Renting A Condo

sunny747

hello all,

renting a condo very soon. they are asking for 2 months deposit and 1 month rent which is pretty much standard in bkk for a one year contract.

however, i would love to know what are the mandatory things i should be looking at while signing the contract?

i heard stories like the owner at times reluctant to pay the deposit once you decide to leave the condo. i obviously don't want that to happen.

An agent has supported me in finding the condo.

any tips on how to deal with the owner?

thank you so much

deposit is a gift to the owner !

he might decide to renovate the room when you move with your deposit

it happens so often ,best be prepared for it ,then if you get anything back its a bonus

No it isn't. Grow up.

it happens so often ,best be prepared for it ,then if you get anything back its a bonus

No it isn't. Grow up.

ok,so why is there a thread every week about landlords keeping deposits ?

did you get a cornflake stuck in your neck this morning bendix ?

I've rented four or five houses in Bangkok over the past decade. Never had any problems getting deposit back, minus a maturely agreed deduction for any damages that went beyond normal wear and tear.

Deposits always back within six weeks of departure date, which seems very reasonable given power and water bills take time to trickle through.

For every 'horror story' you hear on TV, wana, there are thousands of normal experiences that don't get reported on this forum.

• Like 1

I've rented four or five houses in Bangkok over the past decade. Never had any problems getting deposit back, minus a maturely agreed deduction for any damages that went beyond normal wear and tear.

Deposits always back within six weeks of departure date, which seems very reasonable given power and water bills take time to trickle through.

For every 'horror story' you hear on TV, wana, there are thousands of normal experiences that don't get reported on this forum.

precisely why i said to view it as a gift and if it comes back its a bonus

too many people end up relying on the deposit and then they are in a hole when it doesnt come back

talking about vandalising property and threatening landlords etc

people renting with the wrong attitude etc

No it isn't. Grow up.

Yes it is.

• Like 1

it seems everybody has an opinion, nobody knows anything.

my question is what precautionary method i should take to prevent owner tricking me?

somebody said not to pay the last month rent, good idea but i'm paying for 2 months and one month advance??

my question is what precautionary method i should take to prevent owner tricking me?

somebody said not to pay the last month rent, good idea but i'm paying for 2 months and one month advance??

dont be so lazy ,use the search function and see what general opinion is regarding thai landlords and deposits ....... ;)

Well, before you sign the contract, you should together with the landlord make a list of damage that already exists, preferably with some photos. And have him/her sign this list.

1. Bargain hard to reduce the deposit to 1 month, show you're ready to walk away

2. Talk to existing tenants to see what the landlord's reputation is

3. Take good photos and have him initial them.

4. And finally, be prepared to not be too upset if you don't get it back

No it isn't. Grow up.

ok,so why is there a thread every week about landlords keeping deposits ?

did you get a cornflake stuck in your neck this morning bendix ?

:D

You guys never got back ur deposits? Well the next batch is on me at Fools Inn

nothing much you could to do about it. skipping rent isnt a good idea, you are breaching the contract you signed, you could get thrown out and your deposit will be gone, guaranteed

not sure how and where people get their landlords from, but i rented from 3 different owners, no issues on getting back the deposit. but again im staying in cm maybe the situation is different.