Everybody Reply **** Urgent ****

Hi! Folks

Would appreciate if all of u out there were to reply and guide me as to the following :-

1. I am eligible for a One Year Non-Imigrant (O) Class on the basis of my marriage to a Thai Lady and having thai kids with her from my Thai embassy in India.

2. Does this mean that After getting the Visa and staying in Thailand I will still have to report to Immigration after every 90 days ???

3. Do I have to keep 200k in the bank as proof or whatever for immiration ???

4. Do I have to earn and deposit 40,000 baht monthly in my bank account ???

5. Does keeping 200k in the bank as proof or whatever for immiration entitle me not to report to immigration after every 90 days ???

yours answers will be highly appreciated .

regards

UCOMSERVICES

1. You would be allowed a 90 day non immigrant visa which requires you depart after a ninety day stay on the basis of family visit. You might also be able to receive such a visa with multi entries allows and valid for up to one year. But you would still have to exit country every 90 days.

2. No reporting of address required as you don't remain in Thailand more than 90 days.

3. 200k (or more likely 400k next July) is required for an extension of your visa inside Thailand on the basis of support for Thai. It is not needed for visa but is needed for visa extension if you want that.

4. There is no fixed earning requirement but you will be asked for some details as how the money is going to appear if you want an extension.

5. No. You either must report every 90 days (on extensions) or leave at less than 90 days (on multi entry visa).

This is quite important......

you say

on the basis of my marriage to a Thai Lady and having thai kids with her

Has your wife got a job for you selling nutsand condiments in Soi 23....

This may affect your visa status

UCOM, You also did not state your nationality,Your age or your monthly income,all of these things count on you getting a visa and what "O" visa you would be best to apply for.

As to the 90 day reports to immigration,they are nothing to worry about,I have been doing it for 3 years and all it takes is a letter to them in BKK every 3 months,which to my way of thinking is a whole lot easier than making a border run every 3 months.

No you do not have to keep 200,000 in the bank,you can use it but must show that is comes from out of the country and any money you put in has to show that it is not earned incountry.

as to the money requirements,they will change next july and so you should be prepared to meet the new laws if you plan to live here.

Minor point in regards to Point 3 of lopburi's otherwise excellent advice (and I make this comment only because I sense a potential lack of understanding between a visa and an entry permit).

A visa is something issued outside thailand by a diplomatic post of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

An entry permit is something issued inside Thailand by Thai Immigration.

There is no such things as a "visa extension" - EVER.

What can be extended is an entry permit. With the exception of entry permits in relation to a retirement visa, when you enter Thailand, border immigration posts never (as far as i can tell) give entry permits longer than 90 days.

A 90 day entry permit can be extended for a short period by applying for a short-term extension at Thai Immigration office.

What is controlled fairly strictly are extensions of a 90 day entry permit for the remainder of a full year since you last entered Thailand. If you get such an extension, your passport is supposed to report to immigration every 90 days - with no requirement to leave the country (you do not ned to show up - just your passport).

If you have any type of long-stay entry permit and need to leave the country for any reason, you MUST obtain a re-entry permit before departing Thailand - otherwise your extened entry permit is voided, and you must start the process over again.

So - no such thing as a "visa extension" - when people use this phrase, they are actually talking about an entry pernit extension.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.thaistartup.com

Indo,

I agree with you but the following bit is confusing

"What is controlled fairly strictly are extensions of a 90 day entry permit for the remainder of a full year since you last entered Thailand. If you get such an extension, your passport is supposed to report to immigration every 90 days - with no requirement to leave the country (you do not ned to show up - just your passport)."

I have always done it by post. I do not send my passport

So...if my bf (from holland) doesn't have enuff money back there in his home country to put in Thai bank ... He can't put salaries he earns here into that account? Simply, he has to go back to his country and get a new job to earn some more $$$, or do whatever outside Thailand to make some $$$ till it's enuff, then come back again??? to be able to get married?... :o

hmmmmm

ThanksGuys !!!

Just some more info wated :- andinforthe KevinN said was reqd.

1. Age : 37 yrs Male, Nationality: Indian

2. Do I still have to exit the country after 90 days if I take a One year Non-Immigration VISA ???

3. Does putting 200K in the bank not enale me tostay continuouslyin THailand forOne year ???

4. Also, I plan to send money out of Thaland and route it back to me in theform of Cheque or Draft to show that the money came from outside the country every month ????

5. Also, how do I go about obtaining a work permit if right now i don't have a person to sponsor me for work. i.e I will go to thailand and try to find some work there or open up something there ????

Replies appreciated

UCOMSERVICES

ThanksGuys !!!

Just some more info wated :- andinforthe KevinN said was reqd.

1. Age : 37 yrs Male, Nationality: Indian

2. Do I still have to exit the country after 90 days if I take a One year Non-Immigration VISA ???

3. Does putting 200K in the bank not enale me tostay continuouslyin THailand forOne year ???

4. Also, I plan to send money out of Thaland and route it back to me in theform of Cheque or Draft to show that the money came from outside the country every month ????

5. Also, how do I go about obtaining a work permit if right now i don't have a person to sponsor me for work. i.e I will go to thailand and try to find some work there or open up something there ????

Replies appreciated

UCOMSERVICES

Once you get the one year extension you need not leave every 90 days, but you have to report to Immigration every 90 days. You need 200,000 baht in a bank in Thailand to be eligible for the extension. It will become a 400,000 baht requirement from July.

You need an employers assistance to get a work permit.

• 1 month later...

....sorry, you all missed 3 important points:

1. you need to show the bank-book, no orignial bank-book in your hand,

no visa from out-of-T-land embassy, no visa-extension in bangkok

2. thai-embassy personnel can be testy and bitchy, and have 'been given

the discretion' to decide, under Thaksin, it is easier and safer to decide NO to visa or to the visa you want or no to you 'because you stay too long thailand'

3. bankok thai immigration police: room 205 personnel are 50/50.

sargent-major Vut Sripoo will try to be helpful, but his bitchy supervisor

regects everything no matter what you've got: wife, babies, money, recs, friends, etc. go to chiangmai, where friendly = helpful.

the discretion' to decide, under Thaksin, it is easier and safer to decide NO to visa or to the visa you want or no to you 'because you stay too long thailand'

regects everything no matter what you've got: wife, babies, money, recs, friends, etc. go to chiangmai, where friendly = helpful.

He's married to a Thai and says he has the 200,000 baht. Provided he gets here before July he should have no problems at all. He will need 400,000 next year to get another extension. Until he finds an employer a work permit cannot be obtained

That seems fairly straightforward to me, and your experience at Suan Phlu is rare. It sounds as though you are not into jai yen.

1. Bank book/copies of pages and bank letter are all required - but only for extension of stay on the basis of support using a bank balance. Not many get asked for this at the Royal Thai Consulate in their home country when requesting a visa AFAIK.

2. All countries play by the same general rule book and the visa authorities have wide leway and the immigration people can accept or reject even with a visa. I have never heard of anyone married being denied a non immigrant visa because of reasons you cite.

3. Perhaps a bad hair day for you or them? Most people have no problems if they provide the information requested.

Although you may not believe it most people here seem to have good experience with immigration and reading the forums daily you get to see that. Your report will be on the other side of the scale and when/if the balance shifts our; (those of us who read daily and try to convey the gist to others) comments will surly change. But for now your experience seems to be the exception.