Chevrolet Aveo Vs Proton Gen2

alyx

How anyone could think of buying anything without Airbags and ABS is beyond me....

Came out of my Village yesterday into the small road [we would call a Lane in UK] going down to the main road, 200 m from Village was 2 Isuzu D-Max they had hit full square head on.... The Gold Series SLX both the Man and Passenger Lady managed to get out as I was slowly getting past., both air bags had gone off...... the other D-Max a bit older 2005 - 2008 model EX base model, the driver was badly hurt and unconscious, not sure if there was a passenger as the roof was folded and almost on the seat...... it had just happened

seeing this is thailand and that about 30 people die on the roads per day. Dont save cash on fuel consumption. Go for the better crash rating. That's basically all that matters here. It's not like you can speed when the fast lane is filled with 70kph snails and the normal lane is filled with people going in reverse.

I dont like my car all that much outside of its looks but if i get into an accident i have a very good chance of surviving while the guy in the toyota/honda/gen2/aveo will be dead or paralyzed.

Oh yeah? And what are you driving then?

IF i could not afford a decent car, i would just buy the oldest but strongest piece of steel i could find on one2car

safety first. Those new cheap cars have terrible safeties and should only be driven at 40kph max if you want to survive a minor crash.

Those chevy trucks from the 60's are probably strong enough to run through a Fortuner with no damage at 80kph

Don't think so, rides of that era had no seat belts or crumple zones. Truck servived but you didn't. ermm.gif

ducktape yourself to your seat, play chicken with fortuners

stick with the brio/march. Good little cheap cars that can fit between the cracks of crashing cars to avoid death

I really hate the Brio; looks terrible and way overpriced (over 500K for an automatic). Compared to 460K for Nissan March or Mitsu Mirage

I don't even understand how they were able to call it a "Brio" surely this name is already copyrighted? I remember playing with Brio train sets when i was a kid: http://www.brio.net/

How anyone could think of buying anything without Airbags and ABS is beyond me....

Came out of my Village yesterday into the small road [we would call a Lane in UK] going down to the main road, 200 m from Village was 2 Isuzu D-Max they had hit full square head on.... The Gold Series SLX both the Man and Passenger Lady managed to get out as I was slowly getting past., both air bags had gone off...... the other D-Max a bit older 2005 - 2008 model EX base model, the driver was badly hurt and unconscious, not sure if there was a passenger as the roof was folded and almost on the seat...... it had just happened

Yes, it's a sad reflection on multinational companies in Thailand that they even offer base models without basic safety features. Toyota offers the base Vios, and Chevrolet have the base Aveo without airbags or ABS. In the US the replacement Aveo, the Sonic and the Cruze are all offered with 10 standard airbags. By contrast, even the 1.2mil range-topping Cruze in Thailand only offers two. Chevrolet followed Volvo's lead that basic safety features should be standard across the range, but in Thailand they do things differently.....