What To Do, Where Do I Get Off.

thequietman

sorry mods, this is in suv. airport forum but no replies so I will try here if thats ok.

Hi guys,

Flying out of Thailand, Friday this week.

I will be arriving into Mochit. I have a rucksack, laptop and hand luggage.

Taxi or Train to the airport ?

Where do I get off (what station) to get the connection for the train to the airport please.

Would you advise taking a taxi from Mochit straight to the airport. Any idea on cost for that. I arrive in Mochit about 6:30 am. on Thursday. I,m staying at a hotel just 5 minutes from the airport(The Convenient Hotel) and leave 7:15 am friday.

Also, do the money changers (banks) in the airport stay open 24 hrs. I need to get about 500 dollars to travel to Myanmar.

Thanks in advance for all your help. Happy Songkran.

Regards

As he ^ said. Just take green line to PayaThai and take express to BKK (90 baht and 17 minutes).

You'll get a better excange rate outside of the airport (yes, 24 hours).

If you're a Yank you'll do better arriving in Burma with Pounds or Euros.

Taxi from Mor Chit to the airport is normally 230 (ish) baht. If you take the tollway it is another 100 (ish) baht; can't remember how many gates you go through.

Edit: The taxi's from Mor Chit are all meter; if they tell you the meter isn't working, get another.

Edited by chrisinth

only take a taxi if you're rich, lazy and/or overloaded. And have plenty of time to kill.

Or claim it on company expenses, then booking a "limo" is the correct course of action.

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

mochit bts to phayathai bts. phayathai bts to airport connection.

you can trade money in the airport but i dont know if the rates are lower probably only marginably so. if you want to take a taxi that is your choice but i would not.

How far is mochit BTS from Mochit bus station? I have always figured that as i have to get a taxi to the BTS and then change lines I may as well get a taxi all the way.