishing you good luck with this anyway.

That's great but sobering advice Beetlejuice. She does speak Russian by the way, she's in her late twenties and I'm in my late thirties and British. Only known each other three months but we like each other way too much to just ignore it, but sadly I don't really know what we can do other than remain good friends and see each other a couple of times a year and take it from there. Three months is not long enough to justify giving up my life for something completely new. Perhaps I should spend a month with her in Poland and she spend a month here in each others pockets and see how that works out. But then, i'd still be asking the same question. We've both had plenty of travel and adventure in our lives, maybe Cambodia, Burmah or Laos would be a neutral place for us both to make a fresh start.

Does she speak Russian?

Do you? But I think I know what you're getting at. But your question should have been, does she mind working in Pattaya?

Why would anyone mind living in Pattaya. If it was Phuket I would have asked.

Does she speak Russian?

Do you? But I think I know what you're getting at. But your question should have been, does she mind working in Pattaya?

Well, I thought the 'Russian community' was located in Pattaya, and you asked if she spoke Russian.

Does she speak Russian?

Well, I thought the 'Russian community' was located in Pattaya, and you asked if she spoke Russian.

I understand that. Yes the Russians live in Pattaya. Why would anyone mind living in Pattaya. I can see not wanting to live in Phuket but since I lived in Pattaya I see nothing wrong with living there. Some people who have never lived in Pattaya may not like it but what do they know?

Why would anyone mind living in Pattaya

No Idea. Why don't you start a topic about this? smile.png

I would but think you would be the only one to contribute.

Yes. I guess you're right. Everybody just loves Pattaya. Strange though that you moved away from the place.

BTW. What do you have against Phuket?

Edited by Semper

Why would anyone mind living in Pattaya

No Idea. Why don't you start a topic about this? smile.png

I would but think you would be the only one to contribute.

Yes. I guess you're right. Everybody just loves Pattaya. Strange though that you moved away from the place.

I wouldn't have left but for work. I tried commuting two hours each way every day and it got to be too much time driving. I still miss the food and shopping and entertainment.

Hows her English ?

My wifes cousin's husband but at the time boyfriend has a Swedish passport, but spent most of his life living in England. When he started the process of teaching English he was told he couldn't because of his nationality, but he did some test ( I have absolutely no memory of the details) and was then allowed to. His mother is Thai living in the UK. I don't know if this has any bearing on it.

A friend works for a large hotel chain teaching the staff English amongst other things. Maybe with her background and if she can do the above she could look for similar type work.

That's great but sobering advice Beetlejuice. She does speak Russian by the way, she's in her late twenties and I'm in my late thirties and British. Only known each other three months but we like each other way too much to just ignore it, but sadly I don't really know what we can do other than remain good friends and see each other a couple of times a year and take it from there. Three months is not long enough to justify giving up my life for something completely new. Perhaps I should spend a month with her in Poland and she spend a month here in each others pockets and see how that works out. But then, i'd still be asking the same question. We've both had plenty of travel and adventure in our lives, maybe Cambodia, Burmah or Laos would be a neutral place for us both to make a fresh start.

If she can't get work in Thailand, what makes you think she can in Laos?

Laos has an easy visa situation these days?

If you have a job, yes very easy.

• Like 1

She has resort management experience, perhaps that's an option. I suppose for that sort of job one would apply in ones own country and apply to be located in Asia. Neither of us are particularly bothered about staying in Thailand, but somewhere in South East Asia would be perfect.